Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitch plays Pokemon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That was just incredible to watch! I really think we need to get Lapras, teach it surf, then head back to the safari zone and catch a bunch of pokemon in the water and teach them surf too.

Was off the grid all weekend and come back to see Bloody Sunday where 10 pokemon were release in an attempt to retrieve Zapdos from the PC, among those released were the beloved Slayer of Trees Dux and Digrat.

A moment of silence please........

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

There were 12 in total. Never forget the price we paid for the Judas Bird.

tumblr_inline_n1grywxb0X1sa91aq.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like the not-nickname nicknames, like King Leer and Apollo Justice :D

Today is a day of miracles though. We have revived Lord Helix. Not only that but he's actually in our party, with Bird Jesus (Pigeot), Bird Judas (Zapdos), King Fonz (Nidoking), AIR Jordan (Lapras), and the All-Terrain-Venomoth. This will be our team for the rest of the game, Helix willing :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I enjoyed this at its inception but the community makes me cringe so bad. Their made up religion and everything to do with it.

"Everyone keeps saying Flareon and Zapdos are false prophets, but the real enemy.. is Bill.".

False prophets? Wtf are they talking about? Makes my skins crawl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They're just having a bit of a laugh really, don't see the big deal.

The whole thing is only funny if you apply the humour (which you're not into, which is fine) of the community, without it this project would be more or less dead by now.

Grimebox wrote: »
    I enjoyed this at its inception but the community makes me cringe so bad. Their made up religion and everything to do with it.

"Everyone keeps saying Flareon and Zapdos are false prophets, but the real enemy.. is Bill.".

The melodrama is what makes the entire thing. Without that, it'd be as boring all hell as you watch a skewed random number generator struggle to move past a ledge. Flareon was blamed for the release of the Charmeleon "Abby" and the Rattata "Jay Leno" way back on Day 4. Zapdos was blamed for the slaughter yesterday when 12 pokémon were released in an attempt to remove the Zapdos from the PC. Both are associated with the Democracy alignment, and hence the Dome Fossil.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Nothing wrong with being an Atheist. I hope some day the great Helix shows you the true way though.

Seriously though, it's all just a laugh, applying an elaborate (and religious) backstory to random events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Yeah, the injoke memes are cringey. Reminds me of 12 year olds being 'random'.

A guy I know is writing a masters thesis on this. It's due on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

This heretic must be an agent of dome :pac:

• Advertisement

snausages wrote: »
    Yeah, the injoke memes are cringey. Reminds me of 12 year olds being 'random'.

A guy I know is writing a masters thesis on this. It's due on Friday.

Its all part of the fun, each one has been spawned from the complete randomness that results from the mass of inputs hitting the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I just don't find arbitrarily zany stuff funny. The stuff in the game is funny by itself.

snausages wrote: »
    I just don't find arbitrarily zany stuff funny. The stuff in the game is funny by itself.

Ditto. This made me groan
    The melodrama is what makes the entire thing. Without that, it'd be as boring all hell as you watch a skewed random number generator struggle to move past a ledge. Flareon was blamed for the release of the Charmeleon "Abby" and the Rattata "Jay Leno" way back on Day 4. Zapdos was blamed for the slaughter yesterday when 12 pokémon were released in an attempt to remove the Zapdos from the PC. Both are associated with the Democracy alignment, and hence the Dome Fossil.

Each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I've been loving the attempts to get the right Pokémon out of the PC, it always gets pretty intense. Until it switches over to democracy. Then it gets boring, and frustrating due to all of the overshooting.

G.J. wrote: »
    I've been loving the attempts to get the right Pokémon out of the PC, it always gets pretty intense. Until it switches over to democracy. Then it gets boring, and frustrating due to all of the overshooting.

There'll be no more going near the PC I'd say after the massacre yesterday. The team we currently have is good enough. Wouldn't mind swapping Venomoth for Drowzee, but The Keeper has a more important task...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They've managed to get themselves stuck between a wall, a table and a trainer and can't progress further.
    This means they've to grind away, or deliberately die hahaha

gqfj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Guardian will report on anything these days. They had an article on Doge last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

They had an article today on IKEA not selling a type of shelf anymore. Because it's being replaced with a virtually identical one.

I'm not even sure if it was meant to be serious or not.

Also back on topic, I keep hoping to log on when they're having a battle but no, always walking, walking in circles. Was it interesting at all to watch a battle?

Also back on topic, I keep hoping to log on when they're having a battle but no, always walking, walking in circles. Was it interesting at all to watch a battle?

They are fighting now if you tune in.

Not really, they drag on a bit...and are often boring.
    Especially the ones where it was bird vs ghost....and neither could hit the other. It would end by one pokemon killing itself through confusion or something:rolleyes:

The best part so far I thought was they had to try get to a pokemon daycare centre. To get there you have to go down and jump over a series of ledges.
    There is a ledge just after the door to the centre..so if you press Down 1 extra time...you will overstep it and have to go all the way back to the top.
    This took them hours.:p

The religion and sidestories...names etc are funny. But I only check in once or twice a day via Reddit and read the updates as to what has happened.:rolleyes:

I personally can't watch more than 3 minutes at a time, and I never sit there inputting commands. :o

I don't know who these people are who are sitting there all day spamming commands at the screen and following it religiously. :confused:

The boardsie saidinmilamber seems to be mad into it

This is the best place to just check updates...more efficient than the stream
    http://www.reddit.com/live/sw7bubeycai6hey4ciytwamw3a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

It kind of reminds me of Big Brother for some reason.

Nothing happens for ages, and when something does happen, it's completely blown out of proportion due to it being a lot more exciting than everything else that was happening (or wasn't happening).

They're at the last gym...but there's a ledge.
    They've been overhitting it...or else walking straight back out of the gym and over the ledge for the last 18 hours now it seems :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Giovanni has just been defeated!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Someone in my class shouted when Bird Jesus used Quick Attack to beat Rhydon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

They've just blown up the first of the Elite 4. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

deathrider wrote: »
    They've just blown up the first of the Elite 4. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

They are on number 4 only this and the rival to go and its over!!!!! gonna finish it tonight

We just beat Lance. Blue, you're going down! This is just incredible!!

EDIT: We just blacked out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dying on elite four. Just blacked out against Onyx. There is some discussion in chat about needing to but Zapdos first but tbh its not worth the effort. Grinding it out will eventually lead to victory. Seeing Zapdos repeatedly use thunder and thunderbolt on a Onyx was head wrecking. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was there for when they beat the Elite 4 and Blue, what a fight it was.

Was also hilarious when they almost hit new game XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Vicxas wrote: »
    I was there for when they beat the Elite 4 and Blue, what a fight it was.

Was also hilarious when they almost hit new game XD

So they did it? They beat the game?

Advertisement