Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hogans back, its official.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

You beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Jesus wept.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

"His red and yellow boots have not touched a mat since December 2007, but that will change this Monday night."

:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hosting makes the most sense for him. Will allay some of the fears some people will have with regards him too (ie Wrestling)

I didn't mention it on the podcast (as we were already going long) but I still hold out hope that if they are going to use him for any angle it might be the Cesaro turning face one as for me having him involved with "The Real Americans" just makes too much sense for it to be ignored and Cesaro is going face at some point. I almost hope it doesent happen as The Rhodes bros look set to break up soon and the PTPs just did but if it does Hogan encouraging him to drop Zeb & Swaggers influence would make sense (and see Hogan away from the upper end of the card).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Are there odds on how quickly he'll go into business for himself?

• Advertisement

BhByen0CQAAb_rU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

rovert wrote: »
    :p

Did he wear red and yellow boots in any of his TNA or Australia matches. They might technically be right.

Jamie OD wrote: »
    Did he wear red and yellow boots in any of his TNA or Australia matches. They might technically be right.

flair-vs-hogan.jpg

^^ that obviously never happened Hogan hasnt wrestled since 07 and Flair is retired!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know I hate his politics and all that...

...but when his music hits, I will mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

^^ that obviously never happened Hogan hasnt wrestled since 07 and Flair is retired!

Ya exactly flairs retired.. That was the main event on Nitro in 95 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Never been a fan of Hogan even when I was younger during his pomp, always felt cheesy even then. So not that pumped about this cause you know he be involved in some storyline getting his old ass over instead of the young stars. Keep him away from any match or getting in to a wrestling match, let him flex for a few minutes and Brother this and that backstage, leave the action to the guy's who all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Meh. For me no more gas in the tank to have any sort of marking for Hogan anymore. The Rock match was great intensity but only so much you can see someone before he stops being a spectacle. He's still Hogan so he'll get a reaction, but hopefully he stays away from anything of substance at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hopefully he makes a decent cheque for his time and retires for good after Mania. He's a legend in the wrestling business and nobody can ever take that away from him. He built up enough credit to write off the TNA flop, in years to come I bet it will hardly feature when wrestling historians write about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Hogan knows best

Hulk is on the active roster section of WWE.com and not the Legends section!!!

my1bN0vl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

He's hosting? Totally called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

So he will basically interrupt a promo from zeb coulter and the real Americans and say that he is a real American. He can't leg drop anymore so will just clear ring and pose. Toilet break for mania sorted

rovert wrote: »
    Hulk is on the active roster section of WWE.com and not the Legends section!!!

my1bN0vl.jpg

all depends on your definition of active though i'd say he will be just as active as little hornswaggle beside him... actually Horny can move around quite spritely now that I think of it but neither better appear as an "active" participant in a match at Mania or I wont be too happy. the manager/cheerleader role w/Cesaro I outlined above is about as active as id be happy with him being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hogan's entrance is more entertaining than most of the roster combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He built up enough credit to write off the TNA flop, in years to come I bet it will hardly feature when wrestling historians write about him.

It absolutely will be mentioned. He pretty much brought the company to it's knees during his time there. In late 2009 TNA had a tonne of potential again and looked like they were just a little away from getting it going again. By March 2010 that was all gone. That's not the kind of thing that gets forgotten about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Eh Hogan was hired by TNA. They chose to hire him. Any issues that happened are the fault of the people who brought him in.

Anyhow good to see he will be back for Mania 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

there be some pop for him this monday brother :D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Eh Hogan was hired by TNA. They chose to hire him. Any issues that happened are the fault of the people who brought him in.

Anyhow good to see he will be back for Mania 30.

So Hogan is completely blameless despite the fact he was the one pretty much running things? Bullshit of the highest order. No-one deserves more blame than Hogan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So Hogan is completely blameless despite the fact he was the one pretty much running things? Bullshit of the highest order. No-one deserves more blame than Hogan.

I disagree (With the second part)

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I disagree (With the second part)

Look back over TNA from January 2010 to late 2013. Hulk Hogan's (and Eric Bischoff) finger prints are all over every single negative thing they did. He took a stable company that was taking small steps and brought it to the brink of going out of business. He managed to cut the rating in half in less than six months.

If you build a time machine to go back to 2009 and convince Dixie Carter not to talk with Hogan, TNA are in a far better position right now.

Hogan (and Bischoff) take 100% of the blame.

Look back over TNA from January 2010 to late 2013. Hulk Hogan's (and Eric Bischoff) finger prints are all over every single negative thing they did. He took a stable company that was taking small steps and brought it to the brink of going out of business. He managed to cut the rating in half in less than six months.

If you build a time machine to go back to 2009 and convince Dixie Carter not to talk with Hogan, TNA are in a far better position right now.

Hogan (and Bischoff) take 100% of the blame.

don't think many would disagree with all but the final line there, but some of the blame has to go to the people who allowed him come into the company and change so much for the worse while making a packet for the privilege of doing so (not to mention giving friends and family [Nasty Boys ffs & Brooke for example] jobs for a while).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When are WWE ever going to stop bringing back names from the past?
    Its so obvious to even the most casual viewer they haven't a clue what they're up to long term. At least Hogan won't be wrestling anyway, thats something to grasp to.

don't think many would disagree with all but the final line there, but some of the blame has to go to the people who allowed him come into the company and change so much for the worse while making a packet for the privilege of doing so (not to mention giving friends and family [Nasty Boys ffs & Brooke for example] jobs for a while).

Hogan made promises of breaking the 2.0 mark (think he actually said 3.0 at one stage) in the ratings and Dixie believed him. We all know her faults. She got wooed by Hogan and we know the rest. But, Dixie isnt to blame, she was just too thick to say no to his ideas as he kept convincing her he was doing right.

People complain about Cena not using his position to push other guys, yet Hogan seems to be getting off with what he did over the last four years, not to mention what he did in the past. It's pretty sickening that so many people seem to be looking forward to his return.

• Advertisement

Hogan made promises of breaking the 2.0 mark (think he actually said 3.0 at one stage) in the ratings and Dixie believed him. We all know her faults. She got wooed by Hogan and we know the rest. But, Dixie isnt to blame, she was just too thick to say no to his ideas as he kept convincing her he was doing right.

People complain about Cena not using his position to push other guys, yet Hogan seems to be getting off with what he did over the last four years, not to mention what he did in the past. It's pretty sickening that so many people seem to be looking forward to his return.

I think the difference is that most people think the WWE now know what Hogan is worth and wouldn't even consider giving Hogan anything like he got in the past be that in terms of creative influence or whatever (i'd imagine / hope he is there under their terms not his). If it was another numbered WM I dont think the WWE would have even bothered with the Hulkster but as it is WM XXX having the biggest name associated with Pro wrestling as the host who will no doubt only be involved in a few skits and introduce the HOF class or something similar seems to be a-ok with most, should it become anymore than that im sure they will all be signing from your hymn sheet though.

Advertisement