Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy a Rotary

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Curran wrote: »
    Your flex is probably a forced DA....massie difference between it and a run of the mill DA!

What model flex is it?

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Big difference between a das6 and a flex to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr Detail

Oh ya it is forced, I was lazy and just wrote fr for forced rotation.

I was just saying I rarely reach for the rotary flex over the vrg

That may well be just me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

The forced DA is as effective as a rotary, because it doesnt bog down!

Most detailers if they have both, will used the forced DA for 80-90% of the work.....I use a rotary for the majority of work, as its the machine Ive always used and have...wouldnt mind picking up a forced DA, but couldnt justifity it at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr Detail

Curran wrote: »
    The forced DA is as effective as a rotary, because it doesnt bog down!

Most detailers if they have both, will used the forced DA for 80-90% of the work.....I use a rotary for the majority of work, as its the machine Ive always used and have...wouldnt mind picking up a forced DA, but couldnt justifity it at the moment!

Makes sense.

I wonder what autobrites new da will be like, reasonable cost and they seem very excited by it.

Mr Detail wrote: »
    Makes sense.

I wonder what autobrites new da will be like, reasonable cost and they seem very excited by it.

I asked about one before I bought the ep801
    I was told that because the throw is 21mm it would not be suitable as an all in one machine.

Was tempted though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I've had an EP801 for nearly two years now and haven't used anything other than 3M waffle or cutting pads. Have I been wasting my time?

I've had an EP801 for nearly two years now and haven't used anything other than 3M waffle or cutting pads. Have I been wasting my time?

Have you been getting good results?
    If so then no. You have not been wasting your time. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

vectra wrote: »
    Have you been getting good results?
    If so then no. You have not been wasting your time. :cool:

Yes, I have. A part of me wonders whether they could be better though.

Yes, I have. A part of me wonders whether they could be better though.

And that my friend is the whole pitfall of detailing. " chasing perfection"

Advertisement