Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(2) - The Aptitude Test Results thread

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

thestar wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people on here in Band 1, around 15 I'd say

I'm in band 1 also, I'm reading everything on a few of these threads but don't exactly have anything to contribute as it's all just people guessing what's next and then others getting upset over what's being said. Doesn't make for much entertainment but I still check it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Neddieog wrote: »
    If it's the case that the results are released this week it will most likely be on Thursday lads. From my experience during this campaign, its usually around 4pm on a Thursday when a message is sent out.

The message on PJ was posted on a Friday and results sent on the Wednesday for Stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The message on PJ was posted on a Friday and results sent on the Wednesday for Stage 1.

Who cares about stage 1 it's over now, when stage 1 results came out has no relevance to stage 2, so let's stop guessing and just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Happyturtle00

thestar wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people on here in Band 1, around 15 I'd say

Im in band 1 too. Haven't been posting, but have been keeping an eye on the threads to see what's going on. Not much I add right now, except my guess as to what day results will be out. The sooner the better (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

Emailed PJ and was told that they hoped to have results issued by the end of this week (no date), and that those going through to stage 3 will soon be invited to assessment centre in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

So the assessment centre will be in Dublin! That's good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Hey all,
    How's everyone feeling ?

I'm not feeling all that confident at all. I'll be glad when the results are out. All the not knkwing is really stressing me ha.

Not sure if anyone is interested but the really old garda recruitment thread is a great read. Call me sad, yes, byt ive been reading it.

Some great and very useful info on it.
    Its very long thou and it is old but very good.

It's Garda Recruitment (archived) if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Jesus I'm getting nervous waiting for the results and I'm not even doing the test. It's my daughter who's praying for a good result. But I would like to wish everybody good luck and I hope fortune smiles on ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Jesus I'm getting nervous waiting for the results and I'm not even doing the test. It's my daughter who's praying for a good result. But I would like to wish everybody good luck and I hope fortune smiles on ye.

Dad will ya stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Sorry folks, can we use this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057148530&page=27

for results etc, just to keep things tidy

Apologies as I also posted here by mistake, I will move the posts

Thanks

-KERSPLAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I'm in band 1 also, I'm reading everything on a few of these threads but don't exactly have anything to contribute as it's all just people guessing what's next and then others getting upset over what's being said. Doesn't make for much entertainment but I still check it all!

:) likewise:) but to be fair, I do learn something, now and again :)
    how you done at stage 2? I am around 700 so...still checking the boards ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

ana2676 wrote: »
    :) likewise:) but to be fair, I do learn something, now and again :)
    how you done at stage 2? I am around 700 so...still checking the boards ;))

Got below 300 in round 2, currently trying to organise taking a day off work for getting to round 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got below 300 in round 2, currently trying to organise taking a day off work for getting to round 3!

We'll done! Congratulation, and don't try:) Just be there! :) I just read some of your posts... you'll be a good Garda:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turtleman

Hi all

New to boards.ie and the garda recruitment posts

Just wondering , what are the chances of applying again for the next recruitment campaign , I got placed in Stage 2 Band 1 this time and just wondering what chance would I have

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

turtleman wrote: »
    Hi all

New to boards.ie and the garda recruitment posts

Just wondering , what are the chances of applying again for the next recruitment campaign , I got placed in Stage 2 Band 1 this time and just wondering what chance would I have

Cheers

I was at a meeting with an FG Minister (not Justice) in relation to a building matter. Among other issues discussed he did indicate that recruitment will be on going for two years and numbers in the present campaign will be supplying the personnel. It is accepted at Government level that manpower cut backs have gone too far. May not be much use but it is a genuine report on what was said.

Advertisement