Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new grants?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

With this money they got, do you lads think there will be any grants coming out?
    Particularly for a slurry tanker!
    As I remember a grant for an adgitator and a slurry tank years ago!
    Thanks lads!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

With this money they got, do you lads think there will be any grants coming out?
    Thanks lads!!

would severly doubt it....would be hard to expect taxpayer to pay for farmers to buy new equipment:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Yes. Tams two starting in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

Thanks lads!!

Yes there coming in for the start of next year but I think it includes slurry storage, milking parlours and trailing shoes to mention a few that I know of. I don't see them giving grants for slurry tanks. It would be pure madness if they did it again though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Any chance of changing the thread title to something less likely to annoy other posters every time it pops up on the home page. "Any new grants" flashing up as a thread tite on the boards home page in the F&F forum, not a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bulls Notion

This is what annoys me about this site, users like this who comment in a negative attitude towards everything when a user cannot post something he is enquiring about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Plus the reality is, that it is the machinery manufacturers, that are being supported. Who no doubt are making expensive kit, and charging top dollar for it, persuading governments to make new laws farmers have to adhere to, and they need support to pay for their nice cars, and keep the shareholders happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Take it easy lads he only asked a simple question!!:o I,m not sure is there any new grants coming for machinery but heard ppl say there might be one on the way for sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Grant for trailing shoe slurry equipment:

https://www.agriland.ie/news/dairy-a-priority-for-new-tams/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Yes. Tams two starting in 2015

What's tams greengrass..?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

See link in my email above

• Advertisement

Targeted agricultural modernisation scheme

Ah, the poor, poor farmers. Now they've sold all their road frontage to support the bungalow blitz, they want the hard working tax payer to supply him/her the equipment to run his/her business. Lads, it ye can't make it pay, get out. Thats what other private business have to do.

Ah, the poor, poor farmers. Now they've sold all their road frontage to support the bungalow blitz, they want the hard working tax payer to supply him/her the equipment to run his/her business. Lads, it ye can't make it pay, get out. Thats what other private business have to do.

Get your facts right before you start talking about something you don't understand.
    The grants are to help modernise farms so they can meet the future food require ments of the growing world population.
    They are also there to help young farmers get into farming which there is a complete lack of at the minute.
    The grant covers 40% of the cost and the farmer pays the rest (60%).
    Its no gravey train.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

And why not ? Farmers are taxpayers same as everyone else, actually I would think they are as much entitled to help from the state as those who are getting dole and living in council houses;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

This is slowly turning into a farmer bashing thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Ah poor Maryanne! You must have got bored on the Coronation Street thread. Came on here of a little soap opera of your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

The funding from the eu for grants is given for work which is carried out generally by local builders, electricians, equipment manufacturers, etc so goes straight in to the local economy, giving the majority of sectors a boost. It is not like it is given to farmers to do a they please. Would you give out if your neighbour bought a car using a scrappage scheme funded by government?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    This is slowly turning into a farmer bashing thread :mad:

It makes me so annoyed that farmers always seem so apologetic for any grants we get from the state which we are fully entitled to and you have the likes of that Maryanne one , whose biggest claim to fame is her in depth knowledge of television programmes and claiming social welfare , come on here and tell us about how to run our business .

Maryanne remember the woman on the radio about 12 years ago? She was a Dub that rang into Pat Kenny's show complaining about farmers paying no tax and all those other myths that non farming folk believe about farmers. Anyway a farmer up the country invited her onto his farm for a few days to give her a taste of farming and showed her what profit he was making out of it, she changed her tune about farmers after those few days. Maryanne maybe we can arrange something similar for you :)

cristeoir wrote: »
    It makes me so annoyed that farmers always seem so apologetic for any grants we get from the state which we are fully entitled to and you have the likes of that Maryanne one , whose biggest claim to fame is her in depth knowledge of television programmes and claiming social welfare , come on here and tell us about how to run our business .

Touched a nerve, did I? You said it's a business, so run it like one. If you can't make a living from a business, you close it down. If you can't make a living on a farm, what do you do? Look for help from the state, aka the taxpayer, either in grants of the farmers dole.
    Now what soaps are on today?

• Advertisement

Touched a nerve, did I? You said it's a business, so run it like one. If you can't make a living from a business, you close it down. If you can't make a living on a farm, what do you do? Look for help from the state, aka the taxpayer, either in grants of the farmers dole.
    Maryanne take off them blinkers, now what about that proposition I gave you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

cristeoir wrote: »

I for one am not a bit apologetic. I suggested before credit cards should have the owners views on farmers entered into the chip. Those that moan on about things they don't understand would be disallowed from buying Irish food.

An empty belly is a great leveller.

Now, what will I spend my €20/ha SFP on, a (matchbox) Ferrari maybe :cool:

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Maryanne remember the woman on the radio about 12 years ago? She was a Dub that rang into Pat Kenny's show complaining about farmers paying no tax and all those other myths that non farming folk believe about farmers. Anyway a farmer up the country invited her onto his farm for a few days to give her a taste of farming and showed her what profit he was making out of it, she changed her tune about farmers after those few days. Maryanne maybe we can arrange something similar for you :)

Farm camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Have you eaten any food today, or drank any milk? How much did it cost you Maryanne? These grants are there so the likes of you, and every other misinformed troll can have a regular supply of CHEAP food. We will happily give up any grant which we receive when we start getting a FAIR price for our produce.

I grew up on a farm. I know only too well the long hours and scarce money that is in farming. Which is why I say, if it's not paying, get out. For the sake of the family, if nothing else. Wheres the point in working all the hours God sends, if you are struggling to feed yourself and a family? It makes no sense at all to me. My Dad died a young man, due to the hardships of his efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I grew up on a farm. I know only too well the long hours and scarce money that is in farming. Which is why I say, if it's not paying, get out. For the sake of the family, if nothing else. Wheres the point in working all the hours God sends, if you are struggling to feed yourself and a family? It makes no sense at all to me. My Dad died a young man, due to the hardships of his efforts.

The people that are giving out the grants want farmers to stay on the land because it generates the money around smaller areas that would have shag all without it . That money also keeps the food in the supermakets way more affordable for everyone .
    What do you propose farmers to do if they give up farming because of the small money ? Would you mind price rises in the supermarket if the SFP support was taken away from the producers ?

No point asking Maryanne questions as she is only interested in giving her blinkered view and refuses to answer questions in case she might have to enter a debate :mad:

Ok maryanne suppose we all take your advice ,seeing as you are such a business guru, and get out surely it will cost the state more in dole and such like in the long run with absolutely zero return

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Fair city is on this evening, their acting is as believable as your arguments.

• Advertisement

moy83 wrote: »
    The people that are giving out the grants want farmers to stay on the land because it generates the money around smaller areas that would have shag all without it . That money also keeps the food in the supermakets way more affordable for everyone .
    What do you propose farmers to do if they give up farming because of the small money ? Would you mind price rises in the supermarket if the SFP support was taken away from the producers ?
    Dont worry too much

I am considering selling my farm to the closest dairy farmers by auction, I expect huge interest and heated bidding :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement