Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

snaps wrote: »
    what happens if its abandoned? How about the result? Is it done on duckworth lewis?

According to Cricinfo a tie, no result or match abandoned means 1 point each.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Farcical stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

djimi wrote: »
    Hmmm, the result benefits everyone except for Ireland really doesn't it.

Shenanigans?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Now raining according to espn. The cricketing gods must be from zimbabwe

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

absolute joke, "This after asking fertiliser companies to stop production to divert electricity for the cricket," (Cricinfo) really makes you wonder if Bangladesh are able to hold this event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

They just said on sky sports that Ireland have won on DL if it doesnt start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Sky seem to think we will win this if it stays off?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

sky saying it's Duckworth Lewis and Ireland will win

I wonder if the rain brings D/L into play where the power strike wouldnt have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Surely it's a win, that's what happens in twenty twenty there is always a winner.

• Advertisement

Surely it's a win, that's what happens in twenty twenty there is always a winner.

I was thinking the same as you have a super over if its a tie at the end of 40 overs.

Not always. Plenty of no results in it

Betfair have an Ireland win at 1/100 ( put a 100 on to win 1)
    So I'm sure they know

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cms/media/about_docs/5311e35597180-WT20%202014%20Playing%20Conditions.pdf
    We've gone 5 overs, it will be on Duckworth/Lewis if we can't complete it. At the moment I think we are 21 ahead of the par score of 82 (and would have still been 1 ahead with 8 down). Doesn't matter what interupts the innings, was never going to be a no result once we batted 5 overs.
    You can have a no result if you can't manage 5 overs in the second innings. You can have a tie if you are unable to play the super over.

keps wrote: »
    Betfair have an Ireland win at 1/100 ( put a 100 on to win 1)
    So I'm sure they know

Betfair is an exchange so I wouldnt read into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I understand that there will be no ties in the tournament.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

minitrue wrote: »
    http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cms/media/about_docs/5311e35597180-WT20%202014%20Playing%20Conditions.pdf
    We've gone 5 overs, it will be on Duckworth/Lewis if we can't complete it. At the moment I think we are 21 ahead of the par score of 82 (and would have still been 1 ahead with 8 down). Doesn't matter what interupts the innings, was never going to be a no result once we batted 5 overs.
    You can have a no result if you can't manage 5 overs in the second innings. You can have a tie if you are unable to play the super over.

Nice one - was searching for the regs as you posted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

From ICC live updates:

22:38 Local - Play can be extended by 30 minutes this evening, if things finish as it stand then Ireland will win on D/L.

Yes Sky confirmed DL will give Ireland a victory as they are 21 ahead. I think we have 15 minutes left to start play.

Edit, Match called off, Ireland have won!

It's over, we win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Game Off. Ireland win!

Confirmed winners.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Betfair is an exchange so I wouldnt read into it.

There was €7m matched - are you implying the punters ( lots of professional/boookmakers use it) don't know what is going on?

So that does that mean for NRR then?

There was €7m matched - are you implying the punters ( lots of professional/boookmakers use it) don't know what is going on?

You're dead right, don't know why that didn't make sense in my head!

So that does that mean for NRR then?

Sky said Ireland now lead the table and 'their destiny is in their own hands'

Which means we go through if we win tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Very profound and insightful... these commentary boys have to earn their wage packets somehow I guess..

+0.64 Ire
    +0.13 Zim

• Advertisement

Game rained off on friday Would be nice too ;)

Advertisement