Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tp link homeplugs

Options
  • 17-02-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Just bought a pair of tplink av200 homeplugs from amazon £14.98 delivered to parcel motel. Excellent price!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

damian139 wrote: »
    Just bought a pair of tplink av200 homeplugs £14.98 delivered to parcel motel. Excellent price!

mmm from where did you procure these devices ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

What website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Fixed post- amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I got a set of these in Tesco in the Cresent Limerick last week for 15 euro. I also got a set of the 500mb versions in PC world the other day for 39 euro. Obviously there is much better performance from the 500mb versions but the 200's are no slouch either and work pretty well for what I need them for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

eamonnq wrote: »
    Try the 'more buying choices' link on the right hand side of the page.

Yup, noticed that. You caught my post before I deleted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

For the Laziest: Link

actually, joking aside that's really cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Needed a pair so ordered these myself yesterday... 2 - 4 week wait though! :(

(although judging from other "2 - 4 waits" for despatch, they tend to ship sooner!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

And people will. Robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

31.99 in Argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1439175/Trail/searchtext>TP+LINK.htm

and 38 for the 500mbps ones http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext>TP+LINK.htm

Not as cheap as amazon but certainly worth the asking price, I have tried those particular ones myself, and had no problems at all, great for consoles, and even better for smart tv's that don't come with built in wireless but do have pricey dongles available separately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

currys have similar for 25 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

calex71 wrote: »
    31.99 in Argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1439175/Trail/searchtext>TP+LINK.htm

and 38 for the 500mbps ones http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext>TP+LINK.htm

Not as cheap as amazon but certainly worth the asking price, I have tried those particular ones myself, and had no problems at all, great for consoles, and even better for smart tv's that don't come with built in wireless but do have pricey dongles available separately

I use a dd-wrt flashed router in bridge mode to get to a couple of dead spots in my house but still have 2 more dead spots that I just cant seem to reach no matter what where I put the bridged router.

Was going to pick up a couple of the Tp-links. Not for TVs or gaming, just general browsing in the dead spots, are the receiving plugs wifi? how many receivers can you add on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Amazon wrote:
    *NOTE* - the two adapters need to be placed in the same electrical circle and not plug them into an extension lead.

This is probably a stupid question, but do sockets in an average house tend to be on the same circuit?

any decent price on the plugs that have wireless built in?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

More stupid questions ...

Will this work in a garden shed / office if router / plug based in main house? One review states he has done same but can suffer from word blindness when it comes technology so want to make sure I'm not missing anything ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Satworld have them for €30
    Got a similar brand in PC World for €24.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Dutchy wrote: »

Will this work in a garden shed / office if router / plug based in main house? One review states he has done same but can suffer from word blindness when it comes technology so want to make sure I'm not missing anything ...
    Certainly will , excellent product , however depending on the distance involved you may need to use the 500 ones.

• Advertisement

Satworld have them for €30
    Got a similar brand in PC World for €24.99
    They also have On Network ones in PC World / Currys for €19.99..

.. but not in stock in either of my local stores - checked in both on Saturday and also using stock-checker on website! :(

Shame as I had a €20 One4All voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

EDIT: They're actually indicated as OOS the Currys website now.. but on PCWorld.ie. Still, think they're pretty much out-of-stock everywhere.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/ON-NETWORKS-PL200199UKS-200-Mbps-Powerline-Adapter-Kit/315920/7.14
    http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ON-NETWORKS-PL200199UKS-200-Mbps-Powerline-Adapter-Kit/312346/148.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I have the TP-Link 200s for my garden office - about 20 ft from the house, the cable run is more like 30ft, works fine!

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

great price, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Have these a while now. The speed is OK .. 10-15 mbps.

Doesn't drop any traffic though so perfect for VoIP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone used them for gaming? (PS4/Xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anyone used them for gaming? (PS4/Xbox)

Yep, my young fella uses them for both (not at the same time!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I use a dd-wrt flashed router in bridge mode to get to a couple of dead spots in my house but still have 2 more dead spots that I just cant seem to reach no matter what where I put the bridged router.

Was going to pick up a couple of the Tp-links. Not for TVs or gaming, just general browsing in the dead spots, are the receiving plugs wifi? how many receivers can you add on?

Giving your dungeon slaves something to live for by the sounds. clint_silver not a bad chap after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

califano wrote: »
    Giving your dungeon slaves something to live for by the sounds. clint_silver not a bad chap after all.

hey, they need a bit of me time too. Im not completely without heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Eoin wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but do sockets in an average house tend to be on the same circuit?

Yes they are generally connected at some point in the circuit, I have used these plugs in a three story house and had no problems, Each floor had separate MCB's for each floors sockets so there is a separation somewhere but they still work fine.
    glasso wrote: »
    any decent price on the plugs that have wireless built in?

I got a pretty decent one in Argos a few weeks back for another job,

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1286627/Trail/searchtext%3EWIFI+EXTENDER.htm

It works pretty well and there is a ethernet socket on its base so its good for the likes of a non wifi device like a sky box etc.

Yep I can confirm that it will work if its on the same powerline. Ive heard talk of people sharing internet connections with their next-door neighbours and it working fine but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet.

All in all the 200 versions are good for general use but if your streaming proper HD stuff over a network the better ones are a must.

• Advertisement

As expected, got an e-mail saying they'll be shipped sooner than expected with an estimated arrival date of February 26 2014 - February 28 2014.

Advertisement