Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To turn my back on the family farm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

munkus wrote: »
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057122026/1/#post88403180

This lad's full of ****. Funny what a run through previous posts turns up. Hope the iPhone is going well and nice to see you've travelled the world. Did ya put that 25 grand into the Swiss bank account?

Honestly didn't know 9 years on the dole paid that well.

Ya, was just checking that out myself when phone 'died'. Said he visited 31 different countries and drives a bmw. Dole is great. My advice to him is go to Australia and save this country money. My advice to father is give land to anyone except your son. There are dogs homes would appreciate it more. That's presuming there is even a grain of truth in this story.
    But you are getting people to respond which is probably all you wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

have to laugh too at the fact he is the son he will get the farm:rolleyes: as my dad says all my kids are equal-thank god:D-A neighbour was saying how their son keeps saying when will they sign the farm over , he is blackmailing them by saying he will move his family away if they dont sign over soon- total prick,he is an only son with 3 sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I just spent the last half hour reading some of his previous posts. If all else fails he can work in the circus as a clown. Off shore bank accounts, 1 mill in the bank, hard graft repairing sheds, 9 years on the dole, multiple trips abroad, the never ending list of pure tripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

What I wrote is the truth, I have been unemployed for long periods over the last 9 years and bar a few weeks work here or there with a friend who is a self employed builder and a few stints in a hotel then yes I have been unemployed. I'd sign off the dole for a month if I had work and have done it before but I have never had regular employment for a long stretch of time.

Yes I do travel alot because I have some money which came into my possession when I turned 18, this came from my mothers side of the family. I travel abroad because I am bored with life in Ireland and have nothing to do here. People think I have no work ethic this is entirely untrue and when I have work I burst my gut at it, I want to be working but this is not happening in Ireland right now for me.

I could burst my gut daily on the family farm but what would I get in return? No pay or thanks only the expectation that I should do it because it will all be mine someday in the future. This is what my father did all his life only to inherit the land and not a single penny of the money he had created for his mother. I will never work a day on that farm until I own it and I will not allow history repeat itself and have the same thing happen to me as happened my father.

My father had a job throughout his life and was by no means exceptionally rich and it was not until the celtic tiger era that he truly increased his wealth but this money was not generated from farming or his job income. A few brief gambles on the property market between 2003-2005 created this and then again it took my mother and I massive lengths to prevent him squandering this wealth on him buying more farmland at hugely inflated prices and we basically saved his bacon. Now he knows we were right but still has a Bull McCabe like mentality to land. I am not jealous of my father and I am proud of what he has achieved in his life considering where he came from and had little opportunity, he has done well and I all want is for to be like him in a way.

People blast me and say I am lazy and have some sort of entitlement mentality. I'd rather be working and stand on my own feet but there is absolutely no work in Ireland for me. I know I can fall back on the farm when it comes to me and make a living from it through forestation. I will never farm it now as the will is not in me to farm but I would never sell it as it has been in the family since the 1600's.

I know if I hang on in Ireland I will inherit but I really don't know when and my family history suggests my parents will both live well past Eighty and my parents are in good health so I really don't know what to do or what will happen. In an ideal world for me my father would transfer ownership to me when turns 66 leaving me free to begin forestation and do my own thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Stinicker wrote: »
    What I wrote is the truth, I have been unemployed for long periods over the last 9 years and bar a few weeks work here or there with a friend who is a self employed builder and a few stints in a hotel then yes I have been unemployed. I'd sign off the dole for a month if I had work and have done it before but I have never had regular employment for a long stretch of time.

Yes I do travel alot because I have some money which came into my possession when I turned 18, this came from my mothers side of the family. I travel abroad because I am bored with life in Ireland and have nothing to do here. People think I have no work ethic this is entirely untrue and when I have work I burst my gut at it, I want to be working but this is not happening in Ireland right now for me.

I could burst my gut daily on the family farm but what would I get in return? No pay or thanks only the expectation that I should do it because it will all be mine someday in the future. This is what my father did all his life only to inherit the land and not a single penny of the money he had created for his mother. I will never work a day on that farm until I own it and I will not allow history repeat itself and have the same thing happen to me as happened my father.

My father had a job throughout his life and was by no means exceptionally rich and it was not until the celtic tiger era that he truly increased his wealth but this money was not generated from farming or his job income. A few brief gambles on the property market between 2003-2005 created this and then again it took my mother and I massive lengths to prevent him squandering this wealth on him buying more farmland at hugely inflated prices and we basically saved his bacon. Now he knows we were right but still has a Bull McCabe like mentality to land. I am not jealous of my father and I am proud of what he has achieved in his life considering where he came from and had little opportunity, he has done well and I all want is for to be like him in a way.

People blast me and say I am lazy and have some sort of entitlement mentality. I'd rather be working and stand on my own feet but there is absolutely no work in Ireland for me. I know I can fall back on the farm when it comes to me and make a living from it through forestation. I will never farm it now as the will is not in me to farm but I would never sell it as it has been in the family since the 1600's.

I know if I hang on in Ireland I will inherit but I really don't know when and my family history suggests my parents will both live well past Eighty and my parents are in good health so I really don't know what to do or what will happen. In an ideal world for me my father would transfer ownership to me when turns 66 leaving me free to begin forestation and do my own thing.

Maybe that's the fact why your not getting it?
    Why do you think planting is the best option?
    Planting is the last option or the lazy way out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

what sort of work suits you? list your ideal job at least.

you say your not lazy yet you wont help your father out until its signed over, he has burst his gut to rear a family, does that alone not make you in some way compelled to maybe return the favour? how in your right mind bar a feeling of entitlement alone can you even sit down and eat a dinner cooked by your parents without going out and trying to help them.

Maybe that's the fact why your not getting it?
    Why do you think planting is the best option?
    Planting is the last option or the lazy way out

It is the best economics for the place, my father refuses to see this because he has money and a sentimental attachment to the land. I never grew up there and all it is to me is equity on which you should get the maximum profit out of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yes, Yes you should if you have noting else to do as you are unemployed. It might give you a 'feel' for the work and the land, you can do a Green Cert to aid your knowledge if you're not doing anything else.

I will be the most surprised person in Ireland if you inherit that farm. I suspect your father knows well your attitude to it. I am sure he would rather leave it to someone who wants it, I am sure he has neighbors etc. young lads or ladies who help him out. Or your sisters family. ETA So form what I can gather you want to do nothing with the farm until you own it? And you expect your father to give you a business in spite of the fact you have done nothing with if, shown no interest, will nor want to use or develop it? Ok. Good luck with that one!!

Anyway that is beside the point. You CAN get a job if you want one. Stacking shelves, working in a shop, factory, waiting tables, takeaway, security even. I have done it and continue to do it. You don't need an education, or a LC to do these jobs. I currently work for free at the moment on top of doing an MA! You can volunteer, intern, jobs bridge. Working on the farm is a valuable use of your time and you get to learn an awful lot about using your initiative, time management, responsibility etc. etc. All good to build up a workable CV. You do, however, have to want to work. This I feel is the main sticking point. Once you have solved this little problem all of your problems will fall into place I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Miname wrote: »
    I just spent the last half hour reading some of his previous posts. If all else fails he can work in the circus as a clown. Off shore bank accounts, 1 mill in the bank, hard graft repairing sheds, 9 years on the dole, multiple trips abroad, the never ending list of pure tripe.

Who ever knew the dole and mountain sheep could be so profitable ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

I don't see why your father would give you the land tbh, at least your sister is making a life for herself and will soon start her own family. Your father will much more likely leave the farm to her than a layabout son.

You need to wake up OP and change your ungrateful, selfish attitude. You're wasting your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

your father would hunt you down with a shotgun if you put the land he slaved over for 50 years into forestry !

have you no sense of pride ???

get yourself educated in farming help your dad and pull your finger out

your attitude stinks and you will break that mans heart

I owe my father nothing and my parents really messed up my life when I was a kid in that they never sorted out my educational problems. I left school at 14 with nothing and despite my own appeals to be sent to private boarding school this was refused and I was left at home. I was bullied out of school as a kid and my parents failed me in providing an education to their son.

I was assessed and found to have an IQ twice above average. I have ADD and thus can't concentrate on anything and found classroom type environments to be awful. I am reluctant to do a Green Cert course due to this and also don't see the point of it as I will never be a farming person. As others pointed out I have suffered from depression in the past (silently) and nearly been driven over the edge on more than one occasion due to these life pressures.

I think part of my parents reluctance to allow me progress was so as to try and keep me at home to run the farm, ever since those days I just tend to do the opposite of whatever they want me to do. This is just how I am and I don't have a great relationship with my father and that farm has caused so many problems in the family that my mother often says it was cursed the day she met my father because of that place.

I want to have my own life but I am not bowing out without getting what is rightfully mine as birthright with me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

using the online facility,I Have dropped a line to the fraud hotline at the social welfare. With a link to your posts. They Will have no difficulty getting your identity from Boards and you can explain how getting large sums of money from relatives and 9 years Dole can co exist. Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

I was assessed and found to have an IQ twice above average.

Ha, my fu#kin hole you do. You're some gimp. This is good craic as I'm a fan of fiction myself. I'd say you'd make some job of the farm of you took over now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

IQ half the national average, considering the stuff your putting out into the public forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I was assessed and found to have an IQ twice above average.

You have an IQ of 208 then! Seriously, not only are you lazy, with a poor work ethic and massive sense of entitlement, you are an awful spoofer. What standardized tests did you take to obtain such a score??? Sh1tty online tests are not accurate.

Also blaming your parents for your lack of education is pathetic. I am sure coming into to a big inheritance at 18 turned you away pretty quickly from thoughts of education unfortunately you now realise that gravy train will end and now you are looking to the next gravy train whilst still sponging from your hard working parents.

TWICE AN AVERAGE IQ!!!!!!!!! Only a moron would post that as that would put you in the top 10 most intelligent people in the world - quite a feat for a dole fiend who grew up on a farm but never learnt anything about farming:rolleyes:

BTW, I'm a mensa member myself. What's your membership name on there and i'll look you up, even though i would be border line intelligent by your incredibly high standard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OP, you sound like a complete waster tbh. If your father had any sense he'd throw you out on your ear and let you fend for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

OP, you sound like a complete waster tbh. If your father had any sense he'd throw you out on your ear and let you fend for yourself.

OP has an IQ over 200 - he'll be fine. Oh wait, he's living at home and a dole scrounger for 6 years with some brickie work and a few months part time in a hotel encompassing his entire CV -Hmmm.....something does not compute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What an absolute tool this guy is, I feel sorry for his aul boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Troll Troll Troll not worth the effort. Actually I hope you are a troll for your own sake. If not go to a counceller and sort your **** out because you have huge issues. You say you owe your father notting, he put you here and raised you. FFS lazy gimp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

OP when did you last make your Mother a cup of tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Assuming you are not a troll, woud you work on the farm if your father paid you a wage? If he is not willing to pay you a wage, would he let you buy a few head of sheep and run them alongside his own ones? That way you might have more of an interest in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

What a fcuking tool. Not for the content of all the retarded sh1t u post, just to get a reaction in an attempt to warm up your lonely existence but for the fact that you waste other people's time in the process.
    Guys we've feed this maggot enough.
    Let's leave it there and let wander off to Narnia or middle earth or whatever his little mind takes him next.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Not going to bother getting into this, but if everyone thinks he's a troll, why bother giving the satisfaction of replying?

Don't feed the troll guys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Damo810 wrote: »
    Not going to bother getting into this, but if everyone thinks he's a troll, why bother giving the satisfaction of replying?

Don't feed the troll guys..

[MOD]

And on this most sensible note, thread closed.

[/MOD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement