Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3/Xbox360 preowned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Con artists!
    Can't see this being any other than a deliberate ploy to shift their crappy over stock. Out of the 8 games ordered, they have two dispatched. They haven't updated their website to say otherwise either, they're still 'selling' the likes of WWE13 and The Witcher 2. More people yet to be stung.
    Anyone have success in cancelling the order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Four of the eight I ordered have been cancelled. What did get dispatched was:

Lost Planet 2 (PS3)
    Infamous (PS3)
    Infamous 2 (PS3)
    Mass Effect (360)

What got cancelled was:

Assassins Creed 2 (360)
    Halo Wars (360)
    Tomb Raider Anniversary (360)
    God of War 3 (PS3)

Lost Planet 2 arrived this morning, ordered on Saturday gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Do you get an email to say the order is dispatched?

I asked this through pm on there Facebook site they said I would get an email for each item that would be dispstched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

All four of my Xbox 360 Games were cancelled - and they had taken the money from my Visa Debit card in advance. My cancelled order was:

Street Fighter IV
    Need for Speed Carbon
    Saints Row 3
    Elder Scrolls IV

All of which are still appearing on their site as available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id be flooding the facebook page with complaints if I was ye, public, make sure others dont get screwed over aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Well the three games of mine that were cancelled (Dirt 3, Lego Batman, Saints Row 3) are still listed on the site, and I was charged the full amount. What rubbish

Ordered killzone 2,heavy rain,beijing 2008 and prototype.got prototype in the post this morning no sign of the others.still says approved on account for all gsmes.
    Did ye get an email to say what games where cancled?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

naughto wrote: »
    Ordered killzone 2,heavy rain,beijing 2008 and prototype.got prototype in the post this morning no sign of the others.still says approved on account for all gsmes.
    Did ye get an email to say what games where cancled?

Yeah, they sent an email with the list of games that were ordered and highlight the ones that are cancelled versus dispatched.
    A quick message to let you know that we've processed and dispatched your order.

Please note: if your order contained multiple items, these may be dispatched separately.

Regrettably some items have been cancelled. You have not been charged for these items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

Seems XV/HMV have adopted the Gamestop model as far as operation & customer service.

I for one, will not be attempting to buy from either of these half-ar5ed operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Ordered Heavy Rain, Infamous 2, Enslaved and Skate 2. Only got Infamous 2 and was charged the 3.75 so not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Would not be well pleased if half was order was getting cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Didn't get the 2 games I wanted, sent me the wrong 3rd game, 4th not in original box :(
    fdevine wrote: »
    Seems XV/HMV have adopted the Gamestop model as far as operation & customer service.

I for one, will not be attempting to buy from either of these half-ar5ed operations.

Have you dealt with Gamestop here? Every time I've contacted them, they have been pretty good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Didn't get the 2 games I wanted, sent me the wrong 3rd game, 4th not in original box :(

Jesus! That is the pits. I don't suppose there's any chance you could go to a Xtravision shop and get sorted? There's consumer rights protections for buying online just as there is in usual shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Jesus! That is the pits. I don't suppose there's any chance you could go to a Xtravision shop and get sorted? There's consumer rights protections for buying online just as there is in usual shops.

There's one near me, but I'm just gonna email them XVmarketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

Got all mine cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Smurph90 wrote: »
    Got all mine cancelled :(
    Do they send an email if its canceled? I didn't create an account on the site when I bought a few

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Do they send an email if its canceled? I didn't create an account on the site when I bought a few

Yeah, I got an email and I hadn't created an account.

money taking from my account and all i got was one game

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Received 1 game. 3 cancelled, all of which still appear on site as available. As happy as I am with the 1 game received, I wouldn't rely on this site for anything, truly awful. Paypal not accepted even though it's clearly described as being available, no stock updates, woeful customer service. Great bargains to be had if the site works, I might try again in a few months but at the moment it's a joke.

glasso wrote: »
    got 1 game out of 5 ordered delivered today - the sh1test game of the 5! no email re rest of order. link of stock to ordering - obviously not...

actually got a mail saying that I'll get 4 of 5 ordered for the 360. it confused me when first one arrived on it's on before any email.

asassin's creed 2
    halo reach
    F1 2011
    Shift 2

Dirt 3 cancelled.

They have been arriving 1 by 1, have 2 so far. Order number in the 300's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I've got to laugh.... I WISH they'd cancelled more of my order.

Ordered 40 games. Assumed one postage fee meant they would be all sent together.

Or at least combined in some way.

Didn't want to bother with going to Post Depot to collect if delivered when no one was home.

So I Parcel Motelled it!

20 x €3.50 so far......

I think I almost filled up the entire Parcel Motel...

No sign of any cancellation email for any of my order... I almost respect whoever decided mine would be the order sent complete!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

psicic wrote: »

Ordered 40 games. Assumed one postage fee meant they would be all sent together.

Didn't want to bother with going to Post Depot to collect if delivered when no one was home.

So I Parcel Motelled it!

20 x €3.50 so far......

No sign of any cancellation email for any of my order... I almost respect whoever decided mine would be the order sent complete!
    You aren't going to pay that fee for parcel motel are you?! :eek:

Two more games arrived today, Mass Effect (Classics edition though :mad:) & inFamous 2.

I emailed them yesterday to ask what the new total for my order was, & have had no reply yet. I can't access my account on the website since yesterday, I can log in etc but can't view my account info.

Fairly awful stuff, I won't be using the site again.

psicic wrote: »

So I Parcel Motelled it!

20 x €3.50 so far......

I have to laugh at that! working out a bit more expensive that you thought I guess. I think that EVERYONE assumed that the titles would be bundled together and sent as one...

got this back from them through facebook

Thanks for your message.
    Please bear with us. I've looked at your order, I can see that we haven't taken €17.00 from you yet.

When you place your order, we check your card to see if there are sufficient funds available. However we do not take the money up front.

What happens however is that some banks put this money to one side, others release it immediately.

You will only be charged for what you receive. From the looks of it, the rest of your order is processing. I don't know if there is a problem just yet.

We have multiple warehouse locations with thousands of these games discs. It's possible that these have been posted elsewhere - I can see that we were processing your order 2 days ago.

As you've received part of your order already, it suggests that one of your discs is still outstanding - we don't take the money in full or close off your order until everything has been dispatched.

Due to the unprecedented demand which saw us go from single digit orders to thousands in a day, it's taken a few days to catch up. However after Tuesday, we are pretty much on top of things again.

Please drop me a note back if your order still hasn't arrived by Monday. Normally we would expect your order to arrive within a couple of days. However we have been warned that some packages can take a bit longer.

Thanks,
    Mal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

naughto wrote: »
    Due to the unprecedented demand which saw us go from single digit orders to thousands in a day, it's taken a few days to catch up. However after Tuesday, we are pretty much on top of things again.

Damn you Bargain Alerts!

Checked with my bank this morning, & the full amount was deducted from my credit card, despite the order being halved. I'll give them another day or two before taking it further with the bank, I've tried emailing twice, & have left a phone message on the phone that doesn't ever get answered so not much more I can do on my end.

It's strange how someone got Assassins Creed 2 delivered a few posts back, with an order number higher than my own....yet mine was cancelled :confused: Stock must change on a daily basis or something. However, until I know what I'm buying I'll definitely receive, I can't say I'll use the site again...just too much hassle with refunds etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

One of my eight games arrived - DeBlob2. No news on the rest. There was €1.50 worth of stamps on the parcel yet it's only €2 per order for postage. As someone said, this must be just them trying to shift junk stock, hard to see how they're making money. I reckon their "multiple warehouses" are all of the Xtravisions around the country hence why one person gets Assassin's Creed II and someone else doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

how long does it take from when the order is placed to receiving something? just curious to find out when i might know how many of the games i ordered will be cancelled.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    how long does it take from when the order is placed to receiving something? just curious to find out when i might know how many of the games i ordered will be cancelled.

I got 1 game delivered the day before (2 days after order) I got an email telling me that I'd receive 4 out of 5 games in total. But that may be no guideline whatsoever as the whole thing seems a bit haphazard.

Advertisement