Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free Google nexus 5 - £240 delivered at Carphone warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

I think its the cc billing address they have an issue with and not the delivery address.
    Pm billing address being rejected by our banks. Anyone ever had success calling the bank and getting them to add pm as a valid billing address?

I've seen on some other threads here lately people having PM added by bank to their C-card successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Invincible wrote: »
    I've seen on some other threads here lately people having PM added by bank to their C-card successfully.

I don't think that's the problem, the credit cards are not being declined, its just cpw not allowing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I don't think that's the problem, the credit cards are not being declined, its just cpw not allowing it.

I would imagine its simialar to Currys/PC World. They all have Irish branches and will not compete with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I have Parcel Motel added as a permitted billing address on my Credit Card and it works fine for most situations.

The issue is with Carphone Warehouse not delivering to forwarding address. Speaking to them on the phone, they told me that DPD - their courier - will not deliver to Parcel Motels.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Must be a new thing not delivering to parcel motel. I got my nexus 5 from them before Christmas.

• Advertisement

I can never get through to the Newry store when I call them. It just says due to high call volume, my call cannot be answered. This has happened me Tuesday, Wednesday and Today. Anyone else ever get through to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

I placed an order online this morning and according to the guy on the phone it has been sent to picking. When DPD see the address as parcel motel they may cancel it but so far so good.

I used a Tesco credit card and I entered my mobile number as 077xxxxxxx
    instead of 087xxxxxxx (which it would not accept). I have also made sure the parcel motel address is set up as a billing address on my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Going to Manchester tomorrow, but stock looks like it is rapidly disappearing everywhere, it looks like I will be a day too late

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Going to Manchester tomorrow, but stock looks like it is rapidly disappearing everywhere, it looks like I will be a day too late

I'd say you will have no trouble finding one in Manchester to be fair man....

If your gonna be there a few days and can't get it from CPW, order it from Play Store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Got one on Monday when I was in the UK. Went in at lunch and the sales assistance said there was a few others in that morning getting them.

• Advertisement

Anybody any idea what the stock is like in Newry? Going to head up Saturday morning but don't want it to be a wasted journey. Bloody shop won't answer their phone :mad:

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Anybody any idea what the stock is like in Newry? Going to head up Saturday morning but don't want it to be a wasted journey. Bloody shop won't answer their phone :mad:

There's a stock check on the website. Check stock near you on the right under the price.
    And only one of the Manchester shops has one. Could be tight. People on HUKD were sayin they were £250 in the shops too, can anyone who went to Newry confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

I got one in Newry on Tuesday last I think there was still 2 left and i paid £240.
    Nice phone so far though still getting used to new layout.

There's a stock check on the website. Check stock near you on the right under the price.
    And only one of the Manchester shops has one. Could be tight. People on HUKD were sayin they were £250 in the shops too, can anyone who went to Newry confirm?

Thanks for this, but just to add, it's not entirely accurate.

i.e. it says the Newry shop has none, but I eventually got through and was told they had 4 black, and none of the white or red. You can order them in, but you have to do it in-store as you have to pay up front.

Think I'll hold off, I'm due an upgrade in 5 months anyway!

Back to £284 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Back to £284 now

Had finally decided to sell my iphone for this when the price went up, damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

I tried ringing the store a few times during the week before I headed up on the Saturday. It always cut off after a few minutes, suggesting to try another time. Very frustrating.

I did use the stock check to confirm that the store actually had stock (black only) before driving to them. When I arrived at the store I asked after the red and white and he confirmed that they did not have any.

They did ask for a UK address (starting with the postcode) when paying at the till, but I was able to give them my parent's address in the North. Could have just just have easily given them my Parcel Motel address, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

Just checking the CPW website for curiosity, and I am struggling to find a store in the North with any stock now. Also, threw in a few random postcodes for central Liverpool, Manchester and London, and also finding the same lack of stock...

No longer SIM Free???

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    No longer SIM Free???

It looks like that from the CPW site; pay monthly seem to be the only option.

I ordered a N5 on the 22 Feb, got a confirmation email but no cancellation email and no reply to query about the status of the order. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Exce11ent

I picked up one black 16gb Sim free at weekend, great spec on it but only realised when I got home it has no FM radio.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

Exce11ent wrote: »
    I picked up one black 16gb Sim free at weekend, great spec on it but only realised when I got home it has no FM radio.....

Which shop you get it from at the weekend. I looked in Enniskillen and it was 284 on sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Exce11ent

Newry, pity, because I use the radio a lot and the radio apps use a lot of data... Will keep looking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

Exce11ent wrote: »
    Newry, pity, because I use the radio a lot and the radio apps use a lot of data... Will keep looking.....

Im sure there are a few here who would pay the 240£ for the phone of you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bren4q

eglobalcentral.eu knocked €8 off the price of the Nexus 5 as part of a Spring sale so you can currently get it for €322 there.

I ordered one just now and since there is also a St. Patrick's weekend deal going, any orders made this weekend entitles you to €10 off your next purchase on the site. I expected to get a unique discount code by email but turns out it is a generic one that I presume can be used multiple times. Crap thing is, to use the discount code the minimum order value has to be €300 and I don't plan on spending another €300 too soon! I figured someone here could use it to save another tenner if buying a Nexus 5. Maybe the code only works on my account but it looks like it can be used by others.

Code: SPDSAV10

With the €8 Spring sale and the €10 coupon you can get a Nexus 5 for €312.

Maybe the code only works on my account but it looks like it can be used by others. I'd be curious to hear back if it works. Even if it doesn't, €322 would still be a decent price for the Nexus.

It is my first time ordering from eglobalcentral.eu but opinions on them from people elsewhere on boards are that they are reliable and there have been no extra customs/VAT charges.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lyrad

Nexus 5 Sim Free now available in Google Play Ireland store, 349/399 EUR:
    https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Just a note about Amazon, if you happen to buy from there make sure it's a european model and check it when you get it. If it turns out to be from china or somewhere else that means it will have to be sent back there should you have any problems with your phone as the warranty will be for the region.

Same goes for any similar electronic device really, just make sure a third party seller isn't doing you over.

Edit: The one linked above is a UK model...would expect it to be when the phone is registered for warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Google just added devices to the Play store for Ireland. Nexus 5 16Gb for €349. Sorry to all those who just bought them in Newry, like I just did.

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

RunDMC wrote: »
    Google just added devices to the Play store for Ireland. Nexus 5 16Gb for €349. Sorry to all those who just bought them in Newry, like I just did.

R

Ordered mine for collection at Carphone Warehouse in UK (will be over there for w/e anyway). Pity I didn't see this when it was £249.

Advertisement