Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Outings 2014

Options
  • 12-02-2014 3:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the delay in posting these lads, had a few loose ends to tie up before I wanted to post anything.

So without further delay, the courses for this year..................

Esker Hills 22nd February @ 10:00am
    Portumna GC 22nd March @ 12:23pm
    Carlow GC 12th April @ 12:30pm
    Ballykisteen GC 24th May @ 12:00pm
    Dunmurry Springs 21st June @ 10:30am
    Gowran Park 19th July @10:00 (to accommodate all the Garth Brooks fans!!)
    Roscrea GC 23rd August @ 10:00am

Captains day is 90% sorted in a marquee club, we're just waiting on final confirmation and to pay the deposit before making the announcement. It WILL be worth the wait though!!

Good spread of courses with value / travel times taken into account.

Lets see ye out there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Thanks charlieIrl. Great list of courses! Now if only you could organise the weather.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Glad to see we're going back to Dunmurry. They treated us great last time we were there, hopefully we get a better day for it this time around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice list,

sadly working on all of the dates picked (remarkable).

Will pick leave for a few and make captains day.

Looks a great year ye have ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in posting these lads, had a few loose ends to tie up before I wanted to post anything.

So without further delay, the courses for this year..................

Captains day is 90% sorted in a marquee club, we're just waiting on final confirmation and to pay the deposit before making the announcement. It WILL be worth the wait though!!

Lets see ye out there!!

Great list charlie i could,nt have wished for a better list, i was going to make a post yesterday guessing three in your list dunmurray, portarlington, roscrea. two out of three aint bad:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Nice list,

sadly working on all of the dates picked (remarkable).

Will pick leave for a few and make captains day.

Looks a great year ye have ahead.

No way. You have to make a few, we need to get revenge in the ryder jug!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Brill selection, 4 courses I haven't played before so will be doing my best to make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Looking forward to this year, road trips ranges from 188Km to 319Km :-) see you's all in Esker Hills on the 22nd. Anyone coming from the Northern end of the country need a lift let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

These will all be new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Great work to all concerned and a nice touch to move the July date for those heading to Croke Park :)

Only played Carlow and Ballykisteen once each and never ventured to any of the others so really looking forward to this year

Can't wait for the grand unveiling of the Captains day venue, I think you better get it sorted before next week or you'll be hounded Charlie :)

I'm thinking it must be

Augusta
    Doonbeg
    Or
    Coppers

• Advertisement

I'm thinking it must be

Coppers

:D:);):p:cool:

stevieob wrote: »
    :D:);):p:cool:

At the end of the day coppers is the only course in Ireland we have all played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

It was always the best place to get a quick 18holes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

A nice mix of courses there. Hopefully I can make it to portumna, closest to me but will have to wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

As of now im defo on for Roscrea :)
    Hope nothing pops up....

Esker isnt looking good due to our Winter League Start, already delayed a week due to course damage

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Dossy wrote: »
    As of now im defo on for Roscrea :)
    Hope nothing pops up....

Esker isnt looking good due to our Winter League Start, already delayed a week due to course damage

hows Woodstock holding up after weather
    Id imagine it must be very wet

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

inthehole1 wrote: »
    hows Woodstock holding up after weather
    Id imagine it must be very wet

Not great, played last week and was very wet, this weekend it is closed due to course damage, few tree's down aswell

Dromoland Course is bad aswell, loads of tree's down and not small either

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Dossy wrote: »
    Not great, played last week and was very wet, this weekend it is closed due to course damage, few tree's down aswell

Dromoland Course is bad aswell, loads of tree's down and not small either

yeah dromoland has plenty of tidying up to do alright.fairly wet at the moment aswell.cant imagine there been many courses around here open at the moment.
    Woodstock lovely course when dry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Lets see ye out there!!

Should make all bar the Feb event, great work by CharlieIRL, ScubaPro, PistolPete, kiers47 & keano!!

The marquee course is worth waiting for and I think the list above shows the determination and recognition that the boards golf society is now getting!

Please,please, please sign up as members, there is genuine value in it, even for those who can only make 2/3 events.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Please,please, please sign up as members, there is genuine value in it, even for those who can only make 2/3 events.[/quote]

Have you got any ladies playing?

• Advertisement

Have you got any ladies playing?

Not yet!! Your more than welcome to come along and have a look though.

There was a lady that came to Athlone outing but she rarely posts.

C'mon Charlie, where are we going for Captains? :)

C'mon Charlie, where are we going for Captains? :)
    suspense getting to you??

On the 20th September at 12:20pm we shall be teeing off at probably the best parkland course in the country which is..............

Mount Juliet!

I wanted us to play one of the top courses in the country which is accessible to all and this one ticked a lot of boxes for us.
    I have to say many thanks to ssbob for getting us a fantastic deal here.

All going well we will be able to subsidise a lot of the green fee but unfortunately not all. Its normally €80 to play a round here at the weekend!! We'll know closer to the time the exact amount we can subsidise.
    So, anyone sitting on the fence about joining up, get on board and enjoy the courses this year!!

Please don't change date - I'd say that is the best weekend for me.

Well done all - I love there.

Any results from weekend ?

Please don't change date - I'd say that is the best weekend for me.

Well done all - I love there.

Any results from weekend ?

it took us a few weeks to get the date / time - no way are we changing it!!!

I have most of the scores in the laptop which unfortunately is at home, I'll stick them up later for you.

Brilliant, easily my favourite course, I just love that place..... so much so that I even got married there!!

I had a gut feeling that was where it was going to be. You picked a gud un Charlie so fair play to you and all concerned.

I don't think I'll be allowed go though without bringing the wife and kids, so most likely will be making at least a night out of it, if not the whole weekend! Maybe a few others in the same boat and we could have a good aul session in the bar :)

Arrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's booked all the rooms??????????

I don't think I'll be allowed go though without bringing the wife and kids, so most likely will be making at least a night out of it, if not the whole weekend! Maybe a few others in the same boat and we could have a good aul session in the bar :)

I was thinking the same thing but i go play golf to get away from them!! There'd be complaints that a round takes more than half an hour and that there is only 12 hours to shop in a day:D

Arrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's booked all the rooms??????????

crikey, hotel is fully booked.

I just booked into the Springhill Court Hotel so if herself doesn't come I don't mind sharing the room.

• Advertisement

crikey, hotel is fully booked.

I just booked into the Springhill Court Hotel so if herself doesn't come I don't mind sharing the room.

That forces our hand then, I was going to say go out in Thomastown (self Catering).

But, maybe all going back to the one hotel and staying in Kilkenny for the night would be the job - a night of debauchery and talking golf all night. :) - till somebody says , right lads shut up :P , you only got 23 pts. It wasn't the greens. :)

Anybody bringing the other half could pick a nice hotel in Kilkenny.

Didn't think we would have to book this far in advance - obviously something on in Mt. Juliet. But lets face it, staying in Mount Juilet wasn't going to be an option for encouraging people to staying down for the night.

Kilkenny city ?

Nice if we could get 8 or 9 to stay down - a meal or pub grub at 8 in town.

Maybe somebody has a contact for a hotel there.

Advertisement