Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milking Parlour Quote

Options
  • 28-02-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Wel Chaps
    Recently got a quote for a 10 unit parlour that im considering building (hope to enter milk production in 2017). Thought id share the quote to get a few opinions off ye? Total came in at €40,000 excluding vat wasnt given individual pricing :(

-1 x DVP12-- vacuum units complete with motor
    -1 x IV75 interceptor vessels
    -1 x 12 gallon receiving jar c/w sanitry taop
    -2hp milk pump and stainless steel milk filter
    -10 x 27ltr recording jars (prob wont bother wit these)
    -2 x 2 electronic pulsation with air breather line
    -75mm pvc vacuum line
    -2 inch stainless steel milk line
    -2 inch wash vacuum line
    - 10 unit jetter cup wash syatem
    -10x MC31 high capacity clusters
    -2xSS 130ltr rectangular wash troughs
    -10 x unit heavy duty set of rails with gates
    -10 x unit set of tombstone barriers
    -10 x unit set of orby compressed air feeders
    -10 x unit flex auger system c/w 2 drive units
    -washdown pump supplied and fitted

meal bin and bulk tank extra! round another €20,000 for them.

wats yer opinons.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

I got a deal on my parlour as I'm related but its not as much as that. Don't want to put up price or spec. but if I was paying full whack I'd say it would be 40k inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

so you think i could get a better quote! planning on shopping around but just want to know wat to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Got a quote today of 8.5k ex vat for a variable speed vacuumed pump, nearly fell down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

dar31 wrote: »
    Got a quote today of 8.5k ex vat for a variable speed vacuumed pump, nearly fell down

Have you 3phase....? We're getting vari speed vac pumps with the new parlour... Having done a bi of research into them. They seem to be a great investment...

Really?
    That's not coming on mine I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Why wouldn't you bother with recording jars ?
    I'd have thought regular milk recording would be a huge thing to understand your cows and select better stock.

bbam wrote: »
    I'd have thought regular milk recording would be a huge thing to understand your cows and select better stock.

Bit of an obstical in the parlour.
    Ye can do DIY recording as much as ye want for 2e a cow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Have you 3phase....? We're getting vari speed vac pumps with the new parlour... Having done a bi of research into them. They seem to be a great investment...

Yea 3 phase going in at the moment.
    Current v, pumps wore out choice of new pump and motor for 2.5k, but will be putting in new greenfield parlour in next 5 years or varaible speed pump which can be moved to new parlour in the future, pump capable of running up to 30 units
    Looking like the get me out if a jam option

never asked for em tbh but a thimk de add about €600 per unit extra! but i dont tink der wud be needed anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

OP, any dumpline,plate cooler, water heater or teat spraying?
    10 units, how many you planning to milking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Is it gold plated our something unless your running an 80 unit rotary our something 2 grand is the max you should be charged...have a quote here for a 20 unit and the pump is coming in at 2 grand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got a quote of 25k for a basic Gascoigne (with pump to drive 12unit), and 30k for a similar fullwood, but specified to drive 14units. This includes installation, stallwork, mangers etcetc, ie a working parlour. Feeders are extra, 700 might get you a double individual fed feeder, so 10 of them, another 7k, batch feeders would be cheaper, maybe 3/4k. Start adding in cluster remover/milk yeild recorders etc and you can quickly add on a grand/unit.

Now does anyone else have prices for a new 10unit parlour, which is coming in more competitive than the 2 figures I have? And any recommendations between either?

Edit: actually looking at your figures, feeders including, so probably not a huge amount in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

You can milk record without jars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Westfalia parlour here with loads of bells and whistles (acrs,dump line,vari speed vacume ,feed to yield system,milk meters,vacume gates,iq clusters,auto washer)100% happy with it cost over6500 a unit but mobey extremely well spent.milks 70 cows in 45 minutes without cutting corners .best investment there has been on this farm after the obvious ones like cows,grassland etc.one bit of advice I'd give is leave room for more units and to add on gadgets later as well as leave put wide enough.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Westfalia parlour here with loads of bells and whistles (acrs,dump line,vari speed vacume ,feed to yield system,milk meters,vacume gates,iq clusters,auto washer)100% happy with it cost over6500 a unit but mobey extremely well spent.milks 70 cows in 45 minutes without cutting corners .best investment there has been on this farm after the obvious ones like cows,grassland etc.one bit of advice I'd give is leave room for more units and to add on gadgets later as well as leave put wide enough.
    Was that including building the parlour Mahoney?
    Cost us 15k to put in all concrete work, tank and stalls for 12.
    It is a bit wider than it should be.
    If we had of been on the ball when we were building it we would have got a crush in it as well instead of building inside from the pillar's.

Hindsight is a great thing

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charleysurf

we put in the Gascoigne 7 years ago, 20 units it was something like £16,600 once the vat was claimed back, and £8,800 after a grant. for that price all you get is a very very basic parlour. can remember the difference between 2x2 and 4x0 pulsation was something like 2,000. swing over arms were quoted at £150 each while droppers were £50 each. made up my own swing over arms for £5 so if you enjoy welding theres huge savings to be made

we put in the Gascoigne 7 years ago, 20 units it was something like £16,600 once the vat was claimed back, and £8,800 after a grant. for that price all you get is a very very basic parlour. can remember the difference between 2x2 and 4x0 pulsation was something like 2,000. swing over arms were quoted at £150 each while droppers were £50 each. made up my own swing over arms for £5 so if you enjoy welding theres huge savings to be made

You would want to be a good welder to weld stainless steel.
    Any chance of a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charleysurf

didn't use any SS in the swing over arms. i run the milk tubes through 1 1/4" blue band pipe which makes up the arm. as i say its just as basic as it gets but its milks the cows and scc and tbc are grand.

I've a picture on my laptop but no idea how to upload it on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭stanflt

24 unit rapid exit baling 170k plus vat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Was that including building the parlour Mahoney?
    Cost us 15k to put in all concrete work, tank and stalls for 12.
    It is a bit wider than it should be.
    If we had of been on the ball when we were building it we would have got a crush in it as well instead of building inside from the pillar's.

Hindsight is a great thing

U better sit down greengrass,just parlour ,bin ,augers,computer.may seem excessive but most other elements of farm here have been taken care of.cows lots of them and good ones too including heifers proposed expansion taken care off too.paddocks and roads all in place as well as sheds and slurry storage.soil indexs mistly good,tested in jan ,no ibdex1 ,good shRe of 2 and 3 and some 4.chances of land comming up besides me slim but I'll be ready if it those .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

stanflt wrote: »
    24 unit rapid exit baling 170k plus vat

what spec? auto id, meters or indicators, with feeding? & most importantly what make :cool:

similar machine to mahoney here but vac pumps are not variable (on single phase here) and didn't put in dumpline

Lads that have the dumpline. Do you actually use it?
    Would you manage just aswell with buckets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

to extend from 6 units to 8 or 10 would you need a whole new vacuum pump and machine or would it be just the pipes and main milk jar?

to extend from 6 units to 8 or 10 would you need a whole new vacuum pump and machine or would it be just the pipes and main milk jar?

Depends on how much units the pump you have can run

Dont know that greengrass how would a lad find out?what about the actual machine part?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Dont know that greengrass how would a lad find out?what about the actual machine part?

What make of pump is it and what model?

must check it later sam, its a fullwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

Lads that have the dumpline. Do you actually use it?
    Would you manage just aswell with buckets?

During spring time, always in use. It's a necessity IMO.
    Here during springtime, fresh calvers are in with the main bunch straight away. If they were segregated or coming in in the last row, maybe wouldn't use it as much, but for me to have the fresh calvers deprecate would be to awkward for housing and too labour intensive. And then there's the odd time one gets mastitis, you not faffing around with a bucket, and she's not slowing up milking.
    It's just another labour saver, makes life a little easier.

maxxuumman wrote: »
    OP, any dumpline,plate cooler, water heater or teat spraying?
    10 units, how many you planning to milking?

the jars would act as a dump line?? but will prob not bother with dem and install a dumpline. Plate cooler etc. extra id say, wasnt written in on quote. Planning on millkin 80 max on current land base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Some crazy money being spent on parlours, how do ye fund it?

Advertisement