Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle -Series 3 (Starts March 1st. BBC2 10pm)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Excellent 30 minutes of stand up, I'd go as far as to say that was my favourite episode of this season. Very witty, cutting, and complete show with the right amount of Lee's hallmarks. There was a clear theme running throughout with several different strands knitted together by an excellent ending. The BNP/Hindu taxi driver black/gay wife was also my favourite bit that Lee did in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

OMFG.
    Chris Morris and Stew in the same room.

/faints

These two haven't worked together since On the Hour over 20 years ago if i'm not mistaken.

He's been involved in at least one of the previous Comedy Vehicles. Definitely the supreme being of satire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Excellent 30 minutes of stand up, I'd go as far as to say that was my favourite episode of this season. Very witty, cutting, and complete show with the right amount of Lee's hallmarks. There was a clear theme running throughout with several different strands knitted together by an excellent ending. The BNP/Hindu taxi driver black/gay wife was also my favourite bit that Lee did in Dublin.
    Yeah great episode this week! Some of the bits I remember from seeing him do his 'work in progress' shows in Edinburgh last August, but the material is of course much tighter now.

Does anybody know when the next Comedy Vehicle series will air? I think it might be in 2016 rather than 2015 if I remember correctly. EDIT - just read it's due to be aired in April 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,263 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Setun wrote: »
    Yeah great episode this week! Some of the bits I remember from seeing him do his 'work in progress' shows in Edinburgh last August, but the material is of course much tighter now.

Does anybody know when the next Comedy Vehicle series will air? I think it might be in 2016 rather than 2015 if I remember correctly. EDIT - just read it's due to be aired in April 2016.

Jimmy-Carr-010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Jimmy-Carr-010.jpg

I'm offended by the thought that I'll have to wait two years for the next series :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I'm offended by the thought that I'll have to wait two years for the next series :(
    On the bright side might get a new full show this year. I'd say the first announcements concrete about what he's up to will be the Edinburgh Fringe programme, which should be out pretty soon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I actually though it was a very poor episode ,not funny at all,tedious and a bit too smug .
    The imbecile in the audience laughing every 2 seconds was extremely off putting too .
    The series seems to be getting worse as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,263 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Last in the series, 10.15pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Chris Morris stole the final episode for me

"At some level you're not just sh*tting on your own doorstep, you're blasting sewage through your letterbox with a firehose ... You're like Bobby Sands with a muck spreader" :D

Great series, good to see there will be more (eventually).

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The final episode was the most 'concept'-like of the series I think; With Stewart's voice breaking up occasionally (I think bit self consciously) it came across more as a one-man-theatre piece than stand-up in places.

The bit with Morris at the end was great:

Lee: "Is it entertainment? Is it meant to be entertainment, I don't know. But, you know what's important? Time's passed and at the end of it people say 'ooh, something happened'."

*pause*

Morris: "Is there anything you couldn't say that about?" :pac:

• Advertisement

Episode 1 was great.
    Episode 2 was a bit weak.
    Episode 3 was properly laugh out loud all the way through. :D

Some of the fake craft beer names were fantastic.

Advertisement