Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything EDM!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Is there a trance section in this Forum?

Hate Most of the " MaintStream EDM" atm. Avicii, Guetta, Hardwell, Alesso, Afrojack
    But its been drifting into Trance Music with a while but not as bad.
    W and W if any one is into trance went from Good trance to terrible electro womp womp Muck, Dissapointing, but its where the money is

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    It's the Chemical Brothers without their love for hip-hop and Detroit techno; Daft Punk without their deep understanding of Chicago house; the Prodigy without their roots in breakbeat hardcore. What's left is bizarrely unfunky, unambiguous, unsexy and unreconstructedly macho: EDM is a noisy euphoria that makes you think not of the communal transcendence of the dancefloor, but a bloke from sales with his tie wrapped round his head

Ahh Heeyooor! Very racist thread imho, they can get down too yannow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I'm pretty sure armins latest 'tune" was in the Irish top 40, I heard it on commercial radio quite a lot over the last few months.

EDM is all over Ibiza now too, Ushuaia have edm/commercial 6 out of 7 nights now.
    I'm really beginning to wonder what happens when the EDM bubble bursts? And it will. Teens will move on to the next fad or whatever music is popular next and I think a lot of these 'newfound' dance fans are only passing through to be honest. There's no soul or atmosphere in the commercial & EDM music & gigs, there'll never be a Carl cox, Frankie knuckles, john digweed, Sven vath etc etc etc to emerge from it & go on to have a huge successful career spanning 20-30 years. It's pants created by American suits for American kids & it's working.

Sure Martin garrix played the halftime show during the man utd/Liverpool game in the states a few weeks back

It's also why Simon cowell is working on a dj xfactor style show for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I searched around looking for a proper EDM (Electronic Dance Music) thread but couldn't seem to find one so i decided to start this thread.
    As in the title i would like have anything about EDM posted here.
    From Producer/DJ's such as Hardwell, Avicii, W&W, Blastejaxx, Showtek, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike etc... (There are so many)
    To new releases on beatport, Spotify and Itunes. To new unreleased "ID" tracks.
    To the different genres of EDM such as Progressive House, Electro House etc...
    To Festivals such as Tomorrowland , UMF, EDC etc...
    And also if any EDM artists are coming to perform here in Ireland.
    anything at all relevant to EDM is welcomed :)

Showtek FTS!!! Happy ****ing times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

barryd09 wrote: »
    EDM is all over Ibiza now too

Was in Ibiza for 5 nights in June and have to say the music was absolutely dreadful. It pretty much consists of a big build up, bass drum (with some big room noise) for 30 seconds, rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Thank god Space and Amnesia had second rooms with decent tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Synode wrote: »
    Was in Ibiza for 5 nights in June and have to say the music was absolutely dreadful. It pretty much consists of a big build up, bass drum (with some big room noise) for 30 seconds, rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Thank god Space and Amnesia had second rooms with decent tunes.

Ah it's avoidable. We spent 6 out of 7 nights out & encountered no edm whatsoever.
    What did you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

when the edm bubble bursts all the hipsters wil lgo back to their emo music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

copeyhagen wrote: »

hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

barryd09 wrote: »
    Ah it's avoidable. We spent 6 out of 7 nights out & encountered no edm whatsoever.
    What did you go to?

• First night Pasha. We weren't planning on going out out as we had tickets pre booked for the second night. David Guetta was playing and he was absolutely shíte.
    • Second night Privilege which was a bit better but not by much.
    • Third night Amnesia which was class in one of the rooms. Other room was shíte
    • Fourth night Space. Was good but a bit of a let down as they had half the place closed. Was there in the early 2000's and it was savage.

Last night I was a quivering mess so stayed clear of the clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are the hipsters not all listening to deep house?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

Are the hipsters not all listening to deep house?

yup seems that way. It was grand about 6 months ago, but now all you here is monotonous deep house baselines in lots of places that all sound the same with no originality. and bless the little kids souls who are all jumping on the deep house bandwagon. They think deep house is somewhat underground and non mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Dude, hipsters listen to acts like Animal Collective and Xiu Xiu, not Hardwell and Bullet for my Valentine. Emo and EDM are about as hip as showbands and social conservatism.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'm not really talking about "big room house", and to be honest i am not a big fan of it as a lot of what is produced is repetitive. EDM is categorized in to numerous genres. Progressive House i believe is the most beautiful type of music available out there. I can just put on my headphones, lie down, close my eyes and forget about everything! I'll leave you with a few examples below, have a listen :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLG0rV-ZUIE -Mat Zo & Porter Robinson - Easy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYaxYaxD_M -Alesso - Years ft. Matthew Koma
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWe19KS-i-c -Alesso & Dirty South - City Of Dreams
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q66v9kv1F24 -Otto Knows - Million Voices
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3Lr2_lDMo - Avicii - All You Need Is Love
    Turn-of-the-century trance did the whole emotional chord progression with 4/4 beat 15 yeas ago, and it did it better.

Advertisement