Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Here's the other

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sup08 wrote: »
    Was in Supervalu this evening and a guy was stacking 12 packs of Beers/Ciders (Henieken, Bulmers, Carlsberg, Budweiser, etc) and told me that they were all going to be €10 tomorrow. This was Supervalu Balbriggan, so not sure if it's all stores.

Yes confirmed by ad in todays Indo. It says in the ad that they are valid until Wednesday, happy days.

M

Tesco
    Smirnoff/Captain Morgan/Gordons 1 litre €23
    Heineken/Coors 20x330ml €18
    Bulmers 20x300ml €18

There's a €10 off €50 spend voucher for Dunnes in todays Sunday World, Tesco also accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Question re Dunnes, I presume that if you pick up two €25 bottles and use the Sunday World's voucher, you don't get a spend and save €10 off €50 voucher unless you buy something else which brings the total back up to €50 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Question re Dunnes, I presume that if you pick up two €25 bottles and use the Sunday World's voucher, you don't get a spend and save €10 off €50 voucher unless you buy something else which brings the total back up to €50 again?

Yes, You Do! They want to keep U coming back. Once U spend 50, U get a voucher whether U settled with 50 euro or 40 plus a 10 voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I have the Sunday world plus magazine from yesterday but I cannot find the voucher any idea what page it was on please !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Valyawl wrote: »
    I have the Sunday world plus magazine from yesterday but I cannot find the voucher any idea what page it was on please !

Apparently they had a problem with them. They were an invert in the magazine. I read today that ppl emailed the SW and they are sending vouchers out to them. Worth a try,just tell them where you bought the paper as I'm sure they know which batches were ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Apparently they had a problem with them. They were an invert in the magazine. I read today that ppl emailed the SW and they are sending vouchers out to them. Worth a try,just tell them where you bought the paper as I'm sure they know which batches were ropey.

I got an almost immediate reply on Twitter yesterday offering to post me out one, so I'll let ye know when it arrives - hopefully it comes while Tesco still have that €23 bottle of Gordons on offer :cool:

How strict are Dunnes with the expiry of the Spend & Save vouchers? I was assuming that they really stuck to the 7 days thing but I've had anecdotal reports that they're a little more flexible sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How strict are Dunnes with the expiry of the Spend & Save vouchers? I was assuming that they really stuck to the 7 days thing but I've had anecdotal reports that they're a little more flexible sometimes?
    when did you hear reports?

I am pretty sure they extended them during the snow, which was officially announced. That is the only time I recall them doing it. I expect it is all computerised.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rubadub wrote: »
    when did you hear reports?

I am pretty sure they extended them during the snow, which was officially announced. That is the only time I recall them doing it. I expect it is all computerised.

Each voucher has an individual barcode- which is verified with the central database to check validity and other checks. They can extend the validity centrally- there is no local discretion in the matter however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They can extend the validity centrally- there is no local discretion in the matter however.
    That is what I thought. The other "anecdote" the poster may have heard of is tesco employees incorrectly accepting expired tokens for dunnes.

I have said before I heard the tesco cashiers get in trouble for this, so even though I have zero qualms about taking advantage of tesco (who have overcharged me many MANY times, far more than undercharged me) I would not want to get cashiers in trouble.

Tesco cleverly changed their policy a while back. Instead of employing staff & systems to actually price things properly, and instead of offering a decent refund to people who spot it, they now offer a paltry compensation to buyers who inform them of their mistakes, which could be deemed illegal. It is not worth my time to queue up, so any chance I get, I take it, to claw something back from the scheming scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

€10 off voucher for Dunnes is in tonight's Evening Herald. It's an insert same as the one in the Sunday Independent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I emailed the Sunday world to say I did not get the voucher on Sunday and they sent 2 out in the post! To be used by Sunday 6th May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Valyawl wrote: »
    I emailed the Sunday world to say I did not get the voucher on Sunday and they sent 2 out in the post! To be used by Sunday 6th May

I got 3 from them today!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Got 2 today and i didnt even buy the paper ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

keavebm wrote: »
    Got 2 today and i didnt even buy the paper

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

vicwatson wrote: »
    How?

I would say a lot of people sent an email to the Sunday World saying they bought the paper when they didn't buy it at all and they are posting out vouchers to those people. I bought 2 Sunday Worlds with no voucher in them and I have emailed them but no sign of my vouchers in the post yet and time is running out as the date on them is the 6th

M

Sup08 wrote: »
    Was in Supervalu this evening and a guy was stacking 12 packs of Beers/Ciders (Henieken, Bulmers, Carlsberg, Budweiser, etc) and told me that they were all going to be €10 tomorrow. This was Supervalu Balbriggan, so not sure if it's all stores.

This offer extended until Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

This offer extended until Sunday.

This must be the best value that Bulmers has ever been, 83 cents a can.

Or just over 1.05 for a pint, there's a long summer there!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

vicwatson wrote:
    How?

Just emailed them got 2 in the post yesterday

• Advertisement

Just emailed them got 2 in the post yesterday

But you didn’t buy any newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

vicwatson wrote: »
    But you didn’t buy any newspaper

In other words he lied to the newspaper to steal some miserable €10 vouchers from them. Some people have no shame.

jasper100 wrote:
    In other words he lied to the newspaper to steal some miserable €10 vouchers from them. Some people have no shame.

None what so ever.

None what so ever.

Pity that, in general people like you that do this are frowned upon in Bargain Alerts, it's against the spirit of it.

But look, well done you, hope you feel good about it, that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Jeeze get of your soapboxes. More bargains!

Is the Heneiken 10 for 12 also extended can anyone confirm?

Jeeze get of your soapboxes. More bargains!

Is the Heneiken 10 for 12 also extended can anyone confirm?

Hey soapboxer, see post 3949 by AD

This must be the best value that Bulmers has ever been, 83 cents a can.

Or just over 1.05 for a pint, there's a long summer there!

€0.66 with a Dunnes voucher,altough you have to buy 5 cases....how bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

€0.66 with a Dunnes voucher,altough you have to buy 5 cases....how bad ;)

Sadly I don't think Supervalu take Dunnes vouchers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago to see a notice in Supervalu, The Pavillions, Swords saying they accepted Dunnes vouchers.

There is a Dunnes in the same centre. Also the Supervalu is Musgrave owned (not a franchise).

• Advertisement

They did,and still do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement