Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hogans back, its official.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Host role is perfect cos he could do all his usual schtick but could also fill so many other roles in this position for example:

he could...

replace the usual celeb concert interval
    Hulk-Hogan-Dramitization.gif

he could work security
    tumblr_mgmzvmYJn21qg39ewo1_500.gif

prove how up to date he is with pop culture references
    gif-miley-cyrus-celebrities-hulk-hogan-904964.gif

Introduce the HOF class whom he knows so well
    tumblr_m0omdqDoG71qc91k6o1_400.gif

Perform Magic tricks
    tumblr_msjagepS5n1s9b0l1o1_400.gif

Play catch with the young members of the WWE universe
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26741-1365172258-0.gif

teach the fans the infamous hulk hogan backstroke
    14mz66e.gif

or umm DJ?
    h532A8B2A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

rovert wrote: »
    Hulk is on the active roster section of WWE.com and not the Legends section!!!

my1bN0vl.jpg

nWo with Hogan, Swagger, Sin Cara, Hornswoggle and Slater make it happen WWE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Forgot this:
    hogan2_zps947a661e.gif

PWInsider:
    As Dave Scherer noted yesterday, TMZ.com featured photos of Hulk Hogan at the WWE Performance Center.

Hogan was there for a short time and worked out a little. For those who were wondering, Hogan did not step foot inside the rings, but did tour the facility and work out for a bit.

Sami Zayn didn't take the Big Boot sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

Glad to see him back where he belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE ruined Hogan's comeback by revealing it too early (Then again in the age of social media it's hard trying to keep anything under wraps and word of Hogan's return would've leaked eventually.). I think WWE should've kept Hogan's return in-house until Monday Night's Raw. And now that everybody and their mother knows he's back, it's kinda ruined the surprise

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    WWE ruined Hogan's comeback by revealing it too early (Then again in the age of social media it's hard trying to keep anything under wraps and word of Hogan's return would've leaked eventually.). I think WWE should've kept Hogan's return in-house until Monday Night's Raw. And now that everybody and their mother knows he's back, it's kinda ruined the surprise

I don't think they have social media went crazy and the Associated Press picked the story up. Monday is all about having as many eyeballs on the story as possible for WWE Network day/Wrestlemania season.

Surprises are very overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

rovert wrote: »
    Surprises are very overrated.

I think that Mick Foley's first WWE Championship win is proof of that. Turning point in the Monday Night War after Bischoff shared the news on Nitro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Really they should've announced Hogan on Raw last Monday.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Look back over TNA from January 2010 to late 2013. Hulk Hogan's (and Eric Bischoff) finger prints are all over every single negative thing they did. He took a stable company that was taking small steps and brought it to the brink of going out of business. He managed to cut the rating in half in less than six months.

It is scary that every single decision Hogan and Bischoff made was a complete failure. If the last four years proved anything it's how totally out of touch those two are with wrestling these days, and how Hogan while being a master at getting himself over has no idea how to get anybody else over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Will Hogan knows best be on the WWE Network?
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think WWE has felt like it's lacked a bit of star power. With Hogan back, hopefully Taker in a few weeks, Brock as well, things will pick up I trust.

Not sure about the host role though. I thought it was pretty lame when Rock did it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it sad that the 1st thing that came into my mind when i heard about Hogan's return was yaaaay i can finally get a proper Mattel Figure of him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

GTR63 wrote: »
    When are WWE ever going to stop bringing back names from the past?

never... this is the same company that brought back an immobile andre in 1987 to mainevent mania, brought back slaughter in 1991 to mainevent mania, brought back hogan in 1993 after he retired to win title at mania 9, brought back warrior in 1996 to go over a rising star, brought back hogan again in 2002

wrestling fans are incredibly nostalgic and love to see older stars return and vince plays to that nostalgia really well. in 10 years time cena will be a name from the past that wrestling fans want to see and the cycle continues.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »

why they hell would you not tell people hogan is returning after 7 years? surprises are all well and good but if nobody is expecting the surprise then nobody will be watching. personally if it was me i would have been advertising hogans returning every 5 minutes for the last month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

rossie1977 wrote: »

why they hell would you not tell people hogan is returning after 7 years? surprises are all well and good but if nobody is expecting the surprise then nobody will be watching. personally if it was me i would have been advertising hogans returning every 5 minutes for the last month.
    And thus make everyone sick of Hogan before he even shows up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It worked so well for Batista :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It worked so well for Batista :pac:

there was over 6 million watching raw at the moment batista walked out that night and thats dave batista who has been away barely half the time.

it should be in wwe's best interest to have the most sets of eyes on raw this monday night with the launch of the network.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1948186_466189960177066_1699918844_n.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Same as RVD unfortunately.

From "LOL RVD, he sucks." to "OMG RVD IS THE BESTEST!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying WWE are getting the TNA rejects? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would love him to come out to Voodoo Child or him Hall and Nash to do a NWO reunion on Monday, if he comes out to Real American the only choice is to have Swagger and Zeb crash his comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Used to be an avid wrestling fan, kind of fell out of love with it to the point of being unfamiliar with most of today's roster. Read today that Hogan returned - what's the general consensus among smarks re: Hogan? And what's he supposedly like off camera? Are people happy he's back, albeit in whatever role he's in? And what is his relationship with Vince like since he left for WCW all those years ago?

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Used to be an avid wrestling fan, kind of fell out of love with it to the point of being unfamiliar with most of today's roster. Read today that Hogan returned - what's the general consensus among smarks re: Hogan? And what's he supposedly like off camera? Are people happy he's back, albeit in whatever role he's in? And what is his relationship with Vince like since he left for WCW all those years ago?

He's a cancer that should have been removed many years ago. It's sickening that people actually wanted to see him back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

He's a cancer that should have been removed many years ago. It's sickening that people actually wanted to see him back again.

Vince has decided to inject the WWE with a lethal dose of poison!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Does him not carrying a form of art from the dark ages to the heights we see today not stand for him.

He was absolutely pivotal in helping two brands become global successes. While his return in 2002 will always be fondly remembered by myself.

Sure his TNA stint sucked and he was a dick throughout his life, but the man deserves credit and respect, and it always great to see him in limited capacity

Sirsok wrote: »
    Does him not carrying a form of art from the dark ages to the heights we see today not stand for him.

He was absolutely pivotal in helping two brands become global successes. While his return in 2002 will always be fondly remembered by myself.

Sure his TNA stint sucked and he was a dick throughout his life, but the man deserves credit and respect, and it always great to see him in limited capacity

Had he retired 15 years ago, sure. But since then he has put WCW out of business and almost put TNA out of business due to his own greed and selfishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Vince has decided to inject the WWE with a lethal dose of poison!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Jesus,what a ridiculous smarky comment.

How is it sickening that people still want to see their childhood hero back in the WWE for the first time in nearly a decade?A man that has literally destroyed his body for the wrestling business, and who was responsible for putting the WWF on the map in the 80's,and a great deal responsible in igniting the much fabled Monday night wars that led to unprecedented success for the wrestling industry as a whole.

Hogan didn't destroy WCW either,he signed the (ridiculous) contracts that were offered to him by Bischoff and approved by Turner,just like anyone else in his position would have done.Bischoff's out of control spending,lack of accountability and failure to adapt to changing times killed WCW.As well as the merger with AOL.

TNA did a fine job of pissing away any possible hope of competing with the WWE long before Hogan arrived,and again he didn't sign himself to a TNA contract,Dixie Carter did.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

1294364_673157612703843_1882494883_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Regarding Hogan, the way people are talking you would swear he was taking up 15 minutes of a one hour show.

Raw is now four hours long including preshow and postshow, Hogan come in for ten minutes for a bit of a nostalgia pop and to plug the network and WrestleMania. It's not a big deal. It's just a bit of fun, no need to get worked up about it.

Smarks were saying he was too old when he left WWE 20 years ago. He then reinvented himself with the NWO. Then they were saying he was way too old when he came back to WWE over 12 years ago, then he had one of the most famous matches of all time against The Rock.

I am quite negative about WWE depending on so many old guys for WrestleMania, New Age Outlaws, Goldust, Triple H, Batista, not gonna be negative about Taker and Lesnar, but combined with all the other old guys its too much. That said, Hogan is doing it the right way. Not taking up a main event slot but doing a bit of promotion for the company, probably a few lighthearted scenes backstage; not something to get worked up about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

But since then he has put WCW out of business and almost put TNA out of business due to his own greed and selfishness.

Care to elaborate on what that is? Genuinely curious.

Advertisement