Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who has a degree or trade or different occupation aswell as farming

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Damo810 wrote: »
    So you could be on a pension by as young as 39!?! Christ, sounds a nice way to end up living and working on the farm fulltime.

I'll be gone at 38 and can't wait. The pension ain't great tho. Reggie might disagree with me but the jobs gone to ****. So I'll serve out my 21 and trade my 3 hour daily commute for a 30 second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I'll be gone at 38 and can't wait. The pension ain't great tho. Reggie might disagree with me but the jobs gone to ****. So I'll serve out my 21 and trade my 3 hour daily commute for a 30 second one.

Exact same here. Just to leave and get the 3-4 hours back instead of travelling. Job def ain't what it once was. The name of the game now is to find a nice handy number till it's time for my ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Reggie. wrote: »
    Exact same here. Just to leave and get the 3-4 hours back instead of travelling. Job def ain't what it once was. The name of the game now is to find a nice handy number till it's time for my ticket

How does the crimean pinnisula sound for ya.

How does the crimean pinnisula sound for ya.

Believe me wouldn't bother me, seen a lot on my travels. Africa is a screwed up place folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Believe me wouldn't bother me, seen a lot on my travels. Africa is a screwed up place folks

And that's putting it mildly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭visatorro

Friend of mine worked in a mine in burkino faso ( spelling might be wrong)for three months, said he couldn't sleep at night with fear of camp being overrun with rebels! Lovely. Money was class but he said he prefered living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Don't say that, sister took off to Tanzania for 6 months yesterday!

Don't say that, sister took off to Tanzania for 6 months yesterday!

Well we do be in the not so safe areas

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭einn32

Have a Masters in Environmental Assessment. Worked in Env mang for a few years. Always on the farm when I could get to it but having a job was more important. Last year I got fed up of being in an office. Typing out report after report! Jacked it all in to go milking full time. Office work didn't suit me. Glad I saw the other side and maybe ill be forced back to work but happy for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Had to laugh at all the people that said they hate the office environment. I suppose when you grow used to being outdoors, its hard sit and stare at a computer screen for 8 hours. It's the wafflers, dossers and back stappers that do my head in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement