Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Robot Vacuum Cleaner €179.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

nicapp wrote: »
    Does anyone have the customer care number on the instructions booklet is it an Aldi customer care number or the manufacterer? I was going to ring them to get clarification on this but obviously the bòoks gone back with Dobbie hence i nolonger have it?

This is the number I rang: 057 9324910

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nicapp

ImARebel wrote: »
    This is the number I rang: 057 9324910

Thanks, I miss Dobby so much :0( Has anyone who contacted customer helpline heard any news re the July meeting they were having with suppliers re spares?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks, I miss Dobby so much :0(

Interesting article (nothing to do with Bargain Alerts, but related to robots becoming pets/members of the family ... pretty much an inevitability)

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/09/17/emotional-attachment-to-robots-could-affect-outcome-on-battlefield/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Johnny is dying.

He tries to start, turns his little brushes but doesn't move forward.
    He then flashes red beeping a couple of times.

It's 4 or 5 months now since he came into our house so the 60 day return isn't an option but he's still under the 3 year warranty.

Will ring the support number in the morning.

In the meantime if anyone can think of a cause can they let me know?
    I've cleaned out the filters, manually disconnected & reconnected the battery to hard reset. I've unscrewed the brushed & pulled out some thread caught in it. I've opened it up at the bottom but can't see anything stuck on the wheels.

It's like the motor to drive the wheels isn't working but the motor to drive the brushes still is but when the wheels don't turn the brushes stop.

It's a sad day!

Awww poor Johhny Linlithgow Aldi has about 30 in it at £99.

Hope you get a replacement ok the mechanical faults that soon is worrying. I bought another Dobby but he's still sat in his box not decided if im keeping him yet. Lets us know how you get on with customer care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the problem with all these little robot vacuum cleaners is that unless you live in a square box with no furniture and NOTHING on the floor except dust, they're never going to do a decent job.

they might be worth it if you live in an uncluttered apartment with no kids or pets, but for me, (with a roomba 525, mid-range model) i ended up spending more time getting everything off the floor and clearing the way for our roomba that it would have been quicker to vacuum everything myself.

the only way to keep the floors clean with it was if you let it go every night to do it, which meant a good tidy up every night before bed, moving dining room chairs, lifting curtains off the floor, moving every little toy, bag, shoes, cables, EVERYTHING out of the way that it could get caught on and then cleaning it out from the night before (as it would have been more than half full each night) and then letting it do it's thing.

EVERY...FREAKING...NIGHT...

and then at least twice a week it would have got caught on something i missed and given up without even doing half a job. :(

plus, it's not great with thick carpets, or complicated shaped (or busy, cluttered) rooms.

also heard of a guy who had a dog that took a shyte in his kitchen one night and he came down to find that the roomba had painted every inch of his floor with it. :D

vibe666 wrote: »
    heard of a guy who had a dog that took a shyte in his kitchen one night and he came down to find that the roomba had painted every inch of his floor with it.

o0sYa5V.png

Nice

mrcheez wrote: »
    o0sYa5V.png

Nice
    was that you, or did I just mis-remember something off the TV/web as if it were a real thing? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

mrcheez wrote: »
    o0sYa5V.png

Nice

Jesus, thats appalling and hilarious at the same time!
    I hope he fecked the bot in the bin and didn't spend two days trying to get bits of shi*teout of it. :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    was that you, or did I just mis-remember something off the TV/web as if it were a real thing? :eek:

my house ain't that nice :P

Nah just googled "roomba dog crap"

• Advertisement

Awww poor Johhny Linlithgow Aldi has about 30 in it at £99.

Hope you get a replacement ok the mechanical faults that soon is worrying. I bought another Dobby but he's still sat in his box not decided if im keeping him yet. Lets us know how you get on with customer care.

I had to Google where 'Linlithgow' was.
    This is mainly an Irish forum just in case you hadn't realised but hello to you in Scotland anyway.

I rang the after sales number & it's the same story as mentioned before - they don't have the parts.
    It's back to ALDI I go to bid farewell to Johnny.

frash wrote: »
    I had to Google where 'Linlithgow' was.
    This is mainly an Irish forum just in case you hadn't realised but hello to you in Scotland anyway.

I rang the after sales number & it's the same story as mentioned before - they don't have the parts.
    It's back to ALDI I go to bid farewell to Johnny.

Ohhhh Sorry Didn't realise this thread was just for the Irish Aldi's :0)

So does the Aldi customer care have no plans to be able to get replacement parts?

Ohhhh Sorry Didn't realise this thread was just for the Irish Aldi's :0)

So does the Aldi customer care have no plans to be able to get replacement parts?

It's not - you can talk about anything from anywhere just it's mainly an Irish site.

The guy on the phone didn't know anything about getting spare parts in - said to just bring it back to the shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There's still 2 of these little guys roaming around my house, charging themselves when they like and off the go again.

They still work grand months on, still need to hoover the stairs manually.

My dog still isn't happy though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Are these good at sucking up pubes? Would be perfect for the bathroom (it's tiled).

yes, but they get wrapped around the roller really easily and jam it up, so you'll be plucking them out of it every few days or so, depending on how pubey you were to begin with. ;)

Just returned Johnny to ALDI and picked up Johnny II.

Kept the spare brushes & filter too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just returned Johnny to ALDI and picked up Johnny II.

Kept the spare brushes & filter too! ;)
    Did they happen to have a replacement in store, or did they order it for you beforehand ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Did they happen to have a replacement in store, or did they order it for you beforehand ?

Happened to have one.
    It was the last one before anyone asks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Anyone buy one? any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone buy one? any good?

Did you read the 29 pages on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Overall They are good, worth the money

OK on carpets
    V good on hard floors

No spare parts easily available

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd say they'll come up for sale again this side of Christmas. If they have the spare parts issue sorted by then I think I'll get one, bit not till then as parts do need to be replaced on these yokes, no matter what brand you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

We had a Samsung one but sadly the cat killed it.
    He didn't like it so one day he just took his chances, pounced on it and pushed it down the stairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

SpaceTime wrote: »
    He didn't like it so one day he just took his chances, pounced on it and pushed it down the stairs!

:D
    queen_kitty.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

SpaceTime wrote: »

Clever cat! I have an iRobot. The blurb has all sorts of warnings to the effect 'thou shalt not let thy cat ride around on the robot', but there are lots of clips on Youtube of cats doing just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Has anyone brought there's back when they become faulty? If so what's the routine

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Has anyone brought there's back when they become faulty? If so what's the routine

I just brought it back to the shop.
    They then rang the after sales crowd to confirm they couldn't fix it .

They have me a replacement.

Maybe ring the after sales number just to confirm they still can't fix them.

What's wrong with it anyway?
    Have thou read troubleshooting on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It's making a dreadful noise and not suckling up at all. Reckon the motor is burnt out
    I just brought it back to the shop.
    They then rang the after sales crowd to confirm they couldn't fix it .

They have me a replacement.

Maybe ring the after sales number just to confirm they still can't fix them.

What's wrong with it anyway?
    Have thou read troubleshooting on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 majoliroja

Earlier on in this thread there was problem in getting spare parts - just to let you know I ordered and have received a set of brushes and a new filter - I called the number on the robovac and the parts arrived within a week - I am from uk though

Advertisement