Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indonesia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Tuhula wrote: »
    Hi,

Im going to Bali in two weeks and I was wondering what people do for money. Do you bring some local money with you going over or do you use the ATMs there? I assume BOI Visa Debit cards will work over there?

Hi, we brought cash and cards, ATMs everywhere as are money changers, dont change money at the side of the street money exchangers you will be ripped off there so good at it they'd make any magician proud..... Where abouts are you staying in Bali?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hi, we brought cash and cards, ATMs everywhere as are money changers, dont change money at the side of the street money exchangers you will be ripped off there so good at it they'd make any magician proud..... Where abouts are you staying in Bali?

Thanks for the response. Will bring enough cash to get me through a day or two and use ATMs from then on so. We haven't actually accommodation booked yet (will do that today, tomorrow), hoping to book week 1 and then book week 2 when we get there. Hoping to spend two or three days in each location around the Island. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

I would highly recommend the Gili Islands. Great for chilling out, diving and just beautiful surrounds. We traveled around Asia for 2 months and had only penciled in a 5 day stay but ended up staying for 10 days. Gili Trawangan is the nicest in my opinion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

wolfen wrote: »
    I would highly recommend the Gili Islands. Great for chilling out, diving and just beautiful surrounds. We traveled around Asia for 2 months and had only penciled in a 5 day stay but ended up staying for 10 days. Gili Trawangan is the nicest in my opinion!!

Great, thanks Wolfen, we defo have planned to visit the Gili Islands so will make sure we get to Gili Trawangan now. It looks so beautiful in pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 21 asuna_cpl

Is there anyone going to Indonesia recently?

• Advertisement

If you are Indonesian, is it difficult to get a visa to come over to Ireland?

Hi everyone,

Is it still the case that we need to apply via the UK? Or can I get a visa in Ireland to travel to Indonesia?

I know this thread is a bit old, but help needed on this point too. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Are things pretty much the same in Indonesia since 2014? Or are there dive spots which are no longer accessible? Thanks!

Advertisement