Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this January: February edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Out of curiosity how long did it take you roughly? I've heard its fairly epic length wise. I got it for the Wii U recently and am kinda putting it off until I have the time to put in to it.

I think it took me about 25 hours. and with that I generally did everything I could so it was by no means a speed run.

ME2 took me 35 hours apparently but I think it takes into account time you have paused the game and I left it there paused a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Finished Metro Last Light and Muramasa.

Working on Dragon's Crown at the moment.

I also have Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default & Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.

On top of that there are about 5 games between now and the end of March that I'm eyeing. Why is it that all the good games come out in the same span of time.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished Dragon Age 2 he other night, story wise it was decent enough but the constantly recycled locations were very poor. Fair bit shorter than the first one too. Still enjoyed it for the most part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »
    I think it took me about 25 hours. and with that I generally did everything I could so it was by no means a speed run.

ME2 took me 35 hours apparently but I think it takes into account time you have paused the game and I left it there paused a few times.

ok thats not tooo bad I suppose.

Take 2 hours each evening could be done inside 2 weeks. More likely 3/4 weeks though for me as I wouldnt play 2 every night of the week.

That said I racked up some serious amounts of hours playing rayman legends over xmas on the gamepad. The "app" on the home screen that allows you to see the time you've registered for the month is eh not good sometimes.

Kinda reminds me of Championship Mananger 01/02 which used to give funny little jabs at you when you were loading your game like "dont forget to feed the cat" or "your dinners burning". They were good. Think it also showed hours logged which was never pretty. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I had the same issue with KOTOR, there's no way it took me 80 hours to do, but that's what it says on the stats, KOTOR 2 was 50 hours which seems more likely.

first Mass Effect was about 20 hours, maybe 35 for 2 & 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's probably counting toilet breaks and when you left it paused to go and check up game faqs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 nights ago, and starting Arkham City now, so i'd imagine that'll be a March finish.

And i've just got Far Cry 3 for a fiver, so that'll be a March game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Finished Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light. Didn't think much of Infinite and was a little disappointed with it until the clincher with the last 15 mins of story and that just made it for me. Metro:LL I loved, looks amazing on the PS3 can't wait for Metro 2035 if they ever make it.

Getting stuck into Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance for the first time. I played MGS1,2 and 4 already and played them all as they were released just never got around to 3 for some reason, really liking the '60s James Bond theme in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday (May have finished ME2 also... but I think that was January)

Overall I enjoyed it... I can see why there was a bit of talk regarding the ending although I'm surprised at the scale of it. Good games with an average ending.
    But wouldn't you of finished with the updated ending ?
    Its something I am not quite sure on but, don't the updates before you can play etc expand the ending beyond the original one ?

But wouldn't you of finished with the updated ending ?
    Its something I am not quite sure on but, don't the updates before you can play etc expand the ending beyond the original one ?

I actually finished on the old ending.. you have to download the new content as it's down as dlc as opposed to a patch.

It definitely improves on it.. or at least explains a few things E.g.
    why the Normandy was in a Mass Relay

I didn't hate the ending, just thought it wasn't great when I really enjoyed the rest.

Finished Stealth Inc there... well maybe not finished as there are stages which I can't play due to collectables I assume.

On Act 4 of Bulletstorm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Finished Need For Speed: Rivals on the PS4 over the weekend. The racer career and the idea of banking points is pretty annoying. I'm not sure how they ever thought it wouldn't lead to frustration. The game is still decent although, slightly disappointing coming off the back of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (the last iteration), which was very, very good.....probably the best game of the series....

Completed Bulletstorm last night.

Load of fun in fairness.

Not sure if I should start Contrast (properly, as I played about 10 mins of it) or Metro Last Light next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think I just finished the story mode of Lego Batman 2 on the 3DS, so if I leave off the Justice League mode missions - and they're just extras for brick-grinding, right? - I might have started and finished a game in February. 5 quid well spent. I'm back in the game!

Super Mario 3D World and Assassin's Creed III Wii U still in progress, Donkey Kong Country Returns or Mario & Luigi Dream Team are up next on 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

outlast-very good for free game
    the last of us-second time iv finished the story last time i played through a game twice was probably gta;sa on ps2..also finished the dlc
    resogun-good fun
    metro last light and metal gear solid peace walker from hd collection are next in my sights although iv only started the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

SgtBob wrote: »
    Finished Metro Last Light and Muramasa.

Working on Dragon's Crown at the moment.

I also have Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default & Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.

On top of that there are about 5 games between now and the end of March that I'm eyeing. Why is it that all the good games come out in the same span of time.
    is metro last light good?mixed reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just wrapped up Far Cry 3 there the end of Feb.

Vaas was such a brilliant character.
    Once you kill him though, I felt the rest of the game dragging.

Advertisement