Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper prescriptions thread [No imports discussion]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

If your medication is not on their list online?

Should i still make the call?

Back touching the €144 a month for two meds that come to €150 ish without the DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I have yet to see any independent study that indicates that this is the case... in fact, said study is conspicuous by its absence.
    I've seen some prices come down in Boots, and big dents from places such as Healthwave etc but not in local pharmacies.

Are there particular medicines you have observed as dropping in price across the board?

As per my post, the price of off-patent medicines has absolutely tumbled and in many cases is now lower in Ireland than in the UK.

Take as an example, rosuvastatin, marketed as Crestor, an enormously successful drug and now off-patent.

A few years ago, the basic price for 28 tablets (20 mg strength) was about €40. Add in mark-up and the patient is paying €60/month.

The basic price is now €11.76 per 28 tablets. There is no more mark-up, just a dispensing fee of about €4, so approx €16/month for the patient.

SOURCE

Compare that price of €11.76 to the UK NHS basic price of £26 (SOURCE) and not only has the price come down signficantly but it's also much lower than the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

If your medication is not on their list online?

Should i still make the call?

Back touching the €144 a month for two meds that come to €150 ish without the DPS.

Yes, yes, yes - and PM me if you want a sign-up code to get a further small discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2007/si/541/made/en/print

Amazing how our legislators conspire against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Yes, yes, yes - and PM me if you want a sign-up code to get a further small discount.

Or PM me for a referral code.

z

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

To remind posters bargain alerts doesn't allow referrals, please read the forum charter before posting.

This thread is to help find savings for subscriptions, not the place for discussing the legal regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Ok signed up this morning on the back of this thread and thanks to a poster for the 'help' with the membership fee.

Hopefully it's as beneficial to me as others. I signed up, just text them and am awaiting a call. How long should i be waiting on a pharmacist to pop out to me?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

I am thinking of registering with healthwave. I would appreciate a referral code if there is one available at all?

Was also wondering how the first order process goes if I don't live near a healthwave pharmacy (which I don't), i.e. is there a charge for a pharmacist to carry out a home visit to collect the prescription before dispensing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

Jenmckm wrote: »
    I am thinking of registering with healthwave. I would appreciate a referral code if there is one available at all?

Was also wondering how the first order process goes if I don't live near a healthwave pharmacy (which I don't), i.e. is there a charge for a pharmacist to carry out a home visit to collect the prescription before dispensing it?

They send a pharmacist to visit - no charge. But you have to call them to arrange it. Took a week for me here in Mayo.
    I'm happy with service (and savings!) so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

brookedave wrote: »
    They send a pharmacist to visit - no charge. But you have to call them to arrange it. Took a week for me here in Mayo.
    I'm happy with service (and savings!) so far.

I've just signed up - thanks for your help. Hopefully it will save me a bit on my prescription charges - I've got quite a few items on my prescription so the dispensing fees alone normally add up.

Advertisement