Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your SFP under €400 h/a ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

delaval wrote: »
    My SFP is 270 per ha, can I expect this to increase?

The closest example to your €270h/a Del in the FF policy document is €277h/a.

A farmer on €277h/a would go down to €264h/a with Coveney and stays at €277h/a with O'Cuivs proposal.

A farmer with €200h/a would go up to €204h/a with Coveney, and go up to €233h/a with O'Cuiv.

Farmers with €470h/a would lose €5/ha more with O'Cuiv than Coveney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

The closest example to your €270h/a Del in the FF policy document is €277h/a.

A farmer on €277h/a would go down to €264h/a with Coveney and stays at €277h/a with O'Cuivs proposal.

A farmer with €200h/a would go up to €204h/a with Coveney, and go up to €233h/a with O'Cuiv.

Farmers with €470h/a would lose €5/ha more with O'Cuiv than Coveney.

So no change, I never expected to be mentioned in the same sentence as FF!!!!

delaval wrote: »
    So no change, I never expected to be mentioned in the same sentence as FF!!!!

Fairly small difference in your case alright.

Ballaghadereen meeting tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

I hope farmers aren't expecting to get any questions answered at these meetings. Judging by O Cuivs performance on Vincent's brownes programme last week, he won't answer a straight question to save his life. He seems to have perfected the art of speaking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.

ps I'm no fan of the current bunch of liars running the country.

• Advertisement

There'll certainly be no questions answered by staying at home.

Just been reading the Farming Indo, piece in it on page 18 relating to this thread. One interesting piece saying that O'Cuiv has received written confirmation that August 1 is "the earliest relevant notification date for the Department in relation to the carve up of Pillar 1". He was saying this on back of criticism that counter proposals to the redistribution had come too late in the day, interesting.

Gort, Co. Galway Feb 25th Lady Gregory hotel
    Burt, Co. Donegal Feb 27th Grianán Hotel
    Swinford Co. Mayo Feb 28th Julians, Midfield.

All at 8.30pm.

Further dates & locations to be confirmed in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Ballaghadereen meeting tomorrow :)

With all due respect Con, and you seem an intelligent sort, is O Cuiv your man or are you hanging on to someone that speaks your lingo?

O Cuiv is populist and from a party that is bankrupt in ideas.

Don't get me wrong my SFP was €688/ha and now is circa €400/ha. Do you think you will get some sort of equality with the norm?

Look to the future-- there are possibilities

sheebadog wrote: »
    With all due respect Con, and you seem an intelligent sort, is O Cuiv your man or are you hanging on to someone that speaks your lingo?

O Cuiv is populist and from a party that is bankrupt in ideas.

Don't get me wrong my SFP was €688/ha and now is circa €400/ha. Do you think you will get some sort of equality with the norm?

Look to the future-- there are possibilities

No, I have never voted for any FF candidate ever.

The only interactions I've had with O'Cuiv have been argumentative :D

I think there is an opportunity for low SFP farmers to gain. IF enough sign the levy letter it may lead to changes. There's no certainty he'll get enough signatures.

Then again it may not, but I don't feel there's any harm in trying. Been through the talking bit to politicians and IFA and I am unsatisfied with the outcome.

Don't believe I will see €146 by 2019 (midterm review in 2017, review of DAS in 2018), or if I do, some other stroke will be pulled elsewhere.

Meh, I say **** it, happy to give this a try.

As for FF, I am not advocating voting for them. All supporting the idea costs is the petrol/diesel to get to a meeting, the time it takes to sign the letter, and possibly the price of a mug of tae and a sandwich.

I am a member of no party and any view expressed in this thread is my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

I think there is an opportunity for low SFP farmers to gain. IF enough sign the levy letter it may lead to changes. There's no certainty he'll get enough signatures.

Then again it may not, but I don't feel there's any harm in trying. Been through the talking bit to politicians and IFA and I am unsatisfied with the outcome.

Don't believe I will see €146 by 2019 (midterm review in 2017, review of DAS in 2018), or if I do, some other stroke will be pulled elsewhere.

As for FF, I am not advocating voting for them. All supporting the idea costs is the petrol/diesel to get to a meeting, the time it takes to sign the letter, and possibly the price of a mug of tae and a sandwich.

If enough pressure is brought to bear its possible the the present review presented by Coveney does not quite meet the criteria of the review at European level , Coveney bent the rules a lot to squeeze the Irish position through at the negotiations and a cursory read of the final agreement indicates that we have bent them still further

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

As for FF, I am not advocating voting for them. All supporting the idea costs is the petrol/diesel to get to a meeting, the time it takes to sign the letter, and possibly the price of a mug of tae and

I sincerely wish you the best.

sheebadog wrote: »
    I sincerely wish you the best.

I'll need it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

rancher wrote: »
    O'Cuiv was responsible for changing the parameters of Reps that let thousands of dairy farmers into Reps and eventually broke reps and for the last few years the majority of recipients of the €10000 reps money was dairy farmers selling maybe €100,000 -159,000 worth of milk.... maybe more.
    He had a huge influence in making the rollover of Reps impossible for you guys and now he wants to destroy another sector.....those suckler farmers with 30 - 40 ha getting €400 -600/ha.
    He's flying the maximum payment flag and he knows well that it hasn't a hope
    He's not in power, he can say what he likes.

As one of those dairy farmers that came into reps in the final year, it's been a nice few grand for damn all work.
    While I wouldn't vote for the likes of mini-dev at all, I might as well enjoy the fruits of his populism, while it lasts.

Page two IFJ tomorrow.

Absolutely no mention of O'Cuiv telling people to join IFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Ok,heard O Cuiv at a meeting recently.

Audience would have been 60/40 in support of him so questions etc reflected this.

Thought he was a "all things to all men "type of fellow and less impressive a speaker than I would have expected.

His ideas are a bit off the wall and his figures don't really add up if you look into them.Told us the story re. the woman in Connemara with the 1000 hectares who stands to get 150k in 2019 under Coveneys proposals but neglected to say that under his proposals she would get 190k(if no upper limit)

Most of his "productive then but not now" spiel was based on figures which are questionable to say the least and when questioned on it he waffled a lot but no concrete answers.

Lot of aspirational talk etc about the west and DA areas.Asked him what he meant by a fair reform and all he could say was that the present one wasn't that but no real ideas.Also when asked if those constrained the most by production limits(nitrates etc)should receive the most he wouldn't give a straight answer.

Will admit I went not really interested in his ideas but he didn't convince me he has any answers at all.Looks like a tour to drum up personal support to me and as agri. minister I would think he would be a disaster for Ireland.

His whole agenda is the "poor poor farmer in the whest needs your love and support and a few bob spread around will make everyone viable"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Audience would have been 60/40 in support of him so questions etc reflected this.

Thought he was a "all things to all men "type of fellow and less impressive a speaker than I would have expected.

His ideas are a bit off the wall and his figures don't really add up if you look into them.Told us the story re. the woman in Connemara with the 1000 hectares who stands to get 150k in 2019 under Coveneys proposals but neglected to say that under his proposals she would get 190k(if no upper limit)

Most of his "productive then but not now" spiel was based on figures which are questionable to say the least and when questioned on it he waffled a lot but no concrete answers.

Lot of aspirational talk etc about the west and DA areas.Asked him what he meant by a fair reform and all he could say was that the present one wasn't that but no real ideas.Also when asked if those constrained the most by production limits(nitrates etc)should receive the most he wouldn't give a straight answer.

Will admit I went not really interested in his ideas but he didn't convince me he has any answers at all.Looks like a tour to drum up personal support to me and as agri. minister I would think he would be a disaster for Ireland.

His whole agenda is the "poor poor farmer in the whest needs your love and support and a few bob spread around will make everyone viable"

Well at least you went along and listened to what he had to say anyway.

Where was the meeting?

The Irish Farming Independent had an article a while back based on a report going some way to confirming the "productive then but not now" point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

I pointed out before that aspects of the Irish CAP reform proposals did not follow the spirit if not the letter of what the EU envisaged , the farming independent today reports that Marian Harkin has picked this up in relation to our treatment of greening and may appeal it to the commission .

Advertisement