Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

col212 wrote: »
    How long do you have to complete online learning, I'm waiting to get mine and considering booking a holiday in next few days, this shouldn't be a problem? Appreciate any advice!

At same stage as you but if I remember correctly it's 25 hours of material in 4 weeks. Thought we'd have it by now lol perhaps when latest batch of pca is complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Dekkers wrote: »
    At same stage as you but if I remember correctly it's 25 hours of material in 4 weeks. Thought we'd have it by now lol perhaps when latest batch of pca is complete!

Cheers dekkers

Are you reapplying dekkers?

Are you reapplying dekkers?

Yeah I had already reapplied before passing pca. Med pass/fail I'll be withdrawing from 2014 campaign either way now I guess.

Think it's a good idea to reapply regardless of what stage you're at. There's no telling what could happen!

No sign of this yet folks?

I'm off all week and was hoping to crack on with it!

• Advertisement

No sign of this yet folks?

I'm off all week and was hoping to crack on with it!

Nout for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

New to this forum but been watching posts here since I passed my AC.

Passed my PCA recently on the earlier day of sessions.

Anyone any idea when we should get access to online learning? It seems like a long time coming through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I think it was within the week I got my on line learning after passing PCA. Oh and I forgot my friend is in one of the videos. He got a bit embarrassed when I asked him lol.

It's been over a week now since the PCA and I thought I would have got something.
    The further through this process I get the more impatient I am becoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

JMcClane wrote: »
    It's been over a week now since the PCA and I thought I would have got something.
    The further through this process I get the more impatient I am becoming.

Just wait till you've passed everything and are sat twiddling your thumbs, then you'll truly know impatience! :P lol congrats on passing the PCA and enjoy the online learning when you get your mitts on it, it's interesting stuff.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dutch.

Fingers crossed I'm fortunate enough to get that far and congratulations on your success so far. Hopefully you will get "the call" soon.

Really eager to get stuck in to the online learning. If anything as a distraction from all this waiting.

Thanks Dutch.

Fingers crossed I'm fortunate enough to get that far and congratulations on your success so far. Hopefully you will get "the call" soon.

Really eager to get stuck in to the online learning. If anything as a distraction from all this waiting.

I am in the same boat as you, thought it would be through by now. Noticed on experian th at I was checked on 9 June.

I am in the same boat as you, thought it would be through by now. Noticed on experian th at I was checked on 9 June.

Haven't looked to see if my credit history has been checked. When did you do your PCA col212

Haven't looked to see if my credit history has been checked. When did you do your PCA col212

16 June, medical in few weeks time, let the waiting begin! What about you?

16 June, medical in few weeks time, let the waiting begin! What about you?

Same date what session where you?

Same date what session where you?

Middle one

Middle one

Same as me. Congratulations on passing. We we're probably chatting at some stage.
    I'm hoping the online learning opens for us early next week. I need something to take my mind off this waiting around.

Same as me. Congratulations on passing. We we're probably chatting at some stage.
    I'm hoping the online learning opens for us early next week. I need something to take my mind off this waiting around.

Lol nice one, yes we probably were, for what it's worth I was wearing a sky blue t shirt and navy shorts but if that means anything to you, your observation skills are already great lol, thought it was a nice bunch in with us.

Yeah I think i know who you are. You went before me in fact.

Yeah I think i know who you are. You went before me in fact.

Lol yes I remember you, your surname is quite similar to mine i think!

• Advertisement

Lol yes I remember you, your surname is quite similar to mine i think!

Yeah you got it. Seemed like a good bunch of people there. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. Hopefully we'll get to meet them again soon.

Fingers crossed we'll get access to online learning on Monday. Between that and the World Cup there should be enough to keep us occupied until the medical.

Serves us right for expecting this within a few days like previous candidates. There is no pattern. We will learn yet haha

I'm hopeful it will come tomorrow.

If not going to get back into my training again. I've went from training five days a week towards the PCA to two times a week now that it's passed. Can't let the fitness levels slip.

I'm hopeful it will come tomorrow.

If not going to get back into my training again. I've went from training five days a week towards the PCA to two times a week now that it's passed. Can't let the fitness levels slip.

Yeah good plan!

I might leave online learning til after medical in any case.

You long to wait for yours?

Yeah good plan!

I might leave online learning til after medical in any case.

You long to wait for yours?

Few weeks away. How about you?

I'm hoping that if all goes well with my medical and vetting I could get a call In August. That's maybe wishful thinking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Just received my online learning link! Getting real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Ive said it a few times before, online learning will make you want the job even more :)

I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Got the link e-mail at lunchtime as well. Opens on Friday so busy from then on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Totally agree with chuck. It's quite more-ish but then I'm a bit if a study freak lol!!! Just remember to allow pop-ups or the videos won't blooming run! Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Here here. Online learning made me want the job even more! I found it really interesting. The knowledge checks you tick yourself when finished. That has caused some confusion..for me anyhow :)

Advertisement