Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEEZER (Premium+) Similar to Spotify. 3 Months for 99c.

Options
  • 21-03-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

DEEZER (Premium+) Similar to Spotify. 3 Months for 99c.

http://try.deezer.com/stpatricksday_ie/ (DEAL LINK)

Deal ends midnight 24/3/14

Premium+ allows downloads for offline listening, enhanced sound quality, unlimited streaming, play on mobile or tablet as well as Windows etc and no adds.

http://www.deezer.com/offers/premiumplus
    Keep the party going with 30 million tracks in your pocket....
    *Pay €0.99 for 3 months of Deezer Premium+, then €9.99 a month after 3 months. Unsubscribe at anytime during and after the first 3 months.

Update: Works on Android tablet, Ipad and Windows Laptop so far though was initially placed on cheaper deal on registration until I hit 15 day Premium+ button. Now showing Your Deezer Premium+ subscription is valid from 21-03-2014 until 21-06-2014 at 20:16. in My Subscriptions under Settings. When I try it on Android TV Box it's telling me it's not in my country yet! This even on foreign VPN's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Premium+ 15 days free not 3 months · then €9.99 a month - Am I missing something?

Edit: its the St Patricks link that gives the 3 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks for this, Spotify subscription is coming to an end in 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Just use grooveshark..it's free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Says its not available in my country.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Good find OP, The €9.99 spotify subscription as good as it is, was getting a bit expensive for me. This seems like a great alternative for €0.99 for three months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

cojomo2 wrote: »

Free to use offline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Thanks OP, setting up my playlists now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 westside

Cheers op. Works with my sonos system .... 3 months for 99c is a super price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

westside wrote: »
    Cheers op. Works with my sonos system .... 3 months for 99c is a super price

Minor issue was that i could not sign up to deezer without activating my tracking protection in IE but once that got done signup worked fine, thank OP.

And on Sonos it works like a charm, I love the sound quality of the streaming music.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

cojomo2 wrote: »

I just added that on Cydia and it says it's a 14 day trial!

Also massive streaming issues, crap layout and issues with spellings. (see song title in attached image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭LowOdour

My LG TV has a Deezer app...wonder will the service be available on it? I know the spotify app only works when you have a premium account

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I just added that on Cydia and it says it's a 14 day trial!

Also massive streaming issues, crap layout and issues with spellings. (see song title in attached image.

that's because a lot of the stuff on Grooveshark is user-uploaded, so the quality, spelling etc is variable. They're not legit, every major record label has sued them - you might as well just torrent the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if you switch from Spotify to Deezer (or any other streaming service) is there a facility to copy over your playlists from Spotify (in the exact order you've put the songs in) to the new service ? Or would you have to organise the whole thing again manually ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if you switch from Spotify to Deezer (or any other streaming service) is there a facility to copy over your playlists from Spotify (in the exact order you've put the songs in) to the new service ? Or would you have to organise the whole thing again manually ?

http://spotizr.com/

Muahahaha wrote: »
    clevtrev wrote: »

You just beat me to it!

You type in your Spotify PlayList URL so for example Spotify.ie/Alan/AlansPlaylist
    And it wil find and import all your songs into Deezer.

It worked with all my songs for me bar one which was just a cover of another song so Deezer will have pretty much every song you're looking for and sometimes more, 30m songs vs 20m.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

You just beat me to it!

You type in your Spotify PlayList URL so for example Spotify.ie/Alan/AlansPlaylist

It worked with all my songs for me bar one which was just a cover of another song so Deezer will have pretty much every song you're looking for and sometimes more, 30m songs vs 20m.

I have nearly 200 playlists, could be a slow process importing them one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

What about Jango?? Is that not something similar and it's free? I use it and I think it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Deeper have no rights to the greatest band of the 70s "the Eagles" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

clevtrev wrote: »
    You just beat me to it!

Thanks lads, I've no reason to move off Spotify Premium right now but I would prefer it to be a little cheaper. it's nice to know that when competition really hots up in the streaming music space and prices come down a tad that it'll be reasonably easy to switch.

Trying to buy it there now because my Spotify premium expires on 28/3 but I get this:
    "Sorry, you are not eligible for this special offer.
    Check out our other offers."
    I've never used Deezer before, has anyone any idea how to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Trying to buy it there now because my Spotify premium expires on 28/3 but I get this:
    "Sorry, you are not eligible for this special offer.
    Check out our other offers."
    I've never used Deezer before, has anyone any idea how to fix it?

Tried to sign up too and getting this error, sent them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Good find OP, The €9.99 spotify subscription as good as it is, was getting a bit expensive for me. This seems like a great alternative for €0.99 for three months.

How was it getting expensive!?

€10 per month for something can be a lot for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

€10 per month for something can be a lot for some people.

€2.30 a week on top of the broadband or mobile data charges isn't expensive by any standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

€2.30 a week on top of the broadband or mobile data charges isn't expensive by any standards.

Well that really depends on how much you use the service as well as how many other bills/services you subscribe to monthly. For example I have cineworld, netflix and vpn subscriptions and then other things like mobile top ups etc, plus I find Google Music's free service is good enough for me but I'll have a look whenever any free or cheap deals for unlimited music subscriptions pop up, but it's not something I can justify €10 a month on.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Since your question was directed at me, I'm an unwaged student, so although I could afford it, I could do without paying that extra €10

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

top_dog wrote: »
    What about Jango?? Is that not something similar and it's free? I use it and I think it's very good.

Never heard of Jango before (except the movie) this thread. Great app.

My Spotify was supposed to expire on 28 and it's still going strong! (tip wood.)
    On the Vodafone website the offer is gone but Spotify still say I'm premium.
    Raging I couldn't get this offer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

anybody ever tried the spotify trick, changing the date on your phone?
    not sure if it works tbh.
    someone i know done it, the free 2 day trial lasts forever when you change the date.
    i did see that it did say something ridiculous like 100.000 left.
    but havnt seen him since so not sure if it actually works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Can't find grooveshark on AppStore .. :(

Advertisement