Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 17-2-14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

That suplex from the apron over the turnbuckle was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

That was a really good match, Cesaro is a beast! Hope he gets a decent run after the Chamber match!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Also Cena... Shut the fūck up! Does he even watch Botchamania? Fūck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Tremendous match, just a shame Cesaro didn't win. A win there, especially in match like that, would've done Cesaro a world of good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

e7ahy8ed.jpg

Ah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Annoyed they cut the ending short... a few more mins of brawl would have been much better to lead in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Wow.....66 comments before this, doesn't look like ill be scrambling to watch this after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wow.....66 comments before this, doesn't look like ill be scrambling to watch this after work!
    To be fair it was actually a pretty decent Raw! I enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Raging that Cesaro was beaten, but he looked super strong against Cena. It's bull though, they should have let him win. Build on the momentum built on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Very solid show imo.

• Advertisement

Was it just me or was there a lot more ads than usual this week?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really good, solid but unspectacular Raw (hence, I think, the lack of comments).

Cena vs Cesaro was fan-****ing-tastic. Really great match. Usually skip over matches on Raw, but the two of them had me fixed to the screen. I hope Cesaro's push is sustained a bit and doesn't fade off once he's out of the title scene on Monday.

Once again, Bryan used well this week, put in the opening match so the Yes chants are all done before the rest of the show starts.

Genuinely excited for The Shield vs The Wyatts, despite knowing how it will play out. And the little bit of action we got at the end was a nice tease.

Good show. Nothing amazing, bar the Cesaro/Cena match, but nothing too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cesaro in full in Beast Mode. No problem with him not getting the win. Fantastic outing. Crowd were well into it and to be fair the commentators did a savage job of putting Cesaro over. Dat Top Rope Suplex! AA reversal was boss also. My favourite WWE match of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If you're wondering what to watch, just watch Cesaro vs Cena. That match did more for Cesaro than anything on Smackdown ever would. He took the top guy the whole distance. Assuming they dont forget about him like they did with Sandow, it could be a massive summer for him.

Rest of the show was meh. Bryan's match was decent but he has had far better on a regular basis.

My problem with Elimination Chamber is the timing of the event. Due to the winner main eventing Wrestlemania that automatically rules Christian, Cesaro and Sheamus out of winning. Cena is also very unlikely meaning there are only two possible winners. One of which is feuding with Kane, the other with Batista. Pretty obvious who is winning. Any other time of the year and only Christian could be written off.

No wifey :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Orton seems obvious.

My only hope would be Bryan wins, and then the Evolution Trio freak over the fact he's ruining their main event...

Cesaro Vs Cena - What a match!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Just saw cesaro vs cena! That was epic! Best match I've seen in ages. Would have loved a cesaro win but still that has to be a match of the year candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Am I the only one who actually quite likes eric rowan's style? He's growing on me. I think the big lumbering bruiser style suits the character and some on his stuff is quite unique. I think he he had more finesse and technical ability it would kinda ruin the illusion of his place with this gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Last night's Raw was 7/10 at best, Cesaro's match with Cena was brilliant (Though the outcome was pretty obvious, scumbag Cena, being beaten 95% of the match, then out of nowhere Super Cena surfaces, starts the 5 moves of doom & boom match over with a Cena victory)

TGJD wrote: »
    Am I the only one who actually quite likes eric rowan's style? He's growing on me. I think the big lumbering bruiser style suits the character and some on his stuff is quite unique. I think he he had more finesse and technical ability it would kinda ruin the illusion of his place with this gimmick.

He's pretty bad tbh but they're wrestling a lot more which should help him and Wyatt improve. People forget Bray is only 26, that's absurdly young in wrestling terms.

Harper is good though, he has some potential for sure.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's pretty bad tbh but they're wrestling a lot more which should help him and Wyatt improve. People forget Bray is only 26, that's absurdly young in wrestling terms.

Harper is good though, he has some potential for sure.

Adam Cole is 24. Magnus is 27. They are both World Champions and are very, very good at what they do.

Daniel Bryan had dozens of four and five star matches at that age. I'm not bothered checking other people but I'd be very confidant of making quite an extensive list of people who had been producing the good at that age and younger.

Age isnt an excuse for being bad at your job. Especially not when you have been working for the WWE for five years already. He has five years under his belt, plus however long he trained before hand. Age doesnt come into it. He just isnt a good wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Adam Cole is 24. Magnus is 27. They are both World Champions and are very, very good at what they do.

Daniel Bryan had dozens of four and five star matches at that age. I'm not bothered checking other people but I'd be very confidant of making quite an extensive list of people who had been producing the good at that age and younger.

Age isnt an excuse for being bad at your job. Especially not when you have been working for the WWE for five years already. He has five years under his belt, plus however long he trained before hand. Age doesnt come into it. He just isnt a good wrestler.
    Rowan has never been an amazing wrestler, but if you are talking to Wyatt than you should really go back over some of his matches in NXT and his match against Bryan.

Bryan made him look better, but he was already showing how good a wrestler he could be! Wyatt is very, very good and will be one of the top guys in the next 2-5 years and will have a Orton-esque run at the top.

Pretty pointless discussing this with you really.

He could have 5 star matches for the next 5 years and you'd still bash him.

Wasting both our time. Last time i'll be talking Wyatts with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Bray Wyatt is a better worker than Magnus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jamc wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt is a better worker than Magnus.

And Gail Kim is a better wrestler than either of them, your point? :confused:
    Even Eva Marie is a better worker than Erik Rowan though. :pac: :pac: :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Pretty pointless discussing this with you really.

He could have 5 star matches for the next 5 years and you'd still bash him.

Wasting both our time. Last time i'll be talking Wyatts with you.

Bray Wyatt couldnt even dream of having a 5 star match. The Kane match is his level of ability. He doesnt get to wrestle Daniel Bryan every week who can make a folding chair look good.

One of the worst wrestlers on the roster. Erick Rowan and Eva Marie are below him but not many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,878 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thoroughly enjoyed parts of that Raw, credit where its due, both the Wyatts and the Shield were absolutely awesome and it is by far the match to look forward to this Sunday. Dean Ambrose though, definitely the showstealer from those 6 regardless of how much they push Roman and Bray.

John Cena the man might be great with the charity work and whatnot, but John Cena the wrestler is an absolute disgrace, makes HHH look like Jericho in terms of putting people over.

Cesaro was absolutely awesome tonight, stole the show. Phenomenal. But what have we learned tonight? That no matter what Cesaro does, he can throw his entire arsenal at Cena, hit all his signature moves, nope, barely even a near fall. Cena hits one of his ****ty finisher, game over. Shocking way to finish what Cesaro (not Cena) made into a match of the year candidate. Disgraceful. Cena cannot be a popular man in the locker room.

Jack Swagger and Big E has the looks of a very good match Sunday and that is in spite of finding it difficult to see past a Big E win. It and the 6 man are probably the matches I'm looking forward to the most on Sunday.

Seriously though, last but not least, what is Kane doing still existing in opening and closing segments of Raw long after he has had any relevance to anything. It was a **** feud with Punk, he knew it, and it is a **** feud with Bryan, and Bryan and the rest of us know it. The man needs to retire. Poor Brad Maddox has to take a back seat to give this dinosaur airtime? Jesus. Bryan's airtime wasn't particularly interesting tonight and it is a long time since I'd have said that. The way they end this particular chapter on Sunday will determine whether I bother purchasing Wrestlemania (granted I still don't know whether I can pay for the network or have to buy it on PPV, but yeah, if the ending on Sunday is **** I'll be doing neither)

The Batista and Del Rio segment was fairly typical of how WWE go about their business. Pretty much nobody is getting a push if you're not Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns. Another opportunity to make Del Rio look like a credible opponent this Sunday and instead they've turned the match into a farce.

Lesnar is fairly weird in his absence. I get that he only does select dates, but they haven't really done a great job writing for that. One minute he is F5ing everyone in sight looking for a match, it seems like that has to be going somewhere, then that storyline just falls to the wayside and nothing is mentioned.

CSF wrote: »
    John Cena the man might be great with the charity work and whatnot, but John Cena the wrestler is an absolute disgrace, makes HHH look like Jericho in terms of putting people over.

Cesaro was absolutely awesome tonight, stole the show. Phenomenal. But what have we learned tonight? That no matter what Cesaro does, he can throw his entire arsenal at Cena, hit all his signature moves, nope, barely even a near fall. Cena hits one of his ****ty finisher, game over. Shocking way to finish what Cesaro (not Cena) made into a match of the year candidate. Disgraceful. Cena cannot be a popular man in the locker room.

Cena doesnt book his matches. He is the ultimate company guy, he goes out and does exactly as he is told to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,878 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cena doesnt book his matches. He is the ultimate company guy, he goes out and does exactly as he is told to do.
    Find it difficult to believe he doesn't have a large amount of creative control with his power. In terms of the big sellers, the ones who usually put people over are usually the ones who are willing to.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Find it difficult to believe he doesn't have a large amount of creative control with his power. In terms of the big sellers, the ones who usually put people over are usually the ones who are willing to.

Wrestling is a selfish business. When you make it to the top, you dont suggest putting others ahead of you. You do as you're told and hope they dont get bored of you.

Advertisement