Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Does that mean we have a choice of rock stations to listen to on fm then, 8radio and.............oh just the one then...;)

Nice to know for the next few weekends 8radio all day then finish off with Pat James....happy days...

Why will it be only available on FM in the places mentioned? What about the midlands and north west?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Why will it be only available on FM in the places mentioned? What about the midlands and north west?

South East is the same. No 4FM here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

zorro2566 wrote: »

That question was answered on page 2. Back then it was down to cost, and that is probably still the reason.

To me it would not make much sense to make it national coverage when it is only on for a few days a year. When the Dublin transmitter was on 94.3 I could get it clearly in Dundalk, and I also got Autism Radio on what I presume is the same transmitter on 105.2. The other transmitter sites should also give a good coverage area.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I’m picking it up in the car right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I’m picking it up in the car right now!

That's not what 8 radio normally plays though. I didn't recognise any of the songs. And they were gash for the most part imo

That's not what 8 radio normally plays though. I didn't recognise any of the songs. And they were gash for the most part imo

Thought the same if I’m honest. But the 8radio ad came on in between songs so it’s def them.

Has some kind of “sanitised” playlist been devised for the FM broadcasting purposes?

Thought the same if I’m honest. But the 8radio ad came on in between songs so it’s def them.

Has some kind of “sanitised” playlist been devised for the FM broadcasting purposes?

I'd guess it just testing. There was good stuff from new order etc this morning, then it went off air and Autism was showing on the rds. Came back as 8 radio on the rds when the music started back up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was 8Radio tonight anyway, Simon on the jingles, and Manics and Director being played.

it was 8Radio tonight anyway, Simon on the jingles, and Manics and Director being played.

It's a lot better tonight. Nice to have decent music on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Thanks for the interest in 8Radio! Very excited to be going back on FM this weekend.

There's a lot of tech stuff to get through to get us firing in 4 cities while also running our usual programmes live on the internet so excuse scratchiness or limited music loops while we get the tech bits done. Will sound like regular 8Radio.com (whether that's a good or a bad thing depends on your perspective!) by the time midnight on Friday night rolls around.

Going to be on every Saturday, Sunday and Monday from now until and including the June Bank Holiday weekend in four cities. Would love to be in even more places but as has been pointed out elsewhere, we're limited by budget. Doing FM is great but expensive. We'll add more locations as time and budget allows.

Dublin 105.2FM
    Cork 106.7FM
    Limerick 105.5FM
    Galway 87.7FM

You can also knock down to our Orange shop on Camden Row and we'll play you a tune. Music submissions as always are welcome to music AT 8Radio DOT com

Simon
    8Radio.com

SimonMaher wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks for the interest in 8Radio! Very excited to be going back on FM this weekend.

There's a lot of tech stuff to get through to get us firing in 4 cities while also running our usual programmes live on the internet so excuse scratchiness or limited music loops while we get the tech bits done. Will sound like regular 8Radio.com (whether that's a good or a bad thing depends on your perspective!) by the time midnight on Friday night rolls around.

Going to be on every Saturday, Sunday and Monday from now until and including the June Bank Holiday weekend in four cities. Would love to be in even more places but as has been pointed out elsewhere, we're limited by budget. Doing FM is great but expensive. We'll add more locations as time and budget allows.

Dublin 105.2FM
    Cork 106.7FM
    Limerick 105.5FM
    Galway 87.7FM

You can also knock down to our Orange shop on Camden Row and we'll play you a tune. Music submissions as always are welcome to music AT 8Radio DOT com

Simon
    8Radio.com

Don’t goooooo changin’

:D

Hello all,

Dublin 105.2FM
    Cork 106.7FM
    Limerick 105.5FM
    Galway 87.7FM

Simon
    8Radio.com

Any plans still for going after the full time licence Simon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Great to have some additional choice, good luck with the next run. On the technical side, the modulation % of the audio on 105.2 is running a little high (regularly peaking over 130%).

Listened a few times during the day..great stuff..nice to have a choice on FM again....I was going to text in and ask for something for Nova..maybe tomorrow.....:D

Bumpety bump

lest we forget....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Bumpety bump

lest we forget....;)

No fear of that. Sure all the cool cats are tuned in already :)

Just in case though, 8Radio is on FM every Saturday, Sunday AND Monday until the June bank holiday on 105.2FM in Dublin, 87.7FM in Galway, 106.7FM in Cork and 105.5FM in Limerick as well as online 24/7.

We've been dishing out the top quality 8Radio lollipops and stickers from our orange shop on Camden Row. All welcome to knock by!

Simon
    8Radio.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Just in case though, 8Radio is on FM every Saturday, Sunday AND Monday until the June bank holiday on 105.2FM in Dublin, 87.7FM in Galway, 106.7FM in Cork and 105.5FM in Limerick as well as online 24/7.

We've been dishing out the top quality 8Radio lollipops and stickers from our orange shop on Camden Row. All welcome to knock by!

Simon
    8Radio.com
    Keep up the good work. :-)

Simon
    8Radio.com

No bother Si...can i call you Si...:P

Class tunes all day today...nice to hear Micro Disney, Billy Bragg Skunk anancie etc......Its been a pleasure to listen Si....Nova who ..??.;)

Been enjoying listening over the week...just a pity youre off the FM at the weekends tho..:(

question... why is the music better than it was on TXFM....just my curious opinion..:o

• Advertisement

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better....

HMHB..Joy division oven gloves....can't remember when I last heard it on the radio...xcellent

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Really enjoyed them back on FM again. Great to hear quality music on the airwaves again. Made car journeys a lot better and stopped all the station hopping I usually do. Back to the app again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Pass this "station" everyday going to catch the bus to work - always wondered what they were about.
    Always thought they were just online tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Has anyone noticed how much louder the mic and stings are compared to the music? I've long noticed it but never bothered to comment before, but it's really annoying me lately. The mic sounds extremely bass-y too, almost muffled.

it's particularly annoying when you're listening to a mellow songs and then it suddenly it's 8RADIO DOT COM PLAYING THE MUSIC WE LIKE

have to wait till october for more fm broadcasts....seems like an age away...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've not been listening to this station long, I think just over a month, but beginning to feel a little sick when I hear some songs come on, it reminds me of the job I had years ago where they listened to Atlantic252 and I was convinced that they only had 14 songs in their playlist.

They are back on FM from June 15th to July 14th at the weekends in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway! Not in the north west though,why is that,would love to hear it in the car! Come on Simon,look into it for the future?

https://radiotoday.ie/2019/06/8radio-com-back-on-fm-in-dublin-cork-limerick-and-galway/#more-16252

Been listening all day in work...so refreshing to hear a proper mix of altindierock on FM....there's no-one playing anything close...fair play to Simon..hopes he gets a licence ..next year...maybe....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Enjoyed listening to this at work all weekend. Such a welcome change to have quality music all day and night on FM. They deserve a licence. For such small population there's so many radio stations in Ireland and 99.9% of them are all playing the same awful ****e. Music fans deserve an alternative station on FM.

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    Enjoyed listening to this at work all weekend. Such a welcome change to have quality music all day and night on FM. They deserve a licence. For such small population there's so many radio stations in Ireland and 99.9% of them are all playing the same awful ****e. Music fans deserve an alternative station on FM.

Not if the BAI have anything to do with it.....its not about what listeners deserve..its what they decide we deserve...;)

Advertisement