Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman - Arkham Knight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is the pc version really as bad as being made out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Think it has something to do with the type of graphics card you have... Mate of mine has Nvidea graphics card and seems to be working 100% for him... Although I do know a few other people complaining about it too, some people seem to have it working some don't... I guess alot of people will be requesting a Steam Refund on the PC version if they purchased from the store until it is all fixed I suppose...

It has lower res textures than the console version, no ambient occlusion which the console versions have. There are only two cards that can stay above 30 fps at all times(980 ti and titan x) and no card can hold 60 fps. So if you happen to have a graphics card worth €750+ you should be ok but it still won't look as good as the console versions.

I feel this should have thread on the PC forum as I'm sure console owners are sick of reading this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tuxy wrote: »
    I feel this should have thread on the PC forum as I'm sure console owners are sick of reading this.

There already is one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057451211

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It has lower res textures than the console version, no ambient occlusion which the console versions have. There are only two cards that can stay above 30 fps at all times(980 ti and titan x) and no card can hold 60 fps. So if you happen to have a graphics card worth €750+ you should be ok but it still won't look as good as the console versions.

Damn that blows, glad I got on PS4 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

it still won't look as good as the console versions

I've been playing it all day at 1440p 50-70fps, but don't let me stop you kidding yourself about your console versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Got the Limited Edition PS4 bundle earlier today and spent most of today playing the game, had to stop as my eyes were getting wrecked from staring at the TV all day!

One word for the story so far; INTENSE. Also
    I like the way they implemented Joker in this so far. It just feels.... right without it feeling like a cheap cop out either. The first time he appeared gave me a jump though! It's also leading me to suspect that Batman himself is the missing infected patient that he was on about in the flashback scene that happened after Joker's appearance but I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Only at the start, but so far the game is excellent. The Harley DLC was a fun little distraction and served as a nice prequel to the main game. Only at the very beginning of the main game, but got the batmobile and its great fun to use :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st impression it looks absolutely stunning (ps4) and its dark and gritty just like batman should be. There's so much going on i feel like a complete batman noob having to look up controls and combat moves.

Riddler batmobile sections suck (ie. I suck)

I really like that camera angle off to the side.

I saw the game director Sefton Hill in the opening cinematic :D

Looks to be an absolutely epic game and Rocksteady seem to be going out with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Going to start this tonight as a Batman noob. Have ye started the main story first or done the Hayley Quinn DLC? Stupid question prob but anyone know ehere I could print out the controls from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Going to start this tonight as a Batman noob. Have ye started the main story first or done the Hayley Quinn DLC? Stupid question prob but anyone know ehere I could print out the controls from?

You can do the DLC first if you wish, it's only 15-20minutes at most and then jump on to the main story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,279 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got about an hour and a half in. Just got to the point where the story and game seemed like it was really about to kick off (
    Inside Ace Chemicals
    ). All of a sudden, kicked back out to the main menu because the game hadn't finished downloading/installing.

Checked it about 3 more times after (having to redo a small section of the game) but kept getting kicked out again.

Worst part is, game still hadn't fully downloaded by this morning having left the PS4 in Rest Mode all night. Should be able to continue the story though, seems it installs before stuff like challenge maps & DLC.

Still though, what I played, I enjoyed. Taking a while to get used to Batmobile controls (keep using L2 to reverse and going into Battle Mode). But overall, it's a lot of fun, and looks and plays great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lulzordan wrote: »
    You can do the DLC first if you wish, it's only 15-20minutes at most and then jump on to the main story.

Is the DLC selected from outside the main game in a menue or do you head for an icon on the map to start it?

If it's outside the main game is it set before, during or after the main events?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

sheehy83 wrote: »
    There's so much going on i feel like a complete batman noob having to look up controls and combat moves.

Snap. Was struggling to get big combo moves going at the start!

Only got about 10 mins in though, just to the point of
    picking up Ivy.

Was looking the look and feel of the game, but the voice acting/script were really grating on me... they just seemed awful.

Can't wait to get a proper play in later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is the DLC selected from outside the main game in a menue or do you head for an icon on the map to start it?

If it's outside the main game is it set before, during or after the main events?

Think its set before it.
    Watched the Red Hood DLC on YouTube its pretty short tbh but at the end
    Red Hood kills Black Mask by putting him out a window
    Can you play as Red Hood on the Challenge Maps?
    I assume you can play as Robin, Catwoman, Azrael & Nightwing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Still though, what I played, I enjoyed. Taking a while to get used to Batmobile controls (keep using L2 to reverse and going into Battle Mode). But overall, it's a lot of fun, and looks and plays great.

Found this on reddit: Go to game options switch Battle Mode Toggle On and it switches the brake/reverse to LT/L2. You have to do the batmobile tutorials to unlock this option.

Also you can unlock the Anime Batman costume by doing the following:
    When starting a new game login to your WBPlay account by selecting “WBPlay” from the game’s “Main Menu”. WBPlay offers bonus game content and will unlock this costume for use in-game. Before you can sign into an existing WBPlay account, you’ll need to create a free new WBPlay account on WBPlay.com. After receiving the character skin reward for signing in, if you are signed into your WBPlay account and you want to sign out of it, select WBPlay in the “Main Menu” and choose the Unlink WBPlay Account option.

http://gamingsofar.com/batman-arkham-knight-guide-unlock-all-costumes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

You choose it from the Arkham Episodes option (at least on PC). The Harley Quinn DLC is considered a prequel but to be honest it doesn't alter anything that much if you do it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just got an email from cdkeys.com saying that the Harley Quinn DLC is actually going to be included in with the season pass. Wasn't expecting that. Off I go to see if it's there waiting for me.

EDIT: Yup it's here and 1GB in size. Can I play it at any point?

Sorry, just read lulzordan's post above me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How do you equip skins? I hav the anime one unlocked and the ones downloaded and installed for the ps4 version. I remember hearing a dev saying you can equip them as soon as you have them. Do I have to get to a certain point in the story? I need to equip the Adam West costume ASAP.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the vid below and it shows where to select skins. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

Has the pc version been fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Arghhh just when my game reached the 16.6GB downloaded I decided to play... Just got to a point that scared the hell outta me and now the game just stopped and I have to wait for it to install more :( damn these slow internet speeds ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enjoyed what i played of it last night. Did the first Riddler challenge in the Batmobile, which was fun. Combat is as expected, but it's cool seeing Batman use surfaces while doing regular combat (he wall jumped while punching someone at one stage for me). Haven't really progressed the story at all yet though, so looking forward to that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well so far I'm a bit dissapointed, I'm just as far as SPOILER a certain someone making a return, it's just a bit meh, don't like the Batmobile been forced into everythinbg, I'm just after going to the second Island, hopefully it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The harley quinn story pack was a extremely disappointing , I was expecting a story like catwomans in arkham city.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I got to play a few hours yesterday and am enjoying it. But I'm not blown away by it. I think it was Johnny_Ultimate who pointed out before that by giving a larger open world to play in, it's taken a lot of the focus out of the game.

It does have plenty of little bits and pieces that make it enjoyable, though. Things like the combat flowing really well in large battles, with the hits feeling harder than before. The dual take-downs (or whatever they're called. The ones where you have your car or another NPC help you) are very satisfying and again flow brilliantly in large fights.

The fear takedown is fairly awesome looking, but does tend to make a lot of fights very easy to finish quickly. And a slight story spoiler, but I thought how they have
    the Joker appear whenever you turn around, particularly the scene in the Clocktower
    was brilliantly put together.

I'm hating the car. I don't like car games in general, and being forced to do challenges in it with it's terrible steering and awkward aiming, is just punishment to me. Thankfully any missions I've had to use it on have been relatively forgiving in allowing me to restart shortly before I failed. I'd snap if I had to do some of them from the start each time.

I picked this up for PS4, so haven't had any issues with playing it. But it did have about 7gig of downloads to go through. Thankfully I was able to play it while downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

33% through main story (according to ingame stats)

initial impressions are good despite the horrific pc performance issues

I find it's better paced then both City and Origins, despite knowing a lot of the rogue gallery will make an appearance the game has been slow to roll out the circus of villains but instead focus on the main ones. Sort of in the same way Arkham Asylum had you dealing mostly with the joker up until a point and then it opened up into the other characters at the asylum. It always annoyed me how quickly you got thrown into meeting the rogues gallery one by one in city with two face and penguin very early in the game.

I dont know if it was just me but it's been so long since I played the last games but I was surprised at how little tutorial there was to the standard mechanics (in particular detective mode etc) also how you start with a fair chunk of the gadgets without the need to find and unlock them all over again. Kind of liked it, but I was assuming detective mode was deactivated til the tutorial for it when I just didnt remember what button it was (or it was moved)

as for the batmobile I was initially meh to it, especially it's battlezone like tank combat, but I've warmed up to some parts of it about the point you have to chase a villain in it and I found it to be very reminiscent of the Burnout games.

story and graphics with the exception of that broken by yonder pc dickery my only major issue is batman himself during cutscenes, he is terrifyingly rigid during his dialogue, his mouth moves but nothing else does and he stares with his eyes wide open. It's really uncomfortable, especially when opposite more....animated characters. It's also not helped that Kevin Conroy so far really feels like he phoned it in.

As for the story I was engaged but going through the motions until a key point and since then while the main plot is hohumm the actual scenes have turned into amazing fan service for batman fans
    Killing Joke scene is amazing
    and frankly the spoilerific spoiler spoiler spoiler
    Joker!
    just makes every scene perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

cena wrote: »
    Has the pc version been fixed

My PC game says it's not unlocked till next month (it's preloaded)....is that cause of region or global release on PC next month ?

Unlocked it by using proxy, gaming laptop can't really run it as I'd like anyways, so will wait till I get my new PC next month to enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not a fan of the bat mobile controls so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cloud493 wrote: »

Think it's been said that you can change them once you complete the tutorial and then select toggle battle mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thinking of picking this up today for the PS4... Where's the cheapest you can get it, Argos?

And is it worth getting, or should I hold off.. I never owned any of the other Arkham games... Should I have played these first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

cloud493 wrote: »

I'm finding the controls grand. I have accidentally hit LT to brake quite a few times like most people....but I've gotten used to it now and feel switching it back would just confuse me.

I have it running smoothly at 60 fps but that means dropping the textures down...which I shouldnt have to do. Amazingly, it performs worse than Origins and looks worse. This is what happens when you half-ass the PC version.

Advertisement