Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Hard to Get or What TF?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

If she's anything like me, then she just forgot that you'd sent her a text at all. If I get a text off somebody when I'm in the middle of work or an actual face-to-face conversation, then I'll glance at my messages and get back to it... then hours later I'll realise I never replied. I do this all the time with my girlfriend and she also wouldn't reply straight away.. I don't start thinking "oh that crafty minx is playing games with me!".

If this whole texting thing isn't working out with the women you're dating, then the next time you're seeing somebody tell them you don't have conversations by text, and use it for arranging dates only. I'd say it's less a case of playing hard to get and more a lack of interest or pure forgetfulness on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"You hang up!"
    "No, you hang up!"
    "No, you hang up!"
    "No, you hang up!"
    "No, you hang up!"

arrrgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Possibly they have lives which don't revolve around texting someone they have only just met. It's kind of "weird and needy" to be counting the hours and minutes it takes someone to reply to a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OP, you are in your mid 30's, it's time to stop wasting your time with women that you aren't really interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I love when a man plays hard to get, really keeps me on my toes and interested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

so the question is do women think 'playing hard to get' makes them more attractive and do they not realise how unattractive it makes them look.....

I'll go consult with the hive mind

nanoooo nanooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

blacklilly wrote: »

Shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I personally am not a big texter backer to be honest. Like another poster said, if I'm busy I'll glance at my phone and then tell myself I'll reply later.....and then I forget. :o My bf is the same.....

I also like my own space, I wouldn't like someone plaguing me with texts all day. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

it mightn't be that they are playing hard to get.
    is there any chance that you are coming across as needy? only saying.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Shut up

How rude!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Dude. Seriously. You're in your 30s. You've maybe got 50+ years left. Dial the number & talk.

Be forthright & say what you mean , if you're attracted to her, tell her & ask her out. Worst she can do is say no, if she does, cut her loose & move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I don't like texting my actual friends never mind someone I've just met. I'd prefer a phone call and a fairly short one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Men don't play hard to get. They genuinely didn't like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I am pie wrote: »
    Possibly they have lives which don't revolve around texting someone they have only just met. It's kind of "weird and needy" to be counting the hours and minutes it takes someone to reply to a text.

Is it really, right I'll try that, so in future when someone text's me they can wait hours or days, I wont grab my phone and text straight back or at least as soon as I can! and I don't be counting the hours and minutes, but I do start to notice after maybe half an hour or an hour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hey Op I have had a woman act that way to me too . She played hard to get and the likes . I just started bothering with her less and in the end she was the one who kept bombarding me .
    She got with a bloke and kept sending snapchats to me any time they where out . So I sent her one back of me and the current gf she is now the one acting clingy and needy . I get at least one text a week from her asking me If me and the gf are still with each other because she has finished with her fella .
    So in short the people who play game never get anything in return . I wouldn't date her now or ever . If you think she is making a fool out of you ring her and ask her but say it's a one time offer . Don't bother with games they are stupid and childish .

zetalambda wrote: »
    Men don't play hard to get. They genuinely didn't like you!

Ouch, I don't think that comment is fair. All men differ, some are more proactive than others when it comes to pursuing a romantic interest.

To say 'men don't play hard to get' is an unfair statement, I would bet there's a few out there who do play hard to get.

maguic24 wrote: »
    Ouch, I don't think that comment is fair. All men differ, some are more proactive than others when it comes to pursuing a romantic interest.

To say 'men don't play hard to get' is an unfair statement, I would bet there's a few out there who do play hard to get.

Ouch is right! I don't let men play hard to get, I can tell when someone's not interested or when someone is being a dick but men can and do play games.

maguic24 wrote: »

Thanks for your opinion but you'd lose your money if you placed that bet. Believe me, straight men don't play hard to get with women. Most men will jump at the chance of a shag as long as the woman isn't a complete gremlin.

Thanks for your opinion but you'd lose your money if you placed that bet. Believe me, straight men don't play hard to get with women. Most men will jump at the chance of a shag as long as the woman isn't a complete gremlin.

You do know we're not talking about just getting a shag??

You do know we're not talking about just getting a shag??

That's all that matters to men. The rest of the stuff is just a chore we do to ensure we regularly get our dicks wet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I wouldn't bother with the texting once your seeing d girl a while just call her. I hate texting. Call get all out of way .bye love u . And yr done for the day . Pointless texts that women read d wrong way only lead to trouble.

That's all that matters to men. The rest of the stuff is just a chore we do to ensure we regularly get our dicks wet. :D

I take it your dick is dry a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I wouldn't bother with the texting once your seeing d girl a while just call her twice a day. I hate texting. Call lunch and in the evening get all out of way .bye love u . And yr done for the day . Pointless texts that women read d wrong way only lead to trouble.plus if u really like her u should really want to talk instead of crappy texting.

I'm sorry, but you can't speak for 'most men', you can only speak for yourself. The same way I can't speak for most women. All men and women differ.

If men only cared about getting their dick wet, then why are there so many in relationships/married? Yeah you get regular sex but do they just stick with us insufferable gremlins to have sex? I'm not so sure.......

I think there's a few sneaky men out there who love their partners/spouses not just for the sex but because they're deadly. The sex is just an added bonus.

I take it your dick is dry a lot

I bet men find you as attractive as Susan Boyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Believe me, straight men don't play hard to get with women

I do. I just said I did earlier. And it works.

I do. I just said I did earlier. And it works.

Maybe so but it's not normal. It's effeminate. You must have had an odd upbringing if you behave like a little girl in your adult life.

Ah lads, there's no need to be getting nasty about it.

I bet men find you as attractive as Susan Boyle.

Ohhh deflecting my statement by trying to insult me, the operative word being "trying".

Anyway back on topic zatalambda (aka dry dick), some men, like some women play games. Most people don't like games, especially when they're on the receiving end of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Maybe so but it's not normal. It's effeminate. You must have had an odd upbringing if you behave like a little girl in your adult life.

I was raised by wolves. Female wolves. So yes, it was odd.

Advertisement