Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AQUA BLUE Classic 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Pulled out after 2 laps. Got caught on one of the descents in lap 2 and lost ground to main bunch. Did too much work to catch bunch again and when i did i had burned my legs out. Finished after that. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

Dylan foley, lacey, keith gator, me. It was handycapped again this year. Tough day at the office.

A course is as tough as the riders make it.

It's a great course. Do it, you won't regret it.

I did regret it today. Retiring after lap 2 wasn't part of the script. My aim was to stay in it until the end. Didnt happen. What I can take from the race is that I need to do and try something different with training. Need to go harder I guess. Did many A4s finish with the winner? I didnt see too many at the finish line?

Amprodude wrote: »
    I did regret it today. Retiring after lap 2 wasn't part of the script. My aim was to stay in it until the end. Didnt happen. What I can take from the race is that I need to do and try something different with training. Need to go harder I guess. Did many A4s finish with the winner? I didnt see too many at the finish line?

No too many, im gussing about 25

no1murray wrote: »

How many A4s were racing today?

• Advertisement

How many A4s were racing today?

l dont know, was a sizeable enough bunch all the same.

no1murray wrote: »

When i was at finish line i saw about 8-10 riders come in after the winner and these were seperated. The rest that came through were miles off but id say these were just aiming to finish it after being dropped. Fair play to them for trying and completing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Full results anywhere?

http://www.irishcyclingphotos.com/?p=27121

1 Dylan Foley : Aquablue
    2 Sean Lacy : Aquablue
    3 Keith Gator : Aquablue
    4 Stephan Murray : Dungraven CC
    A4
    1 Chris Mintern/Aqua Blue;
    2 Daniel Merriman/Waterford TV;
    3 Darragh McCarthy/ Carrotdhoun CC;
    4 Kenneth Kennedy/MENAGH cc;
    5 Francis Tobin/Aqua Blue;
    6 Adian Quinn/Cork Triathlon;
    7 Leonard O’Keeffe/Mirroring;
    8 Steven vauls/ Waterford TV.
    FIRST LADY-Sandra Chawke/Aqua Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    http://www.irishcyclingphotos.com/?p=27121

1 Dylan Foley : Aquablue
    2 Sean Lacy : Aquablue
    3 Keith Gator : Aquablue
    4 Stephan Murray : Dungraven CC
    A4
    1 Chris Mintern/Aqua Blue;
    2 Daniel Merriman/Waterford TV;
    3 Darragh McCarthy/ Carrotdhoun CC;
    4 Kenneth Kennedy/MENAGH cc;
    5 Francis Tobin/Aqua Blue;
    6 Adian Quinn/Cork Triathlon;
    7 Leonard O’Keeffe/Mirroring;
    8 Steven vauls/ Waterford TV.
    FIRST LADY-Sandra Chawke/Aqua Blue.

Hehe, is that a direct transcript from the commissaire's shorthand?

• Advertisement

Pulled out after 2 laps. Got caught on one of the descents in lap 2 and lost ground to main bunch. Did too much work to catch bunch again and when i did i had burned my legs out. Finished after that. Sickened.

I got dropped at the end of lap 1 last year, was somewhere in the top 15 this year. Fella I completed the course with last year is now an A3.

The best training is racing, it'll come.

When i was at finish line i saw about 8-10 riders come in after the winner and these were seperated. The rest that came through were miles off but id say these were just aiming to finish it after being dropped. Fair play to them for trying and completing it.

1 fella clear of chasing group of 5, with a strung out bunch of about 25 half a minute or so after.

Hehe, is that a direct transcript from the commissaire's shorthand?
    Pretty poor spelling anyway!!

I got dropped at the end of lap 1 last year, was somewhere in the top 15 this year. Fella I completed the course with last year is now an A3.

The best training is racing, it'll come.

I dont know if im cut out for it. So far this year i did alright with the Ras Luimni but lost bunch after 15km but broke away from 2nd group and eventually used that group again to finish race. Did well in Blarney GP finished in top 15 that day and was full of beans that day. Yesterday i thought it would suit me with hills but it just didnt happen. Dont know if il go to Fermoy next weekend as its meant to be flat and im better on a hillier course. I will prob get dropped if its too flat.

I dont know if im cut out for it. So far this year i did alright with the Ras Luimni but lost bunch after 15km but broke away from 2nd group and eventually used that group again to finish race. Did well in Blarney GP finished in top 15 that day and was full of beans that day. Yesterday i thought it would suit me with hills but it just didnt happen. Dont know if il go to Fermoy next weekend as its meant to be flat and im better on a hillier course. I will prob get dropped if its too flat.

Its kind of bad form to attack a dropped group. Just ride up and over into the finish. There is nothing for 96th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Pretty poor spelling anyway!!

You'd expect a bit better from an event that's pitching itself as a 'Classic'.

Advertisement