Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What carbs for lunch ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I would also like to live off creme eggs.

I like to bite the top off and lick out the goo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Creme eggs were better years ago. The new ones are not great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I eat them whole. Crunch gulp next.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The definition of heresy:
    I eat them whole. Crunch gulp next.

The definition of heresy:

How do you eat yours?

• Advertisement

How do you eat yours?

Properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Me too!

Are we off topic yet?

After some trial and effort I have found the lunch which works best for me is a leafy green salad, spring onion, chicken breast, eggs and mayo. It fills me up without weighing me down. Unfortunately in my new workplace there is no where selling salads of that type nearby so once Im organised(in the middle of moving apartment), I'll be back to bringing my own. The first day in the new job I had the classic hot chicken roll as there was literally nothing else and spent the rest of the afternoon fighting to stay awake.

As well as improving my mood and alertness in the afternoons said salad has also stripped about 3 inches off my waistline.

Properly.

With a spoon and soldiers?

With a spoon and soldiers?

No.

I bite the wider end and then go all Gene Simmons on it.

No.

I bite the wider end and then go all Gene Simmons on it.

You're a Big-Endian then.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    You're a Big-Endian then.

Makes more sense.

You only need to bite off a small bit to get proper access to all of the goo.

Biting the small end removes too much goo with the chocolate.

Me too!

Are we off topic yet?

Not too sure. The original topic was what carbs do you eat at lunch.
    Stench Blossoms was then derided as her carbs weren't "carby" enough. Upon which point we were told that the original question wasn't intended to be what carbs do you choose to eat but that bread and pasta is the only carb choice available so pick one.

So I told what I had yesterday. Since 1 creme egg is about 70% carb I assume my lunch is better than Stench Blossoms choice.

So since bread is better than vegetables I postulate that creme eggs are better than bread. Cos they have more carb and protein and fat in them.

Tldr. I'm very much on topic. I'm just mocking it. If veg is not a choice for carbs then cream eggs are.

Biting the small end removes too much goo with the chocolate.

Not if you're a skilled and experienced Little-Ender like Stench and I are.

Not too sure. The original topic was what carbs do you eat at lunch.
    Stench Blossoms was then derided as her carbs weren't "carby" enough. Upon which point we were told that the original question wasn't intended to be what carbs do you choose to eat but that bread and pasta is the only carb choice available so pick one.

So I told what I had yesterday. Since 1 creme egg is about 70% carb I assume my lunch is better than Stench Blossoms choice.

So since bread is better than vegetables I postulate that creme eggs are better than bread. Cos they have more carb and protein and fat in them.

Morgan Spurlock really should do another documentary but instead of the mcdonalds diet, do a creme egg diet. As you say, more carbs, protein and fat than my salad.

Morgan Spurlock really should do another documentary but instead of the mcdonalds diet, do a creme egg diet.

Starring the'great'iam, obviously.

Morgan Spurlock really should do another documentary but instead of the mcdonalds diet, do a creme egg diet. As you say, more carbs, protein and fat than my salad.

I cannot in anyway see how a diet made 100% from creme eggs could be a bad thing.

I cannot in anyway see how a diet made 100% from creme eggs could be a bad thing.

What about throwing a Wispa Gold into the mix?

Controversial.

Actually I'm proushamed (proud and ashamed) to admit that if it was creme eggs and frazzle bacon fries then that was the bulk of my diet for almost 1 year of uni. Occasional tin of 9p beans from asda and vodka. And Marland hazelnut cookies by the packet.

Controversial.

That'd be doping.

Controversial.

Depends how you eat it

• Advertisement

Depends how you eat it

I get it all in in one go.

I get it all in in one go.

+ 2 cadburys creme eggs :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I hate creme eggs :(

bluewolf wrote: »
    I hate creme eggs :(

It's fine. I'll have yours

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm sure at this stage the OP has given up and wandered off to buy a sliced pan.

We all like creme eggs, of course we do, but in the interests of actually HELPING someone here, can you please post some advice that the OP might take on board? You know, like, educate someone on actual alternative choices rather than having a love in over chocolate eggs or getting all divisive over veg being a carb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Oryx wrote: »

We all like creme eggs, of course we do,

this is incorrect.

Op have veg. You'll be better off for it. There are millions of threads outlining the ways to remove bread from your meals if you wish.

Carbs are just sugar and they aren't limited to potato rice and pasta.
    If they are in the form of spuds then they are processed slightly slower than creme eggs but they both end up as glucose in your system.

If you want to replace bread then go ahead and do so. If you don't then it doesn't matter. Carry on eating 2 slices at lunch. Just make sure that your carb totals and calorie totals match your goals.

If weight loss is your goal the getting carbs from veg is a good idea. You'll need to eat more veg to reach your target. And that is always a good thing. And it will help with your hunger.

Alternatively avoid carbs all together. You don't really need them as you can live off fat and protein just as well. Research ketosis if you are inclined that way.

this is incorrect.

Oryx was referring to normal people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Oryx was referring to normal people.

ah ok.
    given the thoughts running around in my head mo. I'm not normal.

sorry

• Advertisement
Advertisement