Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show 15 Feb 2014

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

goose2005 wrote: »
    People like Bill and Jackie are the problem. They borrowed huge amounts of money for speculation. They can't pay that money back, and never will. But they're still rich and always will be.

they were paying fifty thousand per month interest, that being six hundred thousand. they employed one hundred people, they were keeping up with their payments as best they could.
    i think that they are right, 100 more on dole, great hotel in killarney which was run brilliantly, i was at weddings there, it was fab place,
    i thought jackie was well able to explain herself,
    their overdraft was cut, which caused them to lose the lot,
    if this had not happened, they may still be in business,
    keeping 100 in jobs, and six hundred thousand going back into economy each year and more far more than that, their employees would be spending what they made in wages,
    i wish them the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

goat2 wrote: »
    they were paying fifty thousand per month interest, that being six hundred thousand. they employed one hundred people, they were keeping up with their payments as best they could.
    i think that they are right, 100 more on dole, great hotel in killarney which was run brilliantly, i was at weddings there, it was fab place,
    i thought jackie was well able to explain herself,
    their overdraft was cut, which caused them to lose the lot,
    if this had not happened, they may still be in business,
    keeping 100 in jobs, and six hundred thousand going back into economy each year and more far more than that, their employees would be spending what they made in wages,
    i wish them the best.

I don't buy it.
    They're small time Quinns. Bull****ting.
    Its an ego and greed thing. Any reference to job loses is to bolster their self perpetuated image of the people champions, trying to make a few bob out of hard word and employing the public in the process. Nonsense.
    It was greed and gambling lost them both their money and the jobs. Now they crib about it and expect preferential treatment.
    If they hadn't of over extended themselves they wouldn't be in this mess and the people would still have jobs.
    Why aren't we asking they, 'Hey, why were you so greedy? You know you lost 100 people their jobs?' Rather than patting them on the back.
    I would love to see them go out and get a blue collar job and then have to listen to other millionaires complain about losing money most of us will never see in our lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

For Reals wrote: »
    I don't buy it.
    They're small time Quinns. Bull****ting.
    Its an ego and greed thing. Any reference to job loses is to bolster their self perpetuated image of the people champions, trying to make a few bob out of hard word and employing the public in the process. Nonsense.
    It was greed and gambling lost them both their money and the jobs. Now they crib about it and expect preferential treatment.
    If they hadn't of over extended themselves they wouldn't be in this mess and the people would still have jobs.
    Why aren't we asking they, 'Hey, why were you so greedy? You know you lost 100 people their jobs?' Rather than patting them on the back.
    I would love to see them go out and get a blue collar job and then have to listen to other millionaires complain about losing money most of us will never see in our lifetime.

The likes of Bill Cullen and Sean Quinn started off great and provided jobs and a sense of entrepreneurship that inspired. THEN, they got greedy and ruined everything.

I don't buy any of these being 'poor'. 'Poor' for them is having 1 million in the bank separate to their companies.They hand their companies over the banks and that it and keep their own money.

Cullen gets airtime plugging his new Sanyo dealership and there is no fear of him. He will be back on top very very soon. He will of course write another book called something like 'Bill Cullen: From the Top to the Bottom and Back to the Top Again'. It will be hailed by his supporters as a bible of how to thrive against all the odds.

Advertisement