Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitch plays Pokemon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

deathrider wrote: »
    So they did it? They beat the game?

Yep!

Looks like they're starting something else in 20 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I was about to say thank Christ this ****e is over so it can stop clogging up my Facebook and reddit feeds, but if they're doing another game so soon, guess that's not going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I was about to say thank Christ this ****e is over so it can stop clogging up my Facebook and reddit feeds, but if they're doing another game so soon, guess that's not going to happen...

I doubt the second game will have near enough followers. The "mythology" that happened organically in this playthrough will be forced in whatever comes next. Still though, this was a wonderful experience, and it's restored a huge amount of faith in humanity!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The creator of it should have made it so only subscribers can speak in chat towards the end of it. It would have killed it but he would have made a lot of money before that. The sadistic side of me would have loved to see the community lose their **** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Grimebox wrote: »
    The creator of it should have made it so only subscribers can speak in chat towards the end of it. It would have killed it but he would have made a lot of money before that. The sadistic side of me would have loved to see the community lose their **** :pac:

HA! You're wicked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I think I enjoy seeing people getting mad over seeing TPP stuff than the actual stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Fair play to all involved there. That's some feat. They must have the collective patience of a saint.

They started again on Crystal. I thought gold/silver would have been the natural progression

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Crystal has a lot more refinements and additions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Grimebox wrote: »
    They started again on Crystal. I thought gold/silver would have been the natural progression

Same,

I never moved past Blue/Red though as I couldn't deal with another 100 new pokemon and then another 100 with every iteration of the games that came after.
    They've been clutching as straws for a long time now with making new pokemon..

The 2 worst ones I remember hearing about are

An Ice cream pokemon, it has 3 forms !!!
    584Vanilluxe.png

and a Garbage pokemon
    250px-568Trubbish.png

Oh I didn't realise crystal was a remake. I thought they just skipped one of the pokemon iterations altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Same,

I never moved past Blue/Red though as I couldn't deal with another 100 new pokemon and then another 100 with every iteration of the games that came after.

584Vanilluxe.png

and a Garbage pokemon
    250px-568Trubbish.png

You think they're bad...

250px-707Klefki.png

Klefki. A pokemon based on a set of keys.

The designers are just looking around the house picking random objects and making them a pokemon at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Had to laugh at the take on their new Pidgey. Most people want to avoid just copying stuff over from Red/Blue, but some are still intent on the bird jesus thing. So they've called the new Pidgey "Brian".

7suxpb.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Same,

584Vanilluxe.png

and a Garbage pokemon
    250px-568Trubbish.png

That's somewhat unfair on the recent games. Every gen has had less than stellar additions (Muk and Grimer from 1 are just purple sludge for example). Gen 5 that the two you posted are from had one of my favorite 'mons in Hydreigon, a three headed dragon, and gen 6 hasn't been too bad either apart from car keys that's been mentioned. Pangoro looks kinda cool, and I love Tyrantrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's like anything else. Some will be good and some wont. You try designing 100 different creatures. At around 50 you are either recycling or just phoning it in....wait....a phone!

Cellfonemon! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How the fúck could somebody even think of doing this?? I don't even... ?

I think it was a mistake to start Crystal straight away. They should have left it for a while and started it in a week or so. Build up a bit of anticipation.

Also they're not letting Totodile evolve. Bastards. :mad:

584Vanilluxe.png

Don't diss the ice cream, that thing is fúcking BOSS! :D Had it in my team of six for Pokemon Black. Dragons were mercilessly torn apart.

Besides Gen I had Mr. Mime. Nothing will ever outdo that thing in terms of crappiness of concept or creepiness of design. *shudder*

I'd love to see a big developer like Valve or EA take this idea and run with it. If they came up with a decent concept and reduced latency, they could create a new genre. Massively multilayer single player games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They've somehow managed to deposit everyone but Totodile in the PC and then released Sentret, and they still can't evolve the level 25 Totodile because some people keep entering 'b' to cancel it.

Edit: And they've managed to take them out again all apart from the Wooper which has been replaced by an egg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

The second generation was the best for me. I loved having a new region to explore on top of the old region from R/B/Y. The new Pokémon were pretty good as well, probably my favourite three starters out of all the generations so far.

I never played anything other than Red/Blue. Every game after that seemed exactly the same with a new lick of paint

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

X and Y are quite good. Still easy though. The only ones with any semblance of challenge at all, are Black and White 2. When you watch how bad the AI was in red and blue, it makes your head hurt. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Kirby wrote: »
    X and Y are quite good. Still easy though. The only ones with any semblance of challenge at all, are Black and White 2. When you watch how bad the AI was in red and blue, it makes your head hurt. :p

X and Y were ruined for me because of how easy they were. The franchise was never a difficult one but my god they just throw exp at your pokemon in X/Y. I did the elite four and champion on my first go without needing to stock up on revives or potions etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gold and Silver, best Pokemon game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    X and Y were ruined for me because of how easy they were. The franchise was never a difficult one but my god they just throw exp at your pokemon in X/Y. I did the elite four and champion on my first go without needing to stock up on revives or potions etc.

I'm playing through X at the moment, and really loving it. It's definitely not a tough game though. I had to turn EXP Share off pretty much as soon as I got it because it was making my team overpowered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gold and Silver, best Pokemon game imo.
    I'm inclinded to agree, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all the main series games I've played.

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm playing through X at the moment, and really loving it. It's definitely not a tough game though. I had to turn EXP Share off pretty much as soon as I got it because it was making my team overpowered.

That's not a bad idea actually, I might do that on another playthrough. I'll never undertsand why Pokemon games don't have New Game Plus. They are made for that feature!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's not like they don't have shed loads of post game content.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well it's not like they don't have shed loads of post game content.

B2/W2 did. X/Y has basically nothing.

Advertisement