Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 30 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust would be cool but if that was the plan I would have expected them to start building for it with a big turn already. That said there are still five RAWs left before WrestleMania but they'd want to get a move on. :D Could be an excellent feud if they get enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    At Mania which will have plenty of knowledgeable fans, I think Sami Zayn v Neville would be fine. Many casuals will know them with launch of the network and the social media attention they got recently. Also coukd feature on RAW and smackdown before mania itself. Also the action they could get into a match would grab attention.

Sheamus v Christian would be more likely to to be a yawn fest.

Reigns stuck in a tag match would be a real waste.

Ambrose v Big E sounds like something destined for the pre show.

I'd agree with that, would say the NXT match would need to be short to be on safe side. Cody v Golddust would be good but I think it may be a bit rushed if they were to do it for Mania. Lets not forget the E does not shut down after Mania so why not take time with it and have it for Extreme Rules or one of the summer PPVS?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They may have been pitched but how recently it doesn't say as I am sure they have pitched Goldust vs Cody and could easily do it justice build wise in the next 5 weeks considering they have 3 hour Raws and SDs to fill but it feels they have been moving away from that and more towards The real Americans splitting and potentially feuding instead in recent weeks and I hope they don't do both considering we have already had the PTPs split and feud and The Shield seem a distinct possibility despite them being seemingly together in these pitched matches.

If Sheamus vs Christian was to happen it would have to be pre-show for me as despite being a fan of both guys it gets a big old meh from me and not just cos its happened twice in the past 2 weeks already iirc. Having said that it could be a good match andfor the pre-show things could be worse.

I dont't think Big E vs Ambrose would be on the preshow simply because it would give both the midcard titles a place on mania proper and as a unification bout it could be easily promoted but they arent building towards that atm and you would have to think that the Ambrose / Reigns / shield in general issues are leading somewhere having been building for quite some time now and the logical place for them to build to would be mania especially instead of them having Reigns in a tag match with the Wyatts minus Bray i.e a match that would only have 1 potential winner. Similarily they seem to be building to something more like a IC triple threat with Swagger (heel), Cesaro (Tweener) and Big E (face) at mania considering how big E has faced both Real Americans in the past two weeks in really good matches but not having any interaction with the shield guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Part of me kinda wants to see Orton v Batista purely for the crowd to utterly sh1t all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Posted by Bounty Hunter
    I dont't think Big E vs Ambrose would be on the preshow simply because it would give both the midcard titles a place on mania proper and as a unification bout it could be easily promoted

I recall that the tag team titles were to be unified at WM25 and this was bumped to the pre show, so wouldn't be shocked!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Posted by Bounty Hunter

I recall that the tag team titles were to be unified at WM25 and this was bumped to the pre show, so wouldn't be shocked!

yeah but they literally gave 2 sh!ts about tag teams back then, *looks at how they have been booking the mid card titles recently* actually ignore this post.

Still think if they went for an IC/US unification and a match like Sheamus/Christian the latter would and should be the one on the pre-show though for the reasons I outlined above I think they may go another direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think a couple of matches so far damage the card balance and stop the show having a real intrigue or opportunity to offer fans some satisfaction.

Cena v Wyatt does make sense.

I don't think Brock v Taker has a real sense of wonder. Taker v Reigns with the Shield would be more interesting than the Brock match. Sure the match we are getting will be good but the complete lack of any doubt about the result hurts it. The way Reigns was pushed lately would create some doubt.

Orton v Batista is obviously the other match that hurts the card.

A suggested idea is below but plenty of other ways to mix the matches that would produce a more interesting card.

Brock could have been used more effectively by having him go against the authority and batter Orton.

Punk could have challenged heel Batista.

Bryan v HHH would sit better in that card.

Lots of other mixes could create more intrigue, Punk v Orton for title, Cena v Bryan 2, Batista v Wyatt, HHH v Reigns, Taker v Brock as current booking and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whosthis wrote: »
    Will Snooki get a title shot? Keep the streak alive. 1-0.

I wonder will there by any celeb involvement this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will there by any celeb involvement this year

Depends how good Aaron Paul does tonight.....

Yeah! Wrestlemania Bitch!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can't believe we got through a whole page of a WM thread without this (would love to see a modern remake btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Another boring Mania to come me thinks.

So what will Hogan's big Mania announcement next week be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So what will Hogan's big Mania announcement next week be?

He'll be performing the National Anthem with Brooke :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He'll be performing the National Anthem with Brooke :pac:

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted in her match for the title with AJ

Del Rio Vs. Ziggler could be the pre show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Everyone seems convived that it will be Taker vs Lesnar going on last but honestly Bryan vs HHH is the biggest match they have got. It's a storyline that has been brewing since Summerslam, and Bryan celebrating his victory at the end (assuming he wins) would be a great way for the PPV to end.

Taker only went on last in the past when a title, or Shawn Michaels career, was on the line. Really don't think its that big this time, although they have a few weeks to go.

It's true that the crowd does get tired after Taker's match, but once Bryan comes out and the yes chants start the crowd will be back into it again. If anything its more likely the crowd will be tired after cheering Bryan's win. There is also the unpredictability factor as there will always be the chance that Bryan will get screwed again.

I'd be shocked if they don't finish with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

''Am I ****ing going over?!''

D Bryan victorious with a huge yes chant should end this Mania but with Hogan involved as host I think it could be him and Cena posing after destroying the Wyatts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cena - Bray Wyatt will NOT Main Event WM. Not a hope. Hogan can have his moment at the start and mid-WM, ala his WM moment at WM21. He doesn't and shouldn't need to be the focus of the Main Event.

D Bryan victorious with a huge yes chant should end this Mania but with Hogan involved as host I think it could be him and Cena posing after destroying the Wyatts

I'd say he is more likely to help Bryan to try and steal the spotlight. Everyone else tries to steal so why wouldnt he?

Loughc wrote: »
    Cena - Bray Wyatt will NOT Main Event WM. Not a hope. Hogan can have his moment at the start and mid-WM, ala his WM moment at WM21. He doesn't and shouldn't need to be the focus of the Main Event.

The Wyatt's might interfere no matter what the main event even perhaps to try and help HHH get the win over Bryan

• Advertisement

The Wyatt's might interfere no matter what the main event even perhaps to try and help HHH get the win over Bryan

Why would they? They have (thankfully) nothing to do with either man.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"What a Wrestlemania! the best ever, see you tomorrow night on Raw everyone!"
    *chorus of Bootista chants ringing out across the arena*

That could be the ending we get :pac:

Why would they? They have (thankfully) nothing to do with either man.

Bray and his clan could be working for HHH and the Authority

Bray and his clan could be working for HHH and the Authority

The main event of Wrestlemania is the last place you should ever do that. That's the kind of thing that should only ever happen on Raw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WZ has learned from sources that a match featuring NXT and WWE stars is being considered for WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans.

The most recent internal rundown shows the match still tentative, but it would be an eight man tag team bout. It would feature Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Bo Dallas and NXT Champion Adrian Neville versus Jack Swagger, Corey Graves and NXT tag team champions, The Ascension.

Obviously the match would mix storylines and feuds between the main roster and NXT. As of now It's unknown if this match will make it to the final cut for the WrestleMania card, and it isn't expected to be known until the event gets closer and can be timed out. The match also hinges on all battle royal participants being finalized.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/459679-exclusive-match-with-nxt-wwe-stars-being-considered-for-wrestlemania-30

Remember when John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Lay-Cool sounded random as heck when that leaked for Wrestlemania 27?

You would guess this would be on the WWE Network preshow or the pre-preshow :p.

There is zero need for an NXT match when there are so many guys on the full time roster who will be lucky to be backstage on the night. Who deserves a Wrestlemania spot more, Bo Dallas or Dolph Ziggler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There is zero need for an NXT match when there are so many guys on the full time roster who will be lucky to be backstage on the night. Who deserves a Wrestlemania spot more, Bo Dallas or Dolph Ziggler?

When gnfnrhead is backing Ziggler you know he's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There is zero need for an NXT match Ziggler?

Nah, tbh I don't see the point of Mania if we don't get an Adam Rose entrance:D

GTR63 wrote: »
    When gnfnrhead is backing Ziggler you know he's right.

Not sure if I should :D or :mad:

So I'll :pac:

I dont have any issue with Ziggler. I just think people really over rate him.

• Advertisement

So Daniel Bryan Vs. HHH now official and if Daniel Bryan wins he is added to the world title match which surely will be the main event show closer now

Also Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal with 30 Superstars

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement