Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you miss most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Planning ours is what kept me going and looking forward to it keeps me going:)

I think that I have nicer maternity clothes then normal clothes:)

Yeah, but you're always pregnant so that's why ;)

You going to give them all away when you give birth this time or will you put them in storage 'just in case' :P :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oi misses we have both spent the last 3/6 years of our lives pregnant!! and you still have age on your side unlike me;P
    If anyone would like some size 8(trousers),10 and 12(tops) maternity clothes after baba is born please let me know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I miss the odd glass of wine when watching a movie in front of the fire. Also heading to the cinema on a whim.
    Also when I park somewhere been able to get out and in when I've a ginormous belly to manoover. Then you come back and someone parks way too close to the door and we'll standing there scratching your head waiting for them to come back.

Silly one is I miss going unoticed I find everyone looks at me and some look really disapproving at me. I'm married happy and love my son and soon to be new baby (so annoying)

Miss my tummy time mummy's need it too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I miss being able to win arguments - any time I get het up at all for this whole pregnancy I start bawling, which makes my negotiation skills null and void.

Have been a bit bold with the cheeses, but I'd actually love a tequila sunrise and know that that's definitely a step too far. Have had about three glasses of wine in the last 36 weeks.

Sleeping on my stomach, lying on it in general as well. Personally I've loved the maternity jeans, makes the whole "oh I look pregnant in these" go away because I'm meant to, shopping after is going to be traumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I miss feeling like my old self if that makes any sense. I'm 11+3 today and for what feels like forever I've been feeling nauseated and tired and haven't had a full nights sleep for ages.
    I miss waking up in the morning with lots of energy, going to work and not wondering if I'll have to lock the office door to have a little cat nap at my desk.
    I know this will pass (at least all the books and aps tell me it will) and I wouldn't swap it as I'm delighted to be having this baby but it would be so so lovely to be able to give pregnancy, even just for one day, over to my husband and say "here you go, its your turn now". :):o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I miss feeling like my old self if that makes any sense. I'm 11+3 today and for what feels like forever I've been feeling nauseated and tired and haven't had a full nights sleep for ages.
    I miss waking up in the morning with lots of energy, going to work and not wondering if I'll have to lock the office door to have a little cat nap at my desk.
    I know this will pass (at least all the books and aps tell me it will) and I wouldn't swap it as I'm delighted to be having this baby but it would be so so lovely to be able to give pregnancy, even just for one day, over to my husband and say "here you go, its your turn now". :):o
    It does get better Penny Dreadful! In the next couple of weeks, you will hopefully find an increase in your energy levels and generally start to feel a bit more human. Also it's easier when everyone knows, because people sort of make allowances for you! You are coming in to a nice time when you're over the worst of the first tri but still small enough to feel like yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

ncmc wrote: »
    It does get better Penny Dreadful! In the next couple of weeks, you will hopefully find an increase in your energy levels and generally start to feel a bit more human. Also it's easier when everyone knows, because people sort of make allowances for you! You are coming in to a nice time when you're over the worst of the first tri but still small enough to feel like yourself!

Fingers crossed:) No one other than myself and my husband know yet so it is hard keeping things quiet - I've loads of things I want to discuss with my very experienced mother (who had 6 of us) and my older sister who has 3 kids. Its hard fibbing all of the time as to why I'm so tired and all that stuff.
    I have my scan and first appointment on April 1st (I know!:eek:) so thats nice to look forward to. I don't want to tell work for a while yet though (thankfully I still look the same mostly - boobs have gotten bigger and when I'm on my own in the office I just let me stomach relax but my clothes still fit fine) because I'm moving into a different role and want to get the job spec and contract all tidied away before I tell them. That was meant to be done last week so I don't feel bad about keeping it a secret as they're messing me around a little.

Advertisement