Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Spoilers 28/02/14

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Being honest, given how "badly" The Authority have treated Orton, it would make sense, story wise, if he turned on them.

Not saying I want Face Orton, mind, and if that is WWE's plan, it shows they've missed why the fans are booing. Just that in terms of a narrative, it would work logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really wish they'd stop adding in crowd sounds.

It makes Smackdown totally unwatchable.

Batista v Ziggler is constant piped crowd noises, turned it off it was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I really wish they'd stop adding in crowd sounds.

It makes Smackdown totally unwatchable.

I'm used to it now. Some weeks I try to count them too :o

The Outlaws are about as dependable a pairing of quality as Martin Skrtel & Kolo Toure.
    The seagulls are hoarse around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

This is the Batista they should have brought back.

"You look at your heroes and think, he looks just like me,if he can be champion so can I.You're living in a fantasy."

Plus he basically squashed Ziggler which is always welcome.Fantastic nights work for Big Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Just watched the shortened version on Afterburn. Honestly, it's not an out-an-out heel turn. The only heelish line was about "destroying each and every one of your heroes", which was more of an f-you to the smarks with the hope he will still draw good money with casual fans, similar to how Cena is positioned business-wise. But the opposite of Bryan, who the smarks/live audiences love, but WWE probably think doesn't make them money - rumour has it they blame him for low PPV buys towards the end of last year.

They wanted to keep him face, but ignoring the booing would make him look stupid, so he acknowledged the fans, but in very different way to how Cena does it.

Put it this way, if I was a little kid living in Kayfabe land, thinking wrestling was real, cheering for the faces, booing the heels, that promo would probably make me like him even more, thinking he is even more of a badass.

He opened the promo with "I love this business", a complete babyface line. He didn't do anything particularly heelish in the match with Ziggler and Cole went out of his way to explain his actions.

Are you sure you watched the same segment? Batista was dressed like the old heel big Dave including sunglasses and darker out lighting.He slagged off 195lb wrestlers,slagged the fans for liking 195lb wrestlers, then laughed in babyface Dolph Zigglers face when he challenged Big Dave to a match.

He worked the whole match as a heel,and pretty much squashed Ziggler with 3 consecutive spinebusters,followed by a Batista bomb.

If you can't tell this is a heel turn you're watching wrestling wrong tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd love if Raw kicked off with Batista coming out to Punk's music :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

iC6hfA18RKiiz.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

That would be genius, that would go past nuclear heat, you'll have ****ers trying to jump the rails. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If anyone is doing the Punk music bit, it should be Barrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

langer91 wrote: »

It's smackdown what did he expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

heel Batista is awesome

Going by the way he was dressed on Smackdown this would be more fitting.

Btw lol at them editing out cheers on Smackdown, the crowds are always dead on the show so if I heard them cheer I wouldn`t of believed it anyway. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler cut another passionate WWE App promo. The following is a transcript of what Ziggler said:
    “It was a bold move on my part. Batista, he’s been unstoppable but there’s one thing that can’t stop you in this business, in this day in age. No matter who says you’re guaranteed a main event spot at WrestleMania, no matter who says you come back and we’ll worship you, and kiss your feet and do everything in our power to make sure you’re there, you leave out the WWE Universe. I’m someone who has made my entire career based on the WWE Universe. I wasn’t supposed to be anybody, I was supposed to be a punching bag for guys on their way to the top. I was supposed to be someone who got laughed at and kicked in the face and people cheered. Somehow, someway, because of everything I’ve done, from 5 years old through high school, through college, everything I’ve ever wanted to be is the best. Whether I was in school standing up for other kids, I did it when I was in college as a captain of my team, I stood up for my team. Here in the WWE, I stand up for this entire roster. I can’t make them be the Superstars they want to be but I can make an example and tonight, I made an example of Batista.

Some people have been handed opportunities. Some people are told, ‘you’re going to WrestleMania, no matter what you do, no matter who you are, we worship you and you’re going to WrestleMania.’ Some people are told straight to their face that they don’t have what it takes, they can’t be a headliner at WrestleMania. Tonight, not only do I stand up for myself, I stand up for every single Superstar who was told there’s no room for you on WrestleMania. WrestleMania XXX, the biggest WrestleMania of all-time, people were told there’s no room. Tonight, I make an example and I make room. Tonight, I become the next man in WrestleMania.”

You can watch the promo at WWE.com.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ive been wondering about Dolph... could this be the new way of working folk, like how at times the WWE actively want people to think D.Bryan is being held down by the powers that be so that the fans cheer him even more. I mean Dolph isn't an idiot and after whats happened before that tweet about removing his crowd cheers vs Batista would only land him in hot water unless thats the image the WWE want to cultivate for him i.e another guy the company are holding down because he speaks his mind and cos the fans want him to be star not HHH/Vince etc, thus ensuring he gets even more over as a result

Or maybe im just over thinking it too much, hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Ive been wondering about Dolph... could this be the new way of working folk, like how at times the WWE actively want people to think D.Bryan is being held down by the powers that be so that the fans cheer him even more. I mean Dolph isn't an idiot and after whats happened before that tweet about removing his crowd cheers vs Batista would only land him in hot water unless thats the image the WWE want to cultivate for him i.e another guy the company are holding down because he speaks his mind and cos the fans want him to be star not HHH/Vince etc, thus ensuring he gets even more over as a result

Or maybe im just over thinking it too much, hmm...

Pre royal rumble I would have agreed but not now. Batista being turned heel was not on their agenda until the crowd demanded it, and Ziggler got comprehensively destroyed in the end on smackdown.

There is no ultimate work going on here.

And Bryan being possibly added to batista/orton is such a hatchet job that even if it happens and he wins, they'll have bombed the moment, given that most will have anticipated how it ends

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

That was a good heel promo in fairness to him. best Ive seen him since his return. He'd be more effective if he hadnt slimmed down so much though. He's the same size as orton now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bryan in the title match, in any circumstances, would have left people thinking he was sure to win. So I dont think they have blown a moment at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TGJD wrote: »
    He'd be more effective if he hadnt slimmed down so much though. He's the same size as orton now.

This is some kind of joke... Right?

Advertisement