Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get well soon Beasty

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I feel your pain. Luckily I have nothing broken. Good luck tomorrow

image.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Solobally8 wrote: »

image.jpg
    Still nasty - look after yourself - had a few stitches removed from the side of my face the Friday after the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

image.jpg

Plenty of ice, and be prepared for everyone to offer their own personal remedies for helping the healing process. :) Hope you're taking it easy, and heal quickly!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

buffalo wrote: »
    Plenty of ice, and be prepared for everyone to offer their own personal remedies for helping the healing process. :) Hope you're taking it easy, and heal quickly!

Vitamin C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

godtabh wrote: »
    Vitamin C

Flushed down with a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

image.jpg

Jesus that looks horrendously painful :( I wish you serious healing vibes (((((((((((((vibes))))))))))) and Get well soon :) (gentle virtual hug;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

image.jpg

Hope it's not too painful. Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Get well soon. Not sure I like stickybottles coverage, did you give permission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Sounds like a nasty, nasty crash :mad:

Popular man, get a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Get well soon. Not sure I like stickybottles coverage, did you give permission?

Ya they messaged me last night and asked could they use my photo. I said ok as it was already on Facebook. Even though it was my first womens only race and I'm not experienced that made no difference yesterday, I had nowhere to go as everyone in front of me went down in a split second.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Beasty.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for hijacking your thread Beasty.
    Don't worry about anything like that. It's not "my" thread (even if my username is in the title), and I have no problem with posters sharing good wishes for anyone that's been caught up on something like this

Hopefully once you get the stitches out you will start to feel a bit more "normal", although it's amazing what they can do to help out/correct stuff nowadays (ended up with a skin graft around the corner of my eye a few years ago, but I'm the only one thate even notices it nowadays!)

One thing I would say is don't let something like this put you off. It's very much the exception rather than the rule that a domestic racer ends up with nasty injuries. I've been arguably lucky in not remembering anything about my 2 major crashes (the first one was on a commute), so no bad memories to worry about, and I was on the bike as soon as I could be last time and will be the same this time (although racing may have to wait until I know everything's properly recovered)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I had thought I had posted earlier in the thread but just realised that I hadn't....
    Get well soon Beasty and all the best with the recovery.

Alas the "after" doesn't look too much better then the "before" at present.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »

Nothing a bit of make-up won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Damn that looks nasty.. hope you feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Looks bloody awful, but main thing is no long-term lasting damage. Could have been a lot worse I suppose,,not that's much good to you at the minute.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Damn that looks nasty.
    The good news is it's been feeling a lot worse than it looks

I actually feel a helluva lot better for having had it done though. Pain's not as bad (not that I've been allowed to attempt to eat anything yet), and a few days at home did me the world of good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jesus, Beasty - that looks nasty. I hope it all heals quickly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wishing you a speedy recovery Beasty.

Most disappointed to discover they have put the cheekbone back together with numerous titanium plates - would have much preferred carbon fibre, but I guess it's still a bit lighter than certain other materials

Just back from numerous x-rays - so now they've discovered a break in the left elbow. Trying to negotiate a release from the cast on the right arm before letting them put one on the left (wouldn't care but typing feels like it's improving with both:confused:)

The sooner I get out of here the less chance they have of finding anything else I guess, so time to petition for another release methinks ....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Most disappointed to discover they have put the cheekbone back together with numerous titanium plates - would have much preferred carbon fibre, but I guess it's still a bit lighter than certain other materials

Just back from numerous x-rays - so now they've discovered a break in the left elbow. Trying to negotiate a release from the cast on the right arm before letting them put one on the left (wouldn't care but typing feels like it's improving with both:confused:)

The sooner I get out of here the less chance they have of finding anything else I guess, so time to petition for another release methinks ....:pac:

Wow Beasty, from the outside it sounds like you have come back from a tour of Vietnam... :pac:.

You must be gutted about the elbow? Apart from that, glad you are making progress.

Good news about the elbow is they've not been able to put a plaster cast on. There is unfortunately a removable brace keeping my elbow at 90 degrees. Got to keep it on for 23 hours a day, meaning I can only be on the Wattbike for up to an hour, or will have to spend more time in the TT position ...;)

logik wrote: »
    Wow Beasty, from the outside it sounds like you have come back from a tour of Vietnam... :pac:.
    Probably already mentioned this, but one of the trauma doctors who treated me at the scene in Newry had just returned from action in Helmand Province Afghanistan....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Wishing you continued healing and glad the worst is over, Beasty - you've certainly been through the wars!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Raam wrote: »
    Nothing a bit of make-up won't help.

It was one of the first no make up selfies!

Advertisement