Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2014: What issues will you be raising with candidates on the door?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

11th Count. Disaster Martin goes ahead of Murray, we need MacManus votes to go to Murray.
    Loftus, Eithne (FG) 1451
    Leddy, Ted (FG) 1376
    Kavanagh, Sandra (AAA) 1242
    Martin, Mary (Ind) 1140
    Murray, Mags (FF) 1055
    Walsh, John (Lab) 996
    Mac Manus, Edward (FF) 870

9th Count Mulhuddart. Cooper eliminated.
    Hughes, Annette (AAA) 1216
    Dennison, Kieran (FG) 1062
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 749
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 655
    O'Callaghan, Philip (FG) 610
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 578
    Rynne, Bernadette (AAA) 479
    Bayliss, Louise (PBPA) 439
    Cooper, Frederick (Ind) 408

12th Count Castleknock. Walsh is eliminated, Murray goes back ahead of Martin. Down to Kavanagh and Martin for the last seat. Last count coming up.
    Loftus, Eithne (FG) 1498
    Murray, Mags (FF) 1473
    Leddy, Ted (FG) 1439
    Kavanagh, Sandra (AAA) 1265
    Martin, Mary (Ind) 1215
    Walsh, John (Lab) 997

10th Count Mulhuddart. Rynne eliminated. Nolan will depend on the votes of Rynne and Bayliss to get her elected, it looks likely.
    Hughes, Annette (AAA) 1258
    Dennison, Kieran (FG) 1080
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 768
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 677
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 667
    O'Callaghan, Philip (FG) 619
    Bayliss, Louise (PBPA) 502
    Rynne, Bernadette (AAA) 490

11th Count Mulhuddart. Hughes has finally been elected.
    Hughes, Annette (AAA) 1490
    Dennison, Kieran (FG) 1083
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 777
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 733
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 678
    O'Callaghan, Philip (FG) 625
    Bayliss, Louise (PBPA) 567

• Advertisement

13th Count Castleknock. That should be that. I presume there will be a recount due to the closeness between Kavanagh and Martin.
    Loftus, Eithne (FG) 1713
    Leddy, Ted (FG) 1613
    Murray, Mags (FF) 1593
    Kavanagh, Sandra (AAA) 1344
    Martin, Mary (Ind) 1336

12th Count Mulhuddart. Hughes votes transferred. O'Callaghan eliminated.
    Dennison, Kieran (FG) 1088
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 782
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 762
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 683
    Bayliss, Louise (PBPA) 638
    O'Callaghan, Philip (FG) 629

14th and final Count in Castleknock. O'Gorman's votes distributed.
    Loftus, Eithne (FG) 1719
    Leddy, Ted (FG) 1624
    Murray, Mags (FF) 1595
    Kavanagh, Sandra (AAA) 1344
    Martin, Mary (Ind) 1338

So the Castleknock Councillors are*:

Jack Chambers (FF)
    Sandra Kavanagh (AAA)
    Ted Leddy (FG)
    Eithne Loftus (FG)
    Mags Murray (FF)
    Roderic O'Gorman (Greens)
    Natalie Treacy (SF)

*Subject to any recounts

13th Count. Dennison elected. Nolan would still have to be favourite for the last spot even though her lead is two votes.
    Dennison, Kieran (FG) 1358
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 839
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 779
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 777
    Bayliss, Louise (PBPA) 657

14th Count. Nolan and McCamley elected.
    Nolan, Lorna (Ind) 1038
    Mc Camley, Mary (Lab) 932
    O'Donovan, Michael (Lab) 802

That is me done for the night. Castleknock will be recounted tomorrow, not sure about Mulhuddart yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for all the updates Kiwi_knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Michael O'Donavan lost his seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So with AAA councillors in the various councils are we are going to get an agreed budget ever again, these guys said they won't agree on a budget that involves property tax. They have no say on property tax other than how a council spends money garnered from it, which means this is the only area in which they'll have any input. Fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So with AAA councillors in the various councils are we are going to get an agreed budget ever again, these guys said they won't agree on a budget that involves property tax. They have no say on property tax other than how a council spends money garnered from it, which means this is the only area in which they'll have any input. Fools.

They can fire all the workers and shut down the services paid with the money from the property tax and send the money back to central Government. In doing so, at least they would stick with their principles.

More likely, they will adopt a budget at the last minute and do a u-turn on their election promises.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Happy to see Roderic O'Gorman elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So how long do they have to take down the posters? A week? Driving around this morning I noticed that David McGuinness has taken his posters down. Given the gaps I'm sure others have too but I couldn't figure out who.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

^^ Yep, 7 days from polling day. Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

if they are still up in your area after 7 days, please make sure to contact the local council to complain and ensure the offending parties are properly fined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

How so we make sure they take the ties as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

unless you catch them littering, there is little to be done afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Realistically the councils won't act until next Tuesday as the posters should be down by 10pm on Friday and it's a bank holiday weekend.

Interesting to see the figures and transfers in Castleknock. Mary Martin only lost to Kavanagh by six votes, we were that close to not having an AAA councillor in the area. Fascinating graphics on clairebyrne.ie/count

While most of the posters are still up in Mulhuddart, a few have come down. Unfortunately I can't tell which ones are gone for definite as if i could i'd be able to tell who has left all their ties on the ground. The place is littered with them already and most of the posters haven't even begun to come down yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I wonder will Paul Murphy be as quick to take them down as he was to put them up (sure the electorate don't mind really).

(I know he was running for MEP not Local, but wasn't this thread originally about both).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He'll blame People before Profit, as that's who he blames for his loss of his seat.

Cable ties everywhere yesterday morning. With the notable absence of one or two candidates posters. Saw them cutting the posters off the fence Sunday night so obviously just left them there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Cable ties everywhere yesterday morning. With the notable absence of one or two candidates posters. Saw them cutting the posters off the fence Sunday night so obviously just left them there.

David McGuinness' posters down, with cable ties all over Ongar Road.

MammaZita wrote: »

Didn't chuck post a while back that McGuinness was using some sort of magic posters that had the ties built into them that wouldn't end up on the ground when the posters were taken down?

I was driving along the roads this morning that I saw all the ties on the ground yesterday and his posters do seem to be gone alright.

Hopefully someone working for the other candidates will do the decent thing and sweep up his when they're picking up their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Ruth Coppinger posters all over the ground in Ongar/Clonee along with cable ties. I assume these will be collected this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

We didn't take the posters down, but someone did. I live up that way so i'll head up the Ongar road this evening and sweep up any cable ties in to the trailer.

What I said was, when we cable them in a certain way, we cut them at a place where they don't fall out of the posters, however those posters were gonee by yesterday morn - we didn't take them down ourselves so i'll take a scoot by the roads where they were taken down and pick up any and all plastic strips.

• Advertisement

MammaZita wrote: »

Didn't want to say who but yeah they're the ones I saw being taken down on Sunday night.

Advertisement