Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My money would be more on it being Hush...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Is that "Batman: Hush" fb page that teased the news about Hush in any way credible though? Anywhere else mentioned it?

It just looks like a fan made page for the comic.

I'd say they are just giving a good guess, as Hush was set up in AC.

Considering what he did with Earth One I expect that the game will feature a host of familiar faces only drastically altered. I imagine that Arkham Knight will be a new tale on Red Hood or Azazel and hope would live to see the Alfred of Earth One pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I would welcome Scarecrow as the main villian but I see it being a red herring like every other we've had with the past two games.

Also, since he wears a mask I'm sure there will be a reveal where he turns out to be the joker the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Of course Joker is gonna be back! mmmmm spoilers I spose if you haven't played Arkham City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It all makes sense now.

Well, no, it doesn't, but the internet wouldn't lie... would it?

Wouldn't surprise me, flimsier pretenses have been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

oh boy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Been confirmed arkham knight wont have multiplayer and kevin conroy is back

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Been confirmed arkham knight wont have multiplayer and kevin conroy is back

:D

You had me at no multiplayer......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

the city will be 5 times the size of arkham city....origins was almost twice the size.....lots of street racing i bet!, timed riddler missions, challanges based on vehicle combat system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

jenjenten wrote: »
    the city will be 5 times the size of arkham city....origins was almost twice the size.....lots of street racing i bet!, timed riddler missions, challanges based on vehicle combat system.

Twice the size my arse. You spent half the time crossing that damned bridge anyway. That are probably counting the entire area of the bridge....which they shouldn't. Origins felt slightly larger than City. No way in hell was it twice as large. There was just....so much dead space.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Of course Joker is gonna be back! mmmmm spoilers I spose if you haven't played Arkham City.

Sounds like he is alive alright based on that.

Class pic

DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=312720&ImageSize=Medium&Key=7e8209369366a061f0c03d13867845075d47cb2e

Very Christopher Nolan looking batsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Very different Batmobile to the one in the first game - thought they would either use it or something more of an evolution on it.

Very Christopher Nolan looking batsuit.

I like it, looks like material with amour platelets all over it, looks cool.

The return of the longs ears on the cowl is most welcome!
    Very different Batmobile to the one in the first game - thought they would either use it or something more of an evolution on it.

Ya, I preferred the look of the one in the first game, it looked like a cross between the animated series version and Tim Burtons one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

gammy looking tractor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Some new info on PCGamer from a demo they were shown with more info on the Batmobile:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/batman-arkham-knight-first-look-new-villains-a-bigger-city-and-the-batmobile/

And some info on a possible side-quest:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/27/batman-arkham-knight-court-of-owls-spotted/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Court of Owls - excellent :)

One of the best Batman stories in ages.

• Advertisement

Jesus you'd almost worry that they might be over doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

These were defining for me for the last gen, so much so I had THREE copies of the original and sequel, for Xbox, PS3 and PC don't ask why.

They had the same impact and staying power with me, that Max Payne 1+2 had when I first played them. Incredible.

**** defo gonna give these a good runthrough in the coming months again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

From the article it sounds like that might just be no more than an easter egg.

Hopefully not - could make a great sidequest or a meaty DLC

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Am I the only one who thought that Origins' multiplayer was a lot of fun (when it worked)?

I'm not going to lament its loss to Knight, but at the same time, I won't celebrate it's exclusion either.

All that said, I'm once again totally hyped for this as I think these Arkham games have captured so many of the aspects of Batman I love most.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that Origins' multiplayer was a lot of fun (when it worked)?

Anyone I know who played the multiplayer said it was muck.

I treated it much like I did the MP in games like Dead Space, etc. Completely ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

ArkhamKnight_render.jpg

So apparently that is the main villain for the game, named "Arkham Night"

More pics at the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to bet it's not a completely new character like they've said, and that it's totally Jason Todd. The helmet mightn't be red and it has those ears but it's close enough, each screen shot make me think that it's him. This in addition to the trailer with the father and son theme, it's more than just Bruce and Thomas. The Jokers dead and Jason has come back thinking either that Batman finally did it or didn't and he's equally pissed about that.

Hopefully it's not Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think for it to be Damien they'd have to give a whole lot of back story that'd really take away from the pace of a game set over one night. Hopefully, anyway. He's such a crap character.

Yeah, I think like Nolan said JGL was playing a brand new character and then turned out to be
    Robin
    (kinda) in the end which I completely called :)

Arkham Knight may be a new character but it will definitely be someone familiar underneath, hopefully Jason Todd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I still think it's going to be Hush, to continue that thread from Arkham City. It'd make sense, he's copied Batman's face, now he's gotten himself a similar suit...

Advertisement