Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toastedpickles Saab 9-5 2.3t SE build

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Again with the little things, found courtesy lights under the doors today, also fitted new flat blade wipers and my fire extinguisher :)

Pictures of above mentioned items

Wipers

2mhu42d.jpg

Courtesy lights

3013cpl.jpg

Fire extinguisher

20qhvk9.jpg

I also fixed my dodgy number plate holder, for this i took a drill and drilled into the plastic screw stuck in the slot some more, screwed in the screw for the holder and there you go :)

70hm3d.jpg

And I know a few here will thank me for this :P

2s01pw8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i hope that those are not streaks wiper blades left very fine lines or cheap blades.
    i saw another scrapped saab convertible in south side auto spares,green also.
    a very nice bit of effort of love been put into this car.

greasepalm wrote: »
    i hope that those are not streaks wiper blades left very fine lines or cheap blades.
    i saw another scrapped saab convertible in south side auto spares,green also.
    a very nice bit of effort of love been put into this car.

Ah no it's just the way the water was settling i just wiped it actually, I've yet to see another green saab, it makes me feel very special :P

Also thank you, I've always wanted one of these, and now that I have one I plan on looking after it

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Just read this thread with great interest! They are a great car! I have a 00 SE estate and an 02 vert and in 5 years the only time they have let me down has been the DI cassettes! Sadly I'm dumping the estate as the fuel consumption around town is horrendous, and have replaced it with a Peugeot 407SW diesel! Will miss the Saab which is sitting in the driveway looking forlorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

93Cab wrote: »
    Just read this thread with great interest! They are a great car! I have a 00 SE estate and an 02 vert and in 5 years the only time they have let me down has been the DI cassettes! Sadly I'm dumping the estate as the fuel consumption around town is horrendous, and have replaced it with a Peugeot 407SW diesel! Will miss the Saab which is sitting in the driveway looking forlorn!

Jaysus don't be tellin' mr pickles that! Poor chap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

New, better turbo, the ones from the aero models

annnnnd a remap, once i get money to get to england

Nice thread, for some reason only saw it now. No need to go to England for a remap. T7suite, combiadapter (read more from ecuproject and trionictuning) is the way to go.

So nothing major to report, I got the engine cleaned up by my mechanic and it turned out the leaking gearbox was down to a missing nut :rolleyes:

New nut in, and it hasn't appeared since, although he said just to be wary, done an oil change and all is well :)

Today I gave the car a complete going over, washed, detarred, clayed, polished, and waxed it, I ran out of wax :( have to say it looks fairly serious now
    Tomorrows the interior and wheels, and then it should be ready for the meet on friday :) For the time being I'm just enjoying having the car

Not something I have done, but something I will probably be getting around to in the future, the air con system, got a heap of codes from another forum so I'm leaving them here, to check which i get and so on

Press Auto and Off to view codes. Below is a list of what the codes stand for: GOOD LUCK

01 ACC internal fault
    02 cabin temp sensor
    03 solar sensor
    04 left mixed air temp sensor
    05 right mixed air temp sensor
    06 left blend door
    07 left blend door
    08 left blend door
    09 right blend door
    10 right blend door
    11 right blend door
    12 air distribution motor
    13 air distribution motor
    14 air distribution motor
    18 heater valve solenoid
    19 heater circulation pump
    20 control circuit blower check fan control
    21 Recalculate motor
    22 Reflash per SB 271-2206
    23 control module sensor ground missing

Not much of an update but anyways

I've done absolute 0 with the car lately, because there is absolutely 0 things that need to be done

I washed it today, that's about it, I'm saving up for a nice little bundle for it though, so by the end of next month i should have it all in order, the 900 has most of my time now, but I won't neglect this car either, once funds pick up again it'l be back on track

we had a uk saab 93 up on ramp for flexy ex issue and car should not have been on road due to rust on metal brake pipes nct would have loved this one lol.salt and rust go together in uk bought cars.

• Advertisement

Arise thread!!

So after a bit of good news today I'll be coming into some money soon so i'm sticking a list of what i hope to get for the 9-5

Lets starts shall we :D

fuel line retainer

Oil+water lines for turbo

Left & right blend doors for air con

Cabin temp sensor

T7 ecu

A radiator

A new turbo ;)

Front subframe polybushes

LED the interior

New oil pressure switch

SID Bulbs

SID Repair

A dashcam

And various other little bits and bobs as i go along, but that's the main list as it stands now!

what no fridge to keep your tinnies cool at speed ,thats some list.

No time for a fridge, Once i get most of that then its almost complete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Is the turbo your getting going to be new or used?

never mind I hadnt finished reading your post

Is the turbo your getting going to be new or used?

never mind I hadnt finished reading your post

If i can get a new one i will, if not I'll get a used one and get it rebuilt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Only reason I ask is if your getting a new turbo you might be able to get the oil and water lines as part of the deal and save a few quid.

Only reason I ask is if your getting a new turbo you might be able to get the oil and water lines as part of the deal and save a few quid.

I might yeah, that would be nice if i did, I've a few bits for the 900 too after that, I'm fcuking off somewhere for a holiday, again :pac:

A few tips if I may! The link you posted for SID bulbs does a complete repair service with a lifetime warranty for £55. I think his name is Simon de Gare Pitt! If you go on UK Saabs theres a guy under trade services called Ifteixera who will supply a remapped ECU tailored for your car for £90 delivered ! You only have to give him your ECU details and you don't have to send him your own ECU.

93Cab wrote: »
    A few tips if I may! The link you posted for SID bulbs does a complete repair service with a lifetime warranty for £55. I think his name is Simon de Gare Pitt! If you go on UK Saabs theres a guy under trade services called Ifteixera who will supply a remapped ECU tailored for your car for £90 delivered ! You only have to give him your ECU details and you don't have to send him your own ECU.

Hi there! Yeah i was chatting to the ecu guy, but i have the remap sorted out, a fellow boardsie has offered to help :)

As for the sid repair, I may look into that!

Teeny weeny update, fitted an led light in the centre piece today
    I can also confirm, it's fecking bright :pac:

aw4wmw.jpg

• Advertisement

wow even shows how bright it is outside,no expense to far,looking very nice.

greasepalm wrote: »
    wow even shows how bright it is outside,no expense to far,looking very nice.

Might go get a picture now actually, i found it in an old press i had in a shed, fitted it to see if it still worked, it did so it stays

Next few days should see most of that list being bought though :D

Arise thread!!

So after a bit of good news today I'll be coming into some money soon so i'm sticking a list of what i hope to get for the 9-5

Lets starts shall we :D

fuel line retainer

Oil+water lines for turbo

Left & right blend doors for air con

Cabin temp sensor

T7 ecu

A radiator

A new turbo ;)

Front subframe polybushes

LED the interior

New oil pressure switch

SID Bulbs

SID Repair

A dashcam

And various other little bits and bobs as i go along, but that's the main list as it stands now!

So the struck out bits are what I managed to acquire today, along with three months tax, an air con regas, door rollers for the driver side window and other small things

The unstruck things

The turbo is too expensive, for now, anyone I've rang with one wants around 300 euro

The shop i was going to buy the ecu off ran out of them :rolleyes:

Polybush guy never got back to me

I'll repair the sid myself

Blend doors were 60 euro for two so that can wait

fuel line retainer was sold, or so they told me

Going to chance my arm and see if i can get a rad soon too off someone for cheap, get it recored then

So stay tuned!

Stuff arriving tomorrow so hopefully i can get it all done, 900 is getting a bit or rust treatment so no point showing it...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Fair fecks to ya for keeping 2 on the go, I get pissed off taking stupid wheels off a car :pac:

Fair fecks to ya for keeping 2 on the go, I get pissed off taking stupid wheels off a car :pac:

Thank ya, it's a strange situation, where one has cost a lot to work on, the other not so much, the 900 is fun to work on to be honest, but its tedious at best, the 9-5 is an absolute **** ******** **** ****** ****** **** **** ******* to work on, on a good day :pac:

But i love it too much

So a few little bits arrived today

Got the footwell lights and other lights changed to leds, I'll get a night shot later on but this will do now

2mnkkk2.jpg

Next on this list was replacing these guys, invested in gloves too because im sick of getting my hands covered in crap

24lssie.jpg

Anyways, one of these was broken on the drivers side and the window would rattle so i decided to get a set for 5 euro delivered and all

So onto business!

You'l need the following

A T27 bit
    2 small screwdrivers
    A wide flathead screwdriver
    The window rollers

So start by prying away the top bit of trim with the flathead, get as close the pins as possible so you don't break them

2bwi93.jpg

Then disconnect the electric mirrors

jfzsk7.jpg

Then get your small screwdriver, smaller the better it seems and pry out these guys one in the door handle and two on the door handle, each is shaped differently so you can't not get it wrong

1zg6vrq.jpg

Take your 27 bit and undo the three screws
    With the first screw the door release comes away so be ready for it

14b823d.jpg

Don't forget your switches and your light on the bottom lable these and push them out towards you

rlkg80.jpg

Then get your big screwdriver and pry the doorcard off working in a u shape and this is what greets you when you get the card off

9uvs76.jpg

Then gently peel this membrane back and you have access to the inside of the door

112bv9s.jpg

Disconnect the window from the frame and gently push it out through the top, a bit of persuasion is needed to get the rear piece out though, once its out, remove the metal clips off the broken roller/s with a screwdriver and check of any damage then roll the rollers out!

29wn8uh.jpg

The culprit

2evu6j4.jpg

Fit in the window back in and then fit in the new rollers, once everything is in, turn on the car and do a little test run, once everything seems good, stick back in the metal clips

2afx0u8.jpg

One final test and all is well

29upsvn.jpg

Then just reassemble everything back up and call it a job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Run off now lad and get us some dark pics :D

Run off now lad and get us some dark pics :D

Completely forgot about this, I can't set up night photos at all but this is as good as it'l get

Similar in the back too

28hdh09.jpg

• Advertisement

There is a guy on UK Saabs selling a TD-04 turbo with all the pipes for £120! He's a bit of a header, but I'd trust him. Look in the parts for sale section!

Advertisement