Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any Carlsberg deals (4.3% not the 3.8 stuff)??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

borus22222 wrote: »
    Jameson Crested Irish Whiskey 70Cl - 25e in TESCO Clearwater
    This offer is running until Sunday apparently. Picked up a bottle today with my €5/€25 voucher. Only a few bottles left in my local Tesco though so maybe nab it sooner rather than later if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

vicwatson wrote: »
    It’s gives vodka as 23€ which I thought had ended so no sure how up to date it is

Gone up to 25 now. Still good deal. Slab bulmers for €28
    Dunnes stores

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Slab of new 470ml Guinness, slab of Budweiser €19.67 in Aldi

I think Carlsburg too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tomslick wrote: »

I think Carlsburg too

Is that 24 x 500ml Budweiser for €19.67? Is it available now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Tesco
    24x500ml Heineken €28

Had a look this evening in local Tesco (Carlow) and they had a load of the cardboard box slabs out but priced at €39 something. Presume its coming shortly, think Thursday is usually when they start the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Had a look this evening in local Tesco (Carlow) and they had a load of the cardboard box slabs out but priced at €39 something. Presume its coming shortly, think Thursday is usually when they start the offers.

Yes price only updated today on the website, normally once it's on the website that's the price you will pay instore when it scans but I would say tomorrow for sure it is.

Clareman wrote: »
    Is that 24 x 500ml Budweiser for €19.67? Is it available now?

Yes. I got Guinness last night and the bud cans out today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yes. I got Guinness last night and the bud cans out today

That's a great deal for 24 cans, I'll be on the road early tomorrow :D

Clareman wrote: »
    That's a great deal for 24 cans, I'll be on the road early tomorrow :D
    Couldn't believe the price when I saw it. It was €28 in Supervalu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Quackster wrote: »
    This offer is running until Sunday apparently. Picked up a bottle today with my €5/€25 voucher. Only a few bottles left in my local Tesco though so maybe nab it sooner rather than later if interested.

Where do you get the vouchers? Cheers

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Del007 wrote: »
    Where do you get the vouchers? Cheers
    They came in the post last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

I think Carlsburg too

At these prices Ill have a whole shed full of beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I think Carlsburg too

Sorry to go off topic but are the 470ml Guinness going to be standard now or are they going to produce 500ml also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

jhammer wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic but are the 470ml Guinness going to be standard now or are they going to produce 500ml also?

Apparently they will be standard for all slabs but the 500ml cans will still be available in 4pk, 8pk and 12pks as well as individually. Thread over on Food & Drink has more background including Diageos supposed rationale for it.

Someone mentioned on the beers forum that its only for the Christmas packs
    As there's a shortage of widgets

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Someone mentioned on the beers forum that its only for the Christmas packs
    As there's a shortage of widgets

How does a shortage of widgets justify making the cans smaller? Presumably 20 larger cans would reduce the usage of widgets

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

adam240610 wrote: »
    How does a shortage of widgets justify making the cans smaller? Presumably 20 larger cans would reduce the usage of widgets

Different widget used apparently.

adam240610 wrote: »

Not to sure really but could be a benchmark for the introduction of a 470ml can

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco
    24x500ml Heineken €28

and coors light

valid from 21/10/2020 until 31/10/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Bud/Carlsberg/Molson 24x500ml for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Not to sure really but could be a benchmark for the introduction of a 470ml can

Diageo. Wiil have a spokesperson on the Joe Duffy show this afternoon to explain why the cans have been made smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Diageo. Wiil have a spokesperson on the Joe Duffy show this afternoon to explain why the cans have been made smaller.

Bet he doesn't say "increased profit for us" at any stage.

Tesco
    Bud/Carlsberg/Molson 24x500ml for €25

I did not spot these earlier, the site is not great for advertising offers. These do no appear in the drinks offer tab, while other alcohol does.

I search for "beer" and sort by price and the heineken shows up, but those 25euro trays do not show as its priced individually.

I found a new trick though, search for "500ml", and now refine the search to show special offers. There are ongoing offers 4 for a tenner for loads of beers, so not really news to anybody.

BUT you can select by area, now you can click on "lager" and very few of the 4 for 10 show up.
    Filter by area
    Craft (37)
    Ale (19)
    Mouthwash (17)
    Bodywash & Shower Gel (12)
    Lager (11)
    Cider (9)
    Bath Foams & Oils (9)

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=500ml&N=4294962028

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I’m sure the info was correct but was in Aldi in Nutgrove just now and told by manager Guinness slab deal not till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I’m sure the info was correct but was in Aldi in Nutgrove just now and told by manager Guinness slab deal not till tomorrow.

Deals in tesco go live and finish up a day earlier online, as they don't do same day delivery or click and collect, so the website prices typically lead in store by a day in order to be representative. So if this only appeared online today, then that might explain it?

No beer on offer in Aldi in Ennis today :( assume they are waiting for the "Super Thursday" tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Was in Tesco just now and they had 500 ml cans of Guinness in 6 or 8 packs at about €1.80 per can, and 24 trays of 470 ml for €28. They used to do the 24 tray for €28 (but for 500 ml cans).

The 470 ml can will make a pint glass look like short measure (which it is).

Different widget used apparently.
    A us pint is 473ml so could be use market widgets. Covid might have shut down production somewhere
    They used to do the 24 tray for €28 (but for 500 ml cans).

The 470 ml can will make a pint glass look like short measure (which it is).
    they go down to 20euro too. 470ml might fit a 500ml glass well. 500ml never fit a pint glass, you saw people doing all sorts of tricks and then usually taking a photo before it settled, when settled it had a huge head, there is no way around it. If you get a decent guinness in a 568ml glass in a pub there is not 500ml of guinness in it, just can't happen -unless you have extremely low standards...

You have to have a second can on the go, pour in about a half inch to a tulip glass and then a 500ml can on top.

EDIT: also hopefully these widgets actually work! loads of mine are duds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Frank_1969 wrote: »

Was a statement instead of a spokesman basically saying the widget won't be back in production until early 2021 due to Covid problems but should be no change to price.
    The drinkers who were on were saying it was terrible taste without the widget but Joe Duffy thought it was all hilarious.
    From 2.30pm on the podcast if anybody wants to hear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement