Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dredd 2 Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

A short message from Karl Urban trying to keep the momentum going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rE79vRsdU

I think a sequel may just have a chance. Fingers crossed anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This is quick becoming the Half Life 3 of movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Best Acting Ever. I'm sorry to bring it op, cos it's only keeping the memory of this movie alive and stopping people from watching the REAL Dredd movie. Please. stop what you're doing watch it.

The 2012 film is what action movies and (movies in general) could be nowadays if studios had the balls to fund the millions of sinmilar scripts lying in drawers throughout the world
    It was like "how did this one slip through, trick the studio?!"

Will become a cult classic like Robocop, Terminator (1984)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I bet if they do make a Dredd 2 most people will just download it again and it won't make any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

ps3lover wrote: »
    I bet if they do make a Dredd 2 most people will just download it again and it won't make any money.

That's not what happened with Dredd. There were no leaked copies during cinematic release. Dredd's success on DVD/Blu-Ray shows how much the fans will support it and any sequel. The studio didn't market the movie in the US. That's why it didn't make money on the big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

It also only got a limited 2d release. This also had an affect on viewer attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 60,355 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A message from Karl..

Link to petition
    Petition

A well made fan trailer for a sequel to Dredd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A well made fan trailer for a sequel to Dredd.

thats ****ing quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »

I really like that guy. Grounded as hell, straight edge.

Seems if there is to be a sequel it may take a while to get one. TV series would be great too though.

Always going to be a long shot but at least its not totally dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Adamantium wrote: »
    I really like that guy. Grounded as hell, straight edge.
    Yeah, but from the looks of him he really needs some sleep.

Seems if there is to be a sequel it may take a while to get one. TV series would be great too though.

Always going to be a long shot but at least its not totally dead.

HBO should try getting into sci-fi; Dredd is not even high science-fiction in the way that Game of Thrones is low fantasy. (which I imagine on the surface looked a bigger risk)

So it wouldn't be the biggest risk.

Then again we'll probably get a free roam videogame, which would be OK too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Adamantium wrote: »
    HBO should try getting into sci-fi; Dredd is not even high science-fiction in the way that Game of Thrones is low fantasy. (which I imagine on the surface looked a bigger risk)

So it wouldn't be the biggest risk.

Then again we'll probably get a free roam videogame, which would be OK too

Rebellion own the Dredd and 2000AD licence. They made Rogue Trooper into a videogame which i ****in loved even tho it wasnt that good (rogue my favourite 200ad character).

They dont make good games anymore.

Dont get too excited but it does seem there is an idea in place for the next story if they do the sequel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=107262#ooi6JiavhWlkgLSu.99

• Registered Users Posts: 60,355 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Dredd’ EP Adi Shankar Reveals ‘Dark Judges’ Miniseries Coming Soon Online
    Shankar has spent the last two years creating a top-secret “Dredd” miniseries centering on the Dark Judges to thank the loyal fans who passionately supported the feature.

Shankar told TheWrap that the project will be released online later this month — and the best part — it will be free.

http://www.thewrap.com/dredd-ep-adi-shankar-reveals-dark-judges-miniseries-coming-soon-online/

A small bit about Dredd from Karl Urban. Starts around 1.45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

IF it doesn't have Boing™ in it, I'm not interested...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It was also stated in the comics that he has undergone rejuve treatments a few times, after dead man for instance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Please make this happen, what a great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks like there won't ever be a sequel :(

Source
    But if there is going to be a sequel, it's not going to be me and the team of people who worked on the previous film, it's going to be another bunch of people. And good luck to them, and I hope it happens. I really do. I hope they do a better job than we did

ec9d3bebqtbxyaw2ihpn.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

god damn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I blame the marketing team fumbling that one, I thought they made the film atrocious-looking and braindead in it's campaign on top of locking it down to being a 3D-only release around the time people were getting very tired of the format.

I only went to see it because I unexpectedly saw all these great reviews for it and people's feedback where I ended up loving it, hell even the 3D was decently applied and served a good purpose during the drug scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

389497.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Nooooooooooooo!!!! :(
    @digiwombat Not true, sadly. The reports from that show seem to be jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

https://twitter.com/2000AD/status/745260121966714880

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement