Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stormy Teacup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I can see why the people behind this went down the crowd funding route.

It's the kind of business that won't make a huge amount of money, and the capital cost of setting it up could make it unviable. If they can somehow eliminate the set-up cost, then it may just make enough money to keep itself going.

I'm glad they're doing this, because it is definitely something that the city centre needs. This kind of thing, if it succeeds, will help generate a healthy late evening scene in the city centre that doesn't involve drinking. That'll in turn attract a different kind of person to the city, and maybe even live in the city, and perhaps in time will lead to a radical enough change in Limerick. I wish this venture success not for the sake of the owners, but for the sake of the city. It's a project that I would happily support if I was confident that those behind it were capable of carrying it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The official opening is this eve, 5.30pm I think. Hope it's a success :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

That's the other place I think. The Cellar Door, run by Maeve O'Donovan of You're A Star fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Any more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That's the other place I think. The Cellar Door, run by Maeve O'Donovan of You're A Star fame.

Oh right sorry, I got them mixed up.
    Any more on this?

I was up around Foxe's Bow last Saturday morning for a look with the nephew but the only coffee shop I saw there was The Cellar Door. Didn't see any sign of The Stormy Teacup there as of yet.
    We tried out The Cellar Door for coffee and cake. It's certainly different alright with it's dimly lighted interior, tablecloths with Eastern designs and cool ambient music playing in the background. The girl serving in there was lovely and the banoffi cake was pretty good also. I wouldn't mind donating some of my own baking to the shop (I do a mean Nutella cake). Not sure whether they'd be up for that idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Oh right sorry, I got them mixed up.

I was up around Foxe's Bow last Saturday morning for a look with the nephew but the only coffee shop I saw there was The Cellar Door. Didn't see any sign of The Stormy Teacup there as of yet.
    We tried out The Cellar Door for coffee and cake. It's certainly different alright with it's dimly lighted interior, tablecloths with Eastern designs and cool ambient music playing in the background. The girl serving in there was lovely and the banoffi cake was pretty good also. I wouldn't mind donating some of my own baking to the shop (I do a mean Nutella cake). Not sure whether they'd be up for that idea though.

Agree about the Cellar Door, great staff and music - I've been there twice now. Good thing is they're open quite late - can't remember what time it said on the board outside, maybe 8 or 9 p.m. - which means there is somewhere to go long after all the other coffee shops have closed at 5.30.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement