Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurants in Carlow town

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Just gonna revive this thread ...... Have to say there are loads of good places to eat in Carlow now. Here are a few, what have I missed?

Cantina - Dublin Street
    Lennons - Old Dublin Road
    The Avenue - Kennedy Court
    Smoque - Hay Market
    Mimosa - College Street
    Bella Vita - Tullow Street
    Brasserie 15 - Tullow Street ... Not been there yet but sounds good

And the newest addition ....

Pimento - Kennedy Avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Teach Dolmain - Tullow St.

Smoque is gone as a restaurant
    https://www.facebook.com/smoquecarlow/posts/1028768990487178

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Pretty sure Cantina is gone now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Owryan wrote: »
    Pretty sure Cantina is gone now too.

Seems so. Announced yesterday.
    https://www.facebook.com/CantinaCarlow/posts/429600077231013

Smoque and Cantina gone ?!?! Gutted, both were great. That is a real pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Pimento is unreal. Was in with the missus last weekend and the food was amazing. Highly recommended!

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Pimento is unreal. Was in with the missus last weekend and the food was amazing. Highly recommended!

Heard it described as 'better than Mimosa' which is high praise from that person.

Going to make a point of getting into a few of them over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Heard it described as 'better than Mimosa' which is high praise from that person.

Going to make a point of getting into a few of them over Xmas.

Have to say I was in Pimento the opening weekend (already a huge fan of Mimosa) and was VERY impressed.

Couple of small teething problems on the Friday night (smell of fresh varnish and some of the waiting staff a little inexperienced) but certainly nothing that would put me off.

We returned on the Sunday and it was FAB. Much more relaxed and polished.
    The decor is excellent, certainly wouldn't recognise it as Italian Connection but the food is OUTSTANDING.
    As i said, i'm a big fan of mimosa, going about twice a month, but it has serious competition here.

I'd deffo recommend it, just hope the two places can survive (dont see why not), The more good restaurants the town has the better.

I follow both on facebook & i see Pimento has 10% off between 5-7pm.

No connection with either restaurant by the way, just a big fan of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Where's good for lunch guys? I find myself out near the Wexford road area and there's nothing unless you go into the town (again mot overwhelming) or all
    The way to the Talbot or Seven Oaks?

Have you tried Angels on Horseback? Some really good food in there. Its on Barrack street so its central enough but easy enough to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have you tried Angels on Horseback? Some really good food in there. Its on Barrack street so its central enough but easy enough to get to.

I have indeed. Gone back a few times, lovely food and staff there too. Just find their menu a but limited sometimes, I do like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

Beanice on dublin street does a lovely lunch-it's small but cosy and tea is served in lovely china cups :D

I'm looking forward to trying pimento!

starfish90 wrote: »
    Beanice on dublin street does a lovely lunch-it's small but cosy and tea is served in lovely china cups :D

I'm looking forward to trying pimento!

BeaNice - Artisan Food & Drink Emporium .... Cool, must check that out so. Have to say looking n their facebook page, the food looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Pimento is awesome
    BeaNice do a savage lunch
    Bake Cafe have very nice lunches also
    I make a mean muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Dinn RI carvery for lunch. Usually Good, huge portions.
    Seven Oaks carvery for lunch. Usually Good, huge portions.
    Lemon Grass, do lunch on weekends iirc. Good grub.
    Mimosa, not a fan of tapas but I've heard enough of the lads in the office rave about it to know its good.
    Pimento, again not a fan of tapas but it's good.
    Brasserie 15, been several times and it's always been good. Full bar from next door is handy for those who like a good mix of beers.
    Italian place on tullow street, don't know the name but it's near Tullys. Has been all sorts over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I absolutely love the Road House.

Their Club Sandwich... Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

First time in Pimento last night. It was fantastic.

Advertisement