Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this January: February edition

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I had a decent January. The tally is:

Gone Home
    Dragons Crown
    Tomb Raider
    Rise of the Triad 2013
    Rogue Legacy

I started this month off well. Put Shin Megami Tensei 4 to rest, beating new game plus with the neutral ending and all the dlc bosses. I also finished Dishonored last night but still have the dlc to play through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Gone Home
    Dragons Crown
    Tomb Raider
    Rise of the Triad 2013
    Rogue Legacy

I started this month off well. Put Shin Megami Tensei 4 to rest, beating new game plus with the neutral ending and all the dlc bosses. I also finished Dishonored last night but still have the dlc to play through.

Try Volgarr the Viking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought it on gog, heard it's pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

AC:4 Black Flag enjoyed it but too many tail and eaves drop missions ruined it somewhat

The Maw - had it for ages never bothered with it, didn't think it was great.

Bastion - another from the back catalogue, was lost on me , didn't see what the fuss was about. Felt the story was wasted on the game , might have made a solid plot for a jRPG

Lococycle - never buying another twistedpixel title after this one :mad:

Heavy Fire : Shattered Spear ...... no comment

Also went back to finish The Saboteur, this really was a rough diamond, really enjoyed it.

Edit: Not surprised I forgot it , it was that bad, but I also want back and finished Two Worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Finished Transformers: Fall of Cybertron yesterday. In some ways it was a marked improvement over WFC, in others, it seemed a step back. First of all the bad, You loose the three member team & consequently the option of picking your character. The story also doesn't flow terribly well and comes off as very disjointed. The stealth section with Cliffjumper was also out of place.

Anyway, enough bitching! the game-play was tight and great fun. a wide variety of characters and special abilities and a far more varied landscape than in WFC.
    The cliff-hanger ending also promises us the transformers game far closer to G1 with the action presumably taking place on Earth
    . Rampant fan service was also a nice touch. All things considered, very pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Bioshock infinite
    Tomb raider
    Wind waker hd
    Metal gear solid Rising revengence
    Fire emblem awakening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    The Maw - had it for ages never bothered with it, didn't think it was great

Lococycle - never buying another twistedpixel title after this one :mad:

Never understood why poeple lie Twisted Pixel's games. I find tem really dull and the 'humour' about as funny as open heart surgery. When you are trying to hard to be funny it doesn't work and these guys have made an art out of it and yet they still haven't made a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Gone Home
    Dragons Crown
    Tomb Raider
    Rise of the Triad 2013
    Rogue Legacy

How long did Rogue legacy take you. I am about 25 hours in and hitting the third boss now.

About 25 hours for me as well to beat it I think. Once you get over upgrading like crazy and actually go after the bosses you end up flying through the last few parts of the game.

Never understood why poeple lie Twisted Pixel's games. I find tem really dull and the 'humour' about as funny as open heart surgery. When you are trying to hard to be funny it doesn't work and these guys have made an art out of it and yet they still haven't made a good game.

That accurately sums up lococycle, it's the same joke over and over, and it's inter cut with these liveaction "tee hee hee" "we are so clever and funny" cut-scenes, I'd look some up on you tube to post but really I can't inflict them on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Lego City Undercover
    Super Mario 3D World

Just finished ZombiU tonight. I wasn't overly optimistic about the slightly overweight Jake Smith: HR Manager's chances against the undead horde, but he took to bashing zombies with a cricket bat like a duck to water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That accurately sums up lococycle, it's the same joke over and over, and it's inter cut with these liveaction "tee hee hee" "we are so clever and funny" cut-scenes, I'd look some up on you tube to post but really I can't inflict them on the thread.

Just looked for a review... It doesn't even look bad enough to be enjoyable for bad it is, it just looks like really lazy shovelware sans the IP that'd make people pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Only twisted pixel game I enjoyed was Comic Jumper an boy that was very repetitive at times.

Mine so far;

World of Keflings
    Magic The Gathering DOTP 2013
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    An a bunch of Windows Phone, Windows 8 games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just finished borderlands 1. I started it a few years ago but never got round to finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Batman Arkham Origins finished now. I've mostly been playing Pokemon the last couple weeks so haven't had a chance to finish much.

Finished the DLC for Dishonored so that's done now. The DLC was great. Think I'm getting near the end of Riviera, although I ****ed up getting the extra chapter for the PSP version. I won't be playing it again anyway so a normal ending will do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished Space Marine, first two episodes of The Wolf Among Us and the first episode of The Walking Dead Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday (May have finished ME2 also... but I think that was January)

Overall I enjoyed it... I can see why there was a bit of talk regarding the ending although I'm surprised at the scale of it. Good games with an average ending.

Finished TLOU Left Behind dlc. Absolutely no surprise that I loved that and would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the main campaign.

Next up - I'm pretty confident I'll finish Outlast tonight or tomorrow.

Then onto Metro Last Light and Bulletstorm.

That is Outlast done with.

Have to say I don't play horror games but it was enjoyable... funny streaming it to a few friends too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished The Novelist. Nice game. I voted for it when it was on Greenlight and i'm glad it got greenlit in the end. Lived up to the promise it showed when i voted for it.

Finished Riviera: The Promised Land on PSP. Great little RPG that completely messes with what a RPG should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just finished Risen 2: Dark Waters thanks to a 14 hour session. I believe i'm going to start Batman: Arkham Asylum tomorrow (on PC, have already played and finished the first 2 games on console). With the intent of playing Arkham City and then purchasing Origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Still haven't finished dead island.

Think its nearly 2 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't finished it either. Is it just me or is it a sh!t game? I just can't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just finished Risen 2: Dark Waters thanks to a 14 hour session. I believe i'm going to start Batman: Arkham Asylum tomorrow (on PC, have already played and finished the first 2 games on console). With the intent of playing Arkham City and then purchasing Origins.

You must have the patience of a saint :pac:

MadYaker wrote: »
    I haven't finished it either. Is it just me or is it a sh!t game? I just can't get into it.

It's not just you :)

It's a terrible game.. only reason I played it was because I played with 3 other friends and we were able to laugh at it.

Did they ever patch that section in Risen where if you opened the map on one of the later islands it crashed the game? I was playing on Xbox at the time and had a nightmare trying to get off that island without using the map :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Dishonored - Very much enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You must have the patience of a saint :pac:

Ah i enjoyed it. Yeah, it has its flaws, and the main character is voices by someone made out of wood, but it was enjoyable.
    Did they ever patch that section in Risen where if you opened the map on one of the later islands it crashed the game? I was playing on Xbox at the time and had a nightmare trying to get off that island without using the map :mad:

Played it on the PC and the only problem i had was one quest not completing (an early one, give meat to some dude, apparently if you didn't do it a certain way the dude you're supposed to give the meat to doesn't look for it).
    MadYaker wrote: »

I thought it was a great game, repetitive, but enjoyable. Same with Riptide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tok9 wrote: »
    Finished Mass Effect 3 yesterday (May have finished ME2 also... but I think that was January)

Overall I enjoyed it... I can see why there was a bit of talk regarding the ending although I'm surprised at the scale of it. Good games with an average ending.

Finished TLOU Left Behind dlc. Absolutely no surprise that I loved that and would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the main campaign.

Next up - I'm pretty confident I'll finish Outlast tonight or tomorrow.

Then onto Metro Last Light and Bulletstorm.

Out of curiosity how long did it take you roughly? I've heard its fairly epic length wise. I got it for the Wii U recently and am kinda putting it off until I have the time to put in to it.

Advertisement