Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This War of mine.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Spot on Shooters. Cannot compare it to anything, unless you are very attached to a Sims character...

When you get militia showing up at your door, asking you to confirm their suspicions about neighbours, you really weigh it up - do you take the bribe and the unhappiness that goes with it?

I have survived twice and bombed out twice. The impact of the cold weather is a huge part of it - need to keep fuel going, cannot collect water (so need filters and fuel to melt snow), leads to sickness, and makes parts of the city unpassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Really enjoying the game. The new update where you can pick different starting scenarios adds a lot of variety and difficulty. I really hope they keep updating, especially to do something with inventory space.

Given it's success, I would expect add-ons of similar. Maybe you can skip town, trade for a train ticket and go to another town with similar challenges? Maybe you end up homeless, trying to convince some house to take you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is coming to PS4 in January 2016, will include kids and a new shelter. Can't bloody wait!!

Finally got to play this after it went on sale on psn, 30 euro down to 10. Great atmosphere, graphics and music. Just played a small bit, on day 3. Sickened that someone robbed my gaf.

Looking forward to seeing what lies in store.

Christ this game is unreal....

Like mentioned previously, I would never choose to steal from or kill other people who weren't the aggressor but I found my self so desperate to attack a man looking after his sick father. The guy fought me off and killed me (good for him!) I was down to 1 guy who became broken and couldn't move. Next day a stranger called Anton knocked on my door, hugged my guy Marko, sat him down and had a chat and got him moving again. Marko died that night but the scene with Anton was his 'last cigarette' moment. Anton made made runs every night, boarded up what he could but the bandits just kept taking everything. Remembering the bait in the rat traps, Anton had a feed that night and went to bed. Day 20 started to find he couldn't take it any more...

I thought this game would be a 'pick up and play for 20 minutes' but after a 3 hour session, I just want to go straight into a new story and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Christ this game is unreal....

Like mentioned previously, I would never choose to steal from or kill other people who weren't the aggressor but I found my self so desperate to attack a man looking after his sick father. The guy fought me off and killed me (good for him!) I was down to 1 guy who became broken and couldn't move. Next day a stranger called Anton knocked on my door, hugged my guy Marko, sat him down and had a chat and got him moving again. Marko died that night but the scene with Anton was his 'last cigarette' moment. Anton made made runs every night, boarded up what he could but the bandits just kept taking everything. Remembering the bait in the rat traps, Anton had a feed that night and went to bed. Day 20 started to find he couldn't take it any more...

I thought this game would be a 'pick up and play for 20 minutes' but after a 3 hour session, I just want to go straight into a new story and try again.

Have you got the dlc that adds children?

Have you got the dlc that adds children?

Yeah the PS version has it bundled. Starting a new story now with a kid, see how it differs.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Just found this game yesterday on a thread here. Interested in picking it up, its on sale now for 12.99 at the moment on the PS Store. I know what the gameplay is like but how many hours can you put in and do the scenarios change much throughout the game or is it basically scavenge here collect this type gameplay. Is there much variety in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Just found this game yesterday on a thread here. Interested in picking it up, its on sale now for 12.99 at the moment on the PS Store. I know what the gameplay is like but how many hours can you put in and do the scenarios change much throughout the game or is it basically scavenge here collect this type gameplay. Is there much variety in the game.

There are small variations depending on what characters you start with. Some are more efficient at the homes stuff, some are better scavengers, some are better fighters. They also have psychological differences. Some won't mind if you kill and steal whereas others will suffer depression if you do.

The locations to scavenge are finite but have different scenarios in each. And you don't get all locations and scenarios in one game. So you might get the hotel with the trade people one time, no hotel the next, and the hotel with the killers the third.

There is also Steam workshop support and a built in scenario editor for you to make it as hard or as easy as you want and also introduce new characters and locations that aren't in the programmed scenarios.

I have 140 hours played and still play it from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

393928.jpg

No shame. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

8pm Friday: "Right so, let's throw this on for an hour and see what the fuss is about"

3am Saturday: "I need to go to bed now"

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Never picked it up when it was on sale. Bought Telltales Batman season pass before I heard of this game here. Its 30 quid now on the store...rightly sickened :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah the PS version has it bundled. Starting a new story now with a kid, see how it differs.

Which one?
    Did you try Christo and his Daughter?

Did you finish you 1st play though?

I got to Day 10, started to get to grips with it and then restarted (again) with Pavle, Marko and Chef-Guy (had a kid join us 1/2 way through) and finished with all but Marco who was gunned down in a burning church.

I totally underestimated Pavles usefulness for sneaking in and stealing stuff from occupied areas

I underestimated all survivors. Thought they were all the same, didn't know they had different personalities. I can't remember what child i had but it was dad and daughter. Was going really good, got to day 2 with loads of supplies. Woman called to the gaf, sad went out scavenging and boom, jumped by 2 guys and killed. Only lasted 2 more days, was a disaster. My next game put in a big apartment block hideout and i hadn't a clue of the layout. I tried being an asshole from the get go, low point was attacking the church full of people. Slaughtered them all and for what? I gained some supplies but lost a lot of humanity that day.

Everyone died fairly quick for that run through. Haven't made it to the end of the war yet, will have to give it another go soon.

Advertisement