Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3/Xbox360 preowned

Options
  • 28-02-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Xtravision has a deal going on now for some pre owned games 4 for 15e some decent games in there.

http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

In store also does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Two for €10 in store last I seen, I think this site is a seperate entity to the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    Burnout Paradise
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon
    Wanted: Weapons of Fate
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    Wolfenstein
    Darksiders
    Iron Man 2
    Bodycount
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: Limited Edition
    Star Trek

Postage to ROI: €2.00
    Total €62.00

€3.75 each. not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

It says in the corner on the payment page "We accept Paypal and most major credit cards" and yet im given no option to pay with paypal when i place an order?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

This is actually a really good offer, especially if you have a ps3. The ps3 selection is miles better. Heavy rain for sub €4 is a super deal. Infamous 2 is also quite expensive. God of War 3 is also there, shame I have it. Anyone with a ps3 and that doesnt have it, if your getting this deal... that is a must buy.

My haul:
    inFAMOUS
    Heavy Rain
    Modnation Racers
    R.U.S.E.
    Saw II: Flesh and Blood
    Motorstorm Apocalypse
    inFAMOUS 2
    de Blob 2: The Underground
    Ridge Racer: Unbounded
    WWE '13
    LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Star Trek

Total €47.00

Great deal. About €4 a pop. Hopefully they are in good nick and come with the books for resale value. Has anyone used this website before? if so are they in good condition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Nice deal for some of those games you never got round to playing, gonna go for Enslaved, Heavy Rain, Resistance 3 and Mortal Kombat. I traded in Mortal Kombat a while back but I miss it so much that I need it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Wont work for me, I added 8 games to my basket, it would allow me take 7 on the deal and no discount on the 8th, so I said, ok, experiment, I went through the basket, deleted 4, so should have been getting 4 for 15, but it instead gave me the deal for 3 and no discount on the 4th, basically 3 for 15 and 5 for the other.

Misleading or glitch, bugged me enough to say, Im out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

some thing is not right here

naughto wrote: »
    some thing is not right here

Care to elaborate? The site is legit, check xtravisions Facebook, they posted about this dealm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

kryogen wrote: »
    Wont work for me, I added 8 games to my basket, it would allow me take 7 on the deal and no discount on the 8th, so I said, ok, experiment, I went through the basket, deleted 4, so should have been getting 4 for 15, but it instead gave me the deal for 3 and no discount on the 4th, basically 3 for 15 and 5 for the other.

Misleading or glitch, bugged me enough to say, Im out

Did you mix up PS3 and Xbox? Wouldn't let me mix, you need to select all 4 from the one platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I just ordered 4 blu rays from them, but got an error saying Please Try again. Moneys gone from my bank account though. Just a warning.

has any 1 got the games delivered that they bought from this?

has any 1 got the games delivered that they bought from this?

No mine still say as "approved" in order details on website. I hope they get a move on and its not like this for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Tinie wrote: »
    In store also does anyone know?
    I've seen some of these in Xtravision shops for either €5 or €10 but it's a hit and miss which might have what game especially since they've closed quite a few shops.

Tinie wrote: »
    No mine still say as "approved" in order details on website. I hope they get a move on and its not like this for days.

Did they take the money from your account?

Did they take the money from your account?

Yeah.

Number to ring tomorrow 1890 789 789 to see what's going on.
    It comes up as hmv customer services number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Number to ring tomorrow 1890 789 789 to see what's going on.
    It comes up as hmv customer services number.

Spent all day ringing this number. All I get is a recorded message saying to call back between 9am and 5pm. Then asks to leave a voicemail.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Spent all day ringing this number. All I get is a recorded message saying to call back between 9am and 5pm. Then asks to leave a voicemail.

So we have no way off getting in contact with them

i left a mesage on there facebook page saying that there site does not work.
    this is there reply
    XV Marketplace wrote: "Hi naughto, PM us with the trouble you're seeing and I promise we'll get back to you asap. We are busy at the moment, can see new orders every few seconds. So you may wish to try again, it may be a blip. Sorry about this.

some else did the same thing is it any one here
    Any reason you are sending out order failure messages after orders placed but money is still taken off card? my account info' says no orders placed but money taken off card immediately?
    Like · · 1 March at 10:24

XV Marketplace We don't take money until goods are dispatched, but we do check to see if the card is valid \ money is there by doing a preauthorisation with the bank. This is so we can guarantee that we get paid. The money is taken only when the order is collected and is in the post. Most of the time you won't know this preauth has happened, however on occasion, some banks do put preauths to one side so they can guarantee that they can pay us if we ask them to. However the money has not left your account, we can't tell if they've done this as the money never comes our way. It doesn't happen with every bank or every transaction. But they should release this immediately if you tell them it is a preauthorisation that is no longer required. That said, I'm sorry for your order failure, if you PM us with the details, we'll take a look and see if we can sort your original order / apologise for the trouble.
    what reply should i give?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Just got an e-mail from these to let me know that my order has been cancelled. It didnt give a reason, presumably the games are out of stock.

Games I ordered were; The Witcher 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno.

Good luck to whomever ordered!!

Took a punt and ordered a few of these. My order number was in the lows hundreds. Don't know how they're delivering these at only two quid per order.

inFAMOUS
    Dragon Age Origins
    God of War III
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Modnation Racers
    Split/Second: Velocity
    EA Sports MMA
    de Blob 2: The Underground

Order despatched but most of the items canceled. I'd have liked to have the option of canceling the whole order you know as the games I order to just get over the limit for the discount were the ones that were despatched and not the ones i really wanted. :rolleyes:

Also you can still order the games that I had cancelled off yhe website. Bit amateurish to be honest.

got 1 game out of 5 ordered delivered today - the sh1test game of the 5! no email re rest of order. link of stock to ordering - obviously not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Received:
    Star Trek
    Bodycount
    Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: Limited Edition
    Wanted: Weapons of Fate
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Cancelled:
    Burnout Paradise
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    Wolfenstein
    Darksiders
    Iron Man 2

Order number in the low 200's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Does the status of the order change from 'approved' when it's shipped at all? I ordered on the 1st, still sitting at approved though...

Do you get an email to say the order is dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

Received 1 of 4 ordered today, order number high 200s. Not sure of status for the rest of the order but I'm happy enough with the quality of the one I got for 3.75(+Postage). Book included, case in good nick but with barcode stuck on.

Asked a question about whether 3d versions of movies are included in the Blu-rays on Sunday, no reply yet. Quality of Customer Service seems poor but I'm quite happy with what I have received for the price.

I got no email to say order was dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Well that's the last time I use that, 3 games cancelled and only got one I put in to make the fourth. Crap service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Well that's the last time I use that, 3 games cancelled and only got one I put in to make the fourth. Crap service

Not dissimilar to the inept service from the gamestop Ireland offer back in december covered in a previous thread. Of all my online dealings its only Irish sites I have had trouble with. If incompetence was a marketable commodity we would have the world's biggest econony.

Advertisement