Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed V

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kotaku has some rumours regarding the PS3/360 Assassin's Creed game they say is coming this year. They say it will be set in North America and there will be plenty of sailing. The interesting element is that they say you will be playing as a Templar.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Hopefully we will get some information on the PS3/360 game soon. I honestly can't see them calling the other game AC V though. They wouldn't go to the next numerical sequel on the older machines.

Starring a Templar set in New York in a similar time period to AC3 with nautical missions. Serious lack of thought going into these games at this stage. Don't see myself going back to this series again which is a real pity as the earlier games were so good (AC2 remains one of my all time favourite games). Just seems like. The yearly updates have ruined the series.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

nullzero wrote: »
    Starring a Templar set in New York in a similar time period to AC3 with nautical missions. Serious lack of thought going into these games at this stage. Don't see myself going back to this series again which is a real pity as the earlier games were so good (AC2 remains one of my all time favourite games). Just seems like. The yearly updates have ruined the series.

You might be surprised with ACIV if you haven't played it. It has a totally different environment than ACIII and feels pretty fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You might be surprised with ACIV if you haven't played it. It has a totally different environment than ACIII and feels pretty fresh.

I think he means how its set in new york period
    basicly the same stuff that has been done already

theirs so many other time periods too choose from but yet they want too stick it back too been in new york america? I mean come on

I'd love too the an asian time period such as samuri or china and their dynastys plenty of assassins in them time periods, I am sure they could find a way too put their story into it.
    but new york, america that same old time period again? only this time your a templer? as if that would change the setting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I think he means how its set in new york period
    basicly the same stuff that has been done already

theirs so many other time periods too choose from but yet they want too stick it back too been in new york america? I mean come on

I'd love too the an asian time period such as samuri or china and their dynastys plenty of assassins in them time periods, I am sure they could find a way too put their story into it.
    but new york, america that same old time period again? only this time your a templer? as if that would change the setting :pac:

Bang on the money.
    They have all of history to play with and they keep going back to the same time period. The Renaissance setting of AC2 was pretty left field after the first game, now they seem content just plodding along doing the same old thing.

AC3 cost me a lot of money and I felt ripped off by the experience. When I spend 50-60 quid on a game that has a Rockstar of Kojima productions logo on the box I know my money will be well spent. Most likely due to the fact that those companies aren't rushing out annual updates of their franchises to maximise yearly profits without giving a thought to how it dilutes the series in question.

Maybe.I would like black flag if I gave it a chance but AC3 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I would struggle to justify spending money on an AC game on release again.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Kotaku has some rumours regarding the PS3/360 Assassin's Creed game they say is coming this year. They say it will be set in North America and there will be plenty of sailing. The interesting element is that they say you will be playing as a Templar.

Source

Chance to see Haytham Kenway and old man Adewalé in the same room could be interesting...

Disappointing that Comet looks like a recycling of III/Black Flag's assets as the comment on Kotaku says.

Advertisement