Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

donegal12 wrote: »
    I bought one of these Christmas 2017 on offer. It has stopped working. I didn't have any problems with it until it just stopped working last week. Is that it ready for the bin now or is there any point in contacting Argos?

Did you check the fuse in the plug? It could be as simple as that but that could also indicate an issue with the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I bought one of these Christmas 2017 on offer. It has stopped working. I didn't have any problems with it until it just stopped working last week. Is that it ready for the bin now or is there any point in contacting Argos?

What exactly is not working?

Mine stopped grinding beans properly for a while. Several deeps cleans later and it was fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭donegal12

Thank you both, it is saying the tray that collects the used coffee is full which means nothing happens when I press the button to make a cup. I've cleaned the tray and whole machine thoroughly so I'm not sure what's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Thank you both, it is saying the tray that collects the used coffee is full which means nothing happens when I press the button to make a cup. I've cleaned the tray and whole machine thoroughly so I'm not sure what's up.
    Could be a sensor issue. Check the the drip tray sensor. Usually when you remove it to empty it out, a message will pop up, when you put it back it should clear the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Have you removed and replaced it with the machine turned on because I noticed I had to do that to extinguish the light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

iHungry wrote: »
    Have you removed and replaced it with the machine turned on because I noticed I had to do that to extinguish the light?

Definitely try this, the tray has to be set right for the red light to go off for me. Often a quick clean where the tray makes contact with the machine removes the tiniest bit of coffee and then the red light disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Also try contacting delonghi support. I messaged them via IM on their site and they gave me some troubleshooting options

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

I had to vacumn out the sensor on mine at one stage something probably coffee had got jammed in there

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

What descaler are people using? Where's best place to buy, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

meathman0 wrote: »
    Oust.. my local Centra has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Delonghi Ecodecalck is available in Harvey Normans and DID.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Basq wrote: »
    Oust.. my local Centra has it.

Tesco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Can anyone recommend a food grade lubricant/grease for a De'longhi diffuser?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

meathman0 wrote: »

Plain old citric acid for me. Have only cleaned it twice so far and have done over 2,500 cups according to the data in the maintenance section. I have VERY soft water though.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

highdef wrote: »
    Plain old citric acid for me. Have only cleaned it twice so far and have done over 2,500 cups according to the data in the maintenance section. I have VERY soft water though.

The data in the maintenance section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

highdef wrote: »
    the data in the maintenance section. I have VERY soft water though.

What?
    Where?
    How?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Curious where this is too considering the Magnifica doesn’t have a screen unless you need to count flashing lights to get number of cups! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,977 ✭✭✭✭event

The light just came on for my descaler and I have none left. Where would you get some quickly in a B&M store. Are the likes of Tesco any good? What would I be looking for, have only ever used the De'Longhi one

Dont feel in a hurry. Few weeks be no problem

Oust do a standard one that you should get in Tesco that does the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

As snoopsheep said, Oust does the job

Oh right, I thought it needed to be done ASAP.

Had a mini heart attack at the thought of no coffee tomorrow :D

Im not even sure its an event triggered by an actual state of affairs- i think its based in the ph reading entered during setup, so it cant be that accurate (someone pls tell me if im wrong, mines been blinking for a week)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

DID and Harvey Norman stock the Delonghi descaler. Despite the consensus on any old descaler on here, I would only use a citric cid based descaler like Delonghi EcoDecalk as other ones may eat your rubber seals.

None of those close but I will use some Oust for the time being and then get the De'Longhi one

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

event wrote: »
    None of those close but I will use some Oust for the time being and then get the De'Longhi one

FYI Argos stock it aswell.
    "De'Longhi EcoDecalk 500ml Descaler"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

I have this machine almost a year now and the descaling light has never come on. When setting the PH scale at the time, I think it was just 1 away from the "good" end of the scale. I've used it about 4 x300 times approx I'd say since then. I still have original scaler soln and wonder should I just force a descale

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I have this machine almost a year now and the descaling light has never come on. When setting the PH scale at the time, I think it was just 1 away from the "good" end of the scale. I've used it about 4 x300 times approx I'd say since then. I still have original scaler soln and wonder should I just force a descale

Maybe the descaler notification bulb is broken? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Maybe the descaler notification bulb is broken? ;)

All lights flash on when I start it up cold so don't think it's a bulb. I might try resetting it fully maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

You can start a descale without the light coming on.
    https://youtu.be/MLff4EpFBu4

Advertisement