Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Spoilers 28/02/14

Options
  • 26-02-2014 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

The following are results from the WWE SmackDown television taping, which took place on Tuesday night in Milwaukee, Wisconsin:

- "The Animal" Batista opens this week's SmackDown show. He immediately gets boo'd like crazy from the fans in Milwaukee. He talks about how he's going to beat everyone, which leads to Dolph Ziggler coming to the ring. Ziggler ends up challenging Batista. Batista laughs at Ziggler's challenge and accepts. Ziggler dropkicks Batista to end the segment.

- The Real Americans def. Mark Henry & Big E. The finish saw Cesaro hit Henry with his Neutralizer finisher for the 1-2-3. They teased a lot of tension between Swagger and Cesaro throughout the match.

- We see Alberto Del Rio talking to Vickie Guerrero backstage. He asks for the night off, but she refuses to give it to him. Sheamus ends up coming in and challenging him to a match.

- Alexander Rusev and Lana come out to the top of the stage to cut a live promo. They did pretty much the same stuff they've been doing in their pre-taped vignettes that have been airing over the past several weeks.

- Alberto Del Rio def. Sheamus via Disqualification. The finish saw Christian coming out to attack Sheamus. He hit him with his Killswitch finisher. Del Rio ended up joining in, and he and Christian beat down Sheamus.

- Batista def. Dolph Ziggler in what amounted to basically a squash match. Batista worked the match as a heel.

- The Wyatt Family comes out and Bray Wyatt cuts a promo. The Shield ended up interrupting him. Triple H then comes out and announces a rematch of their six-man tag-team match from Elimination Chamber for next Monday's WWE RAW in Chicago, Illinois.

- AJ Lee def. Cameron in a Divas Championship match. At one point during the match, the referee threw Tamina Snuka out from ringside and sent her to the back. Regardless, AJ managed to pick up the victory and retain her title.

- Brock Lesnar will apparently be confronting The Undertaker on next Monday's WWE RAW show in Chicago.

- Daniel Bryan & The Usos def. Kane & The New Age Outlaws in a six-man tag-team match. The finish saw Bryan hit Kane with his Running Knee finisher, giving his team the victory.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's prob important to note (read on pwtorch) that in the opening segment Batistia told the fans he's going beat all of their heroes including their precious Daniel Bryan.

So he's full on heel now essentially. Is Vince really going to have his WWE title match at WMXXX a heel vs heel match?

Especially when both guys have the kind of heat even xpac would be proud of?!?

I'm all for being stubborn and sticking to your guns but surely enough is enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think I'll have to watch it before passing judgement - wonder if he is trying to be some kind of badass babyface.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Batista's promo was Vince/HHH/Batista's way of telling the fans to go f*** themselves, we'll stick with our guns regardless (basically what Michael Cole said on RAW).

The only other explanation would be that it's leading up to some big surprise with Bryan at WM. Can't see it though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know I'm fantasy booking here but maybe and it's the biggest maybe ever he's acting heel because come Monday CMPunk walks out and announces he's in the title match for WM.

And then the internet rejoices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Loughc wrote: »
    I know I'm fantasy booking here but maybe and it's the biggest maybe ever he's acting heel because come Monday CMPunk walks out and announces he's in the title match for WM.

Internet implodes more like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I think after this week we should replace the term X-Pac heat with Bootista heat.... X-Pac didn't get vicious boo-ing like this! Was I the only one who actually liked him?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From the opening segment
    BhXjG8WCEAAKZ3s.jpg
    hAwWmYe.jpg

HEEL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The trouble with turning Batista heel and Orton face is that people aren't just booing Batista, they're booing the prospect of the main event itself. People aren't suddenly going to get behind Orton by making Batista a heel.

Given CM Punk's departure and Daniel Bryan being constantly kicked away from the title despite being the biggest face in recent years, Orton V Batista is the main event that nobody wants to see. It doesn't matter which one is face or heel.

I think after this week we should replace the term X-Pac heat with Bootista heat.... X-Pac didn't get vicious boo-ing like this! Was I the only one who actually liked him?!

I liked X-Pac, he had lots of energy in the ring and was always an underdog. Don't particularly remember him getting booed so I'm not sure where the term X-Pac heat came from...then again it's a long time ago so I probably just don't remember.

I liked X-Pac, he had lots of energy in the ring and was always an underdog. Don't particularly remember him getting booed so I'm not sure where the term X-Pac heat came from...then again it's a long time ago so I probably just don't remember.

I believe it came to light during the Alliance storyline when he was the only one on the WWE side to be boo'd regularly. Also he got a fair bit of stick during the "X-Factor" faction days.

He pretty much bombed when D-X and his partnership with Kane faded away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Loughc wrote: »

Even better, Bryan in the main event to make it a Fatal 4 way.
    Bryan and Punk both pin Boreton and Bootista at the same time, ref counts both pins, lots of arguing over who won, out comes Hogan and calls for a Punk Vs Bryan match there and then.

And then I wake up.

• Advertisement

Don't tell me they're building to a Sheamus/Christian match at WM? A match we have gotten twice in the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's no way they'll do a heel v heel main event. Can see Bryan being squeezed in TBH. All depends on Punk I guess.

I deffo think Trips will put the stip in that if D-Bry wins he gets into the main event.

Especially given Batista name-dropping D-Bry at the start of Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Batista is much better as a douche heel, he should play to his strong points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »

Yeah, I really enjoyed his last heel run. Even so, against a face Randy would still suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Nothing against CM Punk, but dunno how I'd feel about him throwing his toys out of the pram, walking out on the job, taking as much time as he wants off and then walking straight back in to a WM main event.

Obviously it'd great for the fans, but isn't that kind of similar to what he hates about the part-timers coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Orton's promo on Raw was a very babyface promo. I reckon WWE think it's just Batista people dont like so are simply swapping the roles, believing that we actually want to see Batista vs Orton, but with Orton as the babyface instead.

It's very hard to realistically see Bryan in the title match.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Orton's promo on Raw was a very babyface promo. I reckon WWE think it's just Batista people dont like so are simply swapping the roles, believing that we actually want to see Batista vs Orton, but with Orton as the babyface instead.

It's very hard to realistically see Bryan in the title match.

Very True, I can see Orton being dumped as the "face" of WWE by Hunter and Co and being replaced by Batista in the lead up to Mania in a vain attempt to get Orton over against an already hated Batista. It will bomb.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I blame Uncle Kracker. I always loved X-pac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

It doesn't matter if Batista is a face or a heel - his in-ring work will ruin his character no matter what. Simply terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Penn wrote: »
    Orton V Batista is the main event that nobody wants to see.

The prestigious, revered pre-show is a-callin'.............Seriously, this Batista/Orton stuff seems to be unprecedented in its backlash; even excels the bile directed toward Orton/Sheamus in the Izod last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nothing against CM Punk, but dunno how I'd feel about him throwing his toys out of the pram, walking out on the job, taking as much time as he wants off and then walking straight back in to a WM main event.

Obviously it'd great for the fans, but isn't that kind of similar to what he hates about the part-timers coming back.

unless it really was all a work

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This pretty much confirms that Orton vs Batista won't happen at Mania.

I don't think they will turn Orton babyface now because he's guaranteed to get major heckles at Mania even if he were a face, so it would be a waste to turn.

I still expect Bryan to be inserted into the equation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for Vince's story meetings to hear what they are contemplating right now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Just watched the shortened version on Afterburn. Honestly, it's not an out-an-out heel turn. The only heelish line was about "destroying each and every one of your heroes", which was more of an f-you to the smarks with the hope he will still draw good money with casual fans, similar to how Cena is positioned business-wise. But the opposite of Bryan, who the smarks/live audiences love, but WWE probably think doesn't make them money - rumour has it they blame him for low PPV buys towards the end of last year.

They wanted to keep him face, but ignoring the booing would make him look stupid, so he acknowledged the fans, but in very different way to how Cena does it.

Put it this way, if I was a little kid living in Kayfabe land, thinking wrestling was real, cheering for the faces, booing the heels, that promo would probably make me like him even more, thinking he is even more of a badass.

He opened the promo with "I love this business", a complete babyface line. He didn't do anything particularly heelish in the match with Ziggler and Cole went out of his way to explain his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No matter which one is heel or face I don't think anyone wants to see Batista Vs. Orton for the title at WM

If both are heel though it may signal a face may be added to the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If both are heel though it may signal a face may be added to the mix

Cant believe this is being ignored so much. Orton's promo on Raw was a babyface one. If Batista turns, so does Orton.

How can they possibly turn Orton successfully? He's not even the slightest bit over as a heel. No one cares about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Batista has fully evolved in to his true form. So many wasted years as a baby face

Advertisement