Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Devil08 wrote: »
    So basically band 2 and 3 aren't worth a sh1te.
    With 5000 in the first band they will surely recruit 300 from that.

I would have thought so too, unless I'm missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Anyone heard that's in band one yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

Just remember this is going to be for the next few recuirtment drives. So they will get through 2 And 3

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Anyone heard that's in band one yet??

Apparently someone on another forum has got into band 1 ... its what ive read anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

Got into batch 3, delighted.
    Best of luck to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

Does that mean your through to the next round,…..did they email you or was it on public jobs.ie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

The next stage is more online tests. So they will surely half the numbers again then. Why not put everyone in bands then? They aren't going to just invite band 1 to do the online tests surely?

Murphster wrote: »
    Apparently someone on another forum has got into band 1 ... its what ive read anyway ...

Hmm okay! Not looking too good for me if i didnt even make batch 3 then! Be strange if i didnt though as I made the top 1500 for the PSNI aptitude test!

Hmm okay! Not looking too good for me then! Be strange if i didnt though as I made the top 1500 for the PSNI aptitude test!

I think everyone is band 3 is getting there results at the moment... Lots of people on diffrent forums here saying they got band 3

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

I said I wouldn't post but sure why not. They give a score out of 8000 for each test and a qualifying score you have to reach. They also tell you where you are placed overall example 10000th. They said they mighty dip into the next bands when they need them but I.think that's lot of work. Why not take more on now. Oh incase you are wondering I passed but didn't get band one. What happens to those in stage two that don't get through are they out then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Band 3 here also, 9096 :(

I think everyone is band 3 is getting there results at the moment... Lots of people on diffrent forums here saying they got band 3

So you're saying there's hope yet? :p

Andrea345 wrote: »
    I said I wouldn't post but sure why not. They give a score out of 8000 for each test and a qualifying score you have to reach. They also tell you where you are placed overall example 10000th. They said they mighty dip into the next bands when they need them but I.think that's lot of work. Why not take more on now. Oh incase you are wondering I passed but didn't get band one. What happens to those in stage two that don't get through are they out then.

Ye seems like a very strange way of doing it altogether but I'm sure it will be outline better once all results come out

So you're saying there's hope yet? :p

Haha well that's what I'm hoping trying to keep postive

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RANDOMUSER

Let us know when you do get your result will be interesting to know details of the next round

C2012 wrote: »
    Does that mean your through to the next round,…..did they email you or was it on public jobs.ie:)
    Only batch one

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

So are people in batch 2 and 3 going to be asked to do any more of the recruitment process?

thestar wrote: »
    So are people in batch 2 and 3 going to be asked to do any more of the recruitment process?

No one knows yet... Did you get your results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Andrea345 wrote: »

well done andrea345!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

je551e wrote: »
    Band 3 here also, 9096 :(

still though ,

you passed the 1st round! :)

head up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭2wsxcde3

Yeah, i'd imagine you'll be doing them within the next 12-18 months for the batches that will be going into templemore in next year and the year after.

Someone said on here that medicals only last 6 months or so. Thats prob explains why they might be putting batches 2 and 3 in the freezer for the time-being.

Got the text to check my publicjobs account. Batch 1 get called first then depending how many pass they go to batch 2,3

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lady Kitkat103

Not at the moment

Its hard to explain

When you get your result read down underneath to the next passage

That's what caught me out!

;)

To me it appears that only bands 2 & 3 have been released. Like I'd expect people in band 1 to post too....

Batch 3 I doubt it depends how many are in batch 2
    Also, they will have to change stage two tests, if they decide to take on anymore. I hate this wish I knew how likely It would be to be called so we'd know or not now. I think there might be a bit of false hope

Just remember this is going to be for the next few recuirtment drives. So they will get through 2 And 3

Exactly, they will be putting panels in place for future recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

If I don't get band 1 it's bye bye ireland unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Haven't received anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

Got the text to check my publicjobs account. Batch 1 get called first then depending how many pass they go to batch 2,3

Oh sorry I'm confused…do they contact batch 1 first and then 2 and 3 or is a case that batch 2/3 may still be called to stage 2…sorry to annoy u:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

No one knows yet... Did you get your results?

Nothing yet, when I think about it now, I'm starting to believe that batch 2 and 3 could be waiting for a while, why would the government spend money on Guards for the next crowd that get in. Strange way of looking at it but I think Fine Gael know they are going to be hoofed out and are not gonna have 600 guards there ready and waiting for the next government to go

Advertisement